ESF to Steam

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, no. Don't make a folder called models, there should already be a "models" folder in your cstrike folder.
If there isn't a models folder in there, then there is definatly something wrong. :laff:

Best answers
I tried to start a server, and it just refuses to work. I did everything according to the steam->mod walkthrough/FAQ, but to no avail. I select my map, checm my options, hit OK, and steam takes a second, and crashes. :(

Best answers
I did every thing every thing this fourms siad to do i put the fmod.dll in the half life folder in stream half life folder i put the esf mod in the folder it told me to put it in its just not working it freezes my computer and makes errors what is it that i got to do!?

Best answers
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP
64 MB RAM
400 Mhz processor
1GB HD space (recommended)
Broadband Internet connection (recommended but not required)

If you can't run that, you shouldn't be playing games.

Best answers
I have a kick ass computer play esf all the time with no lagg at all i have windows ME with cable Internet . I just been havening problems with steam like very one else, just wuss wanting to no Why steam is not leting me play with mods, I did every thing that wuss said o well i guss steam is just a peace of Crp won is so much better.

Best answers
im still trying to gt past the STEAM UserID Ticket too.. all the other games work just fine and the steam website says nothin about how to fix this problem yet..but i have patience..i have not played ESF not even 1 time yet

Best answers
my guess about the ticket error is you must have cs installed in order to get a ticket for third party mods
I got that error with esf and ns, but i don't with hl.. but since i'll NEVER install cs on my comp i can't test it :|

Best answers
allright this is probably gonna sound like a dumb question, but I recently installed steam, and without thinking about it I deleted the folder dedicated to the old way. I have no hard drive space so it seemed like a good idea at the time. I can't join games that I used to be able to join in ESF using steam. For example I can't join scorch's server anymore, is there any way to make it so that I can join these servers again? Or will people eventually have to convert over to steam. Basically I'm hoping I didn't screw myself over especially since I'm already signed up for Groovy's tournament, and in that new league that was just put up. I think I've installed everything right and even moved the cfg files from the old one before deleting it so everything works fine in steam, theres just only 2 servers, and I added my favorites again, but it won't let me join them. If anybody has an answer to this, please tell me. Thanks

Best answers
I think that you have to join steam servers through steam. You can only join all the other servers through the regular install. That's why I still have my old Half-Life folder, because there aren't many steam esf servers at the moment.

Best answers
i might try it... is there anyway to uninstall it? if not i aint even tryin that crap

Best answers
I just created a account for steam and then i got this message:

Dear Steam user,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration.

Steam has detected that your copy of Half-Life Platinum Pack has already been
registered to another Steam user. Your product's CD-Key (the number printed on
the CD case which you were asked to type in after installing the game) matches
one already in our database.

The CD-Key you entered is: **********(i'm not going to put my cd key here)

You will not be able to play Half-Life Platinum Pack unless you provide an
unclaimed CD-Key. To provide an unclaimed CD-Key, you will need a copy of
Half-Life Platinum Pack which has not already been registered on Steam.
Double-click on the name of the game in Steam's "Games" window and then follow
the given instructions.

For further help or product support, please visit http://www.steampowered.com

Best answers
ssj3 vegitto said:
um i only have a counterstrike folder after the email adress thingy and this is in it

dude theres a sticky in the counter strike forums that explains everything about custom models and sounds and having them work with steam, i dont know why a counter strike player has to go to another game forum and ask where its in there own forum :/ (sorry if it sounded like a flame, just wanted to bring up that point)

Best answers
Crackman said:
allright this is probably gonna sound like a dumb question, but I recently installed steam, and without thinking about it I deleted the folder dedicated to the old way. I have no hard drive space so it seemed like a good idea at the time. I can't join games that I used to be able to join in ESF using steam. For example I can't join scorch's server anymore, is there any way to make it so that I can join these servers again? Or will people eventually have to convert over to steam. Basically I'm hoping I didn't screw myself over especially since I'm already signed up for Groovy's tournament, and in that new league that was just put up. I think I've installed everything right and even moved the cfg files from the old one before deleting it so everything works fine in steam, theres just only 2 servers, and I added my favorites again, but it won't let me join them. If anybody has an answer to this, please tell me. Thanks
well you can only play in servers that have crossed over to steam, you have 2 options just uninstall steam and reinstall hl agian, or wait a week or two till WON shuts down and all the servers will cross over and youll be able to play there agian, and yea those 2 servers on steam i cant join to for some reason, i guess the server owners dont want you to join or something :/

Best answers
OKOK

I get teh same!! exact problem that skyrider is getting it says the same ting abou tmy steam iD thingy then it says 34 at the end.. and i only see onE server up.. i dont know if it's just that server or Wut.. but yah any thing that could help me with this problem would be appreciated

Best answers
I tried what Sano said about the config.cfg but it still doesn't work. Is there anything else I can try? I wanna play ESF..I can get everything to work BUT the controls. When I click the keyboard tab it's blank. There aren't any controls in there. Can someone help? Please?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
steamgetencrypteduseridticket failed error 1 unknown error blablbal that shows when i try to join a server :\ wtf is this ****

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom