ESF Standalone

Best answers
Hello guys,just want to say...it would be awesome if you could play ESF:Final with no Half-Life or Steam..just like ordinary game

Last edited by a moderator:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well to make an "ordinary game" for dragon ball and not a modification one, you need 2 things at least. The first is: your own engine and the second is: the dragon ball's rights from Akira Toriyama.

They don't own both, so lets go with the modification plan or they will have to deal with lawyers and stuff.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF's been developed using the HL engine for a long time now, switching now really isn't an option. Half-Life's readily available over Steam, and doesn't cost too much, so it's more than accessible.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well to make an "ordinary game" for dragon ball and not a modification one, you need 2 things at least. The first is: your own engine and the second is: the dragon ball's rights from Akira Toriyama.

They don't own both, so lets go with the modification plan or they will have to deal with lawyers and stuff.
We only need the license stuff if we want to sell it. ZEQ2 is stand alone because the Quake engine went open source. HL is not open source, so youll need to have HL1 installed to play ESF.

That simple.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've taken the liberty of altering the thread's title.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
We only need the license stuff if we want to sell it. ZEQ2 is stand alone because the Quake engine went open source. HL is not open source, so youll need to have HL1 installed to play ESF.

That simple.
Well I've seen a game getting closed down even if it was free, this is why i said the above things.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I've seen a game getting closed down even if it was free, this is why i said the above things.
They can close us down even as a mod if they choose to do so. Mod/stand alone doesnt make a difference. We still only need the licence if we want to sell it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Extremly bad idea, Hackers will party on the servers .

And i dont think that esf team will do that, BTW , They going beyond the HL1 - HARD WORK!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom