ESF Revival Movement. Ways to help.

IMA WHALE URGLEURGLEURGLE
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I've been thinking of ways to revive this game. Here is just a short list. I'll also be posting some things we can do to help grow the games fan base by extending out to people who might not know about this game.

For now though, I've posted 3 things here that you guys can do to help out. I also showed examples.

Step 1) Advertise - If you have been playing on any server with me (Neeso). I have been live-streaming my Game play to people at justin.tv/neeso984. I hope that it will bring some people.

Step 2) Host more servers in other areas - The .lt servers are good and all but they lag for most of the people (180+ ping) I see in them. So the more servers we get US/Canada/GB the better. - already got 2 up XD

Step 3) Players need to play more and duel less - I usually see people playing.. in servers with 2 slots locked, that's all fine and dandy but I have a solution to that, guys who "Duel" will learn to love it. I'll be posting about it on my New Server Thread.

Step 4) Teach the ESFn00b - Talk with them, don't just kill them until they leave. This game has a huge learning curve to it and if you are not a DBZ fan, most of you probably would not be playing this game, so don't give them the mindset they might not like the community.

Hopefully if people start spreading this games existence out to more people, when 1.3 finally decides to make a release they will have full servers for many years to come. Maybe we can make some sort of movement as a community and get the word out together. I see 100+ guests online the forums almost all the time so unless you guests are bots you can contribute as well! I'll be working on this post in the future as a side project to the New Servers.

Project 1 - Spreading the Word

The first thing we all need to work on as a community is to spread the word of this games existence. ESF has been around for a very long time, and people move on and forget about games like this. So when you play ESF or go on the forums, maybe post a Facebook/Twitter/Myspace message about the game.

If you guys didn't already know, there is a DBZ MMORPG called Dragon Ball Online (DBO) created in Korea about 2 years ago and is slowly moving to the US and might be here in a year or two. This is the perfect opportunity to get people to play this game. The hype for a DBZ MMO is enough to grab people to other online DBZ games like this one. If its not out in the US/Europe people will want something to play until then. There are Fan Sites out there like dbmmo and such that advertise DBO. If we can start posting things about ESF on these Fan Sites then that should grow our population. I will be making a giant post over on Fan Sites you guys can come and post about as well ( Links Soon).

More To be added... But please, leave any feedback that would help out in this cause or anything I should add to this.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While your intentions are well and good, and I fully support what you are doing, what ESF really needs isn't more advertisement for 1.2.3, it needs ESF: Final to be released. That and word of mouth will provide for the initial burst of players. After that there will a fair number of gaming sites like Rock Paper Shotgun which will create even more of an influx of players.

And this is Dbz we are talking about, once a current-gen PC Dbz game gets released there is no force on Earth that can prevent more people from playing the game.

I prefer just waiting till the Devs get their act on. It'll be worth it.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I agree, but I just don't like seeing how empty the 5-8 servers are.

Also, its been like what 5 years now? I think if more people know about the game coming out that will create a hype. Then that said hype will make people want to post and talk about it. Then the devs would have more reason to push the games development, forgive me devs I don't know how hard you guys are working on the project its just speculation from me :/ for all I know you guys might be working 40+ hours on this.

Hype will push the game, and if what they said about the game is true over these years... people will flip at the pure Sexyness that is 1.3

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats kind of the point, they will just come back, play a bit, get their butts handed to them 10 times over in a span of a minute, and leave. As much as I hate to admit it, the game is a bit archaic atm. We need something new, something wonderful, and something we probably don't deserve. :p

Also, its called ESF: Final. 1.3 has been thrown out the window.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Refer to Step 4.

Something that the community needs to change xD

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but its still not something that can be carried out large scale effectively. The best solution will be to put everyone back at square one. Refer to step "Be Lazy and do nothing." ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, but its still not something that can be carried out large scale effectively. The best solution will be to put everyone back at square one. Refer to step "Be Lazy and do nothing." ^_^
QFT................................Q...f....t.

Maybe though, one day, an adventurer like yourself might be the Dovahkin, dragon born.. and will bring a change to these lands..

[video=youtube;YOxVjbGvUpI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOxVjbGvUpI[/video]

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When the day comes, I will be ready... with my kneepads!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Don't forget the curved swords, even after saving the world those things are still more recognized than I am!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Or Lydia will just take all your crap and magically disappear.......

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Step 2) Host more servers in other areas - The .lt servers are good and all but they lag for most of the people (180+ ping) I see in them.
Well I did what I could for the sake of Lithuania's ESF community back in the day and now I'm pretty satisfied with the results: there are quite a few servers (**** modded ones); I can play the game with a low ping, with which ESF is enjoyable the most; there's quite a community.
I could care less about there being not much servers from different areas in the world, as there's no point for me to play in them for obvious reasons, but it would be great to get some more interest in ESF from all over the world. How I'd do it? Create a server. Create a website/forum, add bunch of downloads and guides in a certain language and advertise. The most important guide would be the creation of ESF servers on both Windows and Linux, and server management.
So, good luck on that. I kinda succeeded, and I hope others will, too.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, to promote Final when it's released I was thinking of starting up a Swedish server and I'll talk to a Steam friend of mine that used to have the best NNK server online, Bardock. Maybe we can do a collab on that.

I would also suggest that the team tries to get in contact with Joystiq (or another alternative) and ask them to make a cover on the mod. They love promoting mods and indie games.

Furthermore, I think that the devs have some contact with Tim N from the NNK forums, their audio developer. He and his friend Jaudain have started a streaming website, where the goal is to stream games, have interviews with indie games and mods and a lot more. I would personally like to see a more professional interview as an addition to the release of ESF: Final collaborating with them. Check them out and look up their youtube channel. http://www.nextgennerdage.com/

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, on #4, we need 1.3 to reset the board.

We have Pro's who go 93 kills, 6 deaths. Now imagine the player who is playing against him. That's not going to inspire you to become better, it's going to frustrate the **** out of you and make you not want to play.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Don't forget that they are trying to ask if the game is still going to be release. All they want is to just brag about it and ask 2-many questions.

Discord Member
Best answers
Problem with this theory is that ESF is reallyyyyyy old and pretty ugly to say the least. Ontop of that (like OP said) the game is extremely difficult to learn. If people aren't immediatley turned off by the visuals they will be when they are molested in game. To be frank, ESF 1.2.3 is dead and it cannot be revived. I am apart of an Australian ESF community grp on steam. I pretty much am always asking people to come join in but no one wants to and it's pretty rare if the server get's more then two people in it at a time. More servers will not help the problem it will just make it worse.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I want to support ESF in every way, but I think until it gets closer to the Final release, a PR campaign for 1.2.3 may not help much. First impressions are everything, and if the newcomers aren't satisfied with the aging 1.2.3, they may not come back for the Final version, which will be vastly different. I know once it does come out though, I plan to spread the word to friends by word of mouth, Facebook, and have it posted on my friend's gaming site pixelsmashers.com which has a growing PC gaming community.

I am all for setting up tournaments and getting us forum members together to play games, which I think would be fun and help to hold us over until the release. However, I don't think this is the time to try to get new players...that should wait until Final.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom