ESF Release Schedule - Important

Which option would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discord Member
Best answers
also it is important to note, THERE IS VERY LITTLE ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT WITH ONLY ONE FINAL RELEASE!!!! although it has been stated there wouldn't b any HUGE MAJOR changes, but with 2 phases there could b some significant ones, suggestions or things we dont like. say ppl think the drag is too OP cuz u can throw n hit em afterward into an indefinite combo. (this is completely fictional example) won't be a chance to fix it n change things around.

2 phases on the otherhand gives us a good look at how the new system works and we can add/remove things from it. and it is correct. Grega said they wont release phase 1 or the final unless there are no bugs for a long period of time. so could b a while anyways.

PLEASE REREAD MY PROS N CONS. it is pretty much a summary of things written in this thread ( i have read every post in this thread)

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Even on your youtube channel???
www.esforces.com is the only answer possible hehehe

People want a lot but cant always get.
Some people cant be patients anymore.
I cant wait for my self to play it as full release.
But I am patient man and rather want to see full release instead.
With a full release everything will be there.
No need to wait for the rest.
If everything goes well a lot of bugs and other issues should be done then.
A lot of people here want to see 2 phase release so they can play a unfinished thing.
Why they want that because it looks good, its new and want to try it out.
What seems very logic.
you know im uploading the videos you dont upload,apart from your channel,i upload esf and db online videos as well : /
Surely you are a patient man,but the other 70% of people waiting for ESF apparently isnt.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
you know im uploading the videos you dont upload,apart from your channel,i upload esf and db online videos as well : /
Surely you are a patient man,but the other 70% of people waiting for ESF apparently isnt.
Patience is the key; maintain it!

A lot of people are patient and are waiting for the big cake while some people want bites or it constantly. You have waited patiently since the release of 1.2.3 so chill and I'm sure the game will be out eventually.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The other 70%?
If I see the poll its more likely 52.98% is patients + the 3.97% for who dont bother.

Next to that why should I upload movies for ESF if 1000s of other people doing that instead?
ESF upload them because it belongs to them. I dont upload things what doesnt belong to me.
Next to that there is a website like I said in my previous mail.
Would be good for them to go there and get a lot more information by them self instead of asking someone.
It would be good for the community as well.

Dont feel offended only give my point of view.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The other 70%?
If I see the poll its more likely 52.98% is patients + the 3.97% for who dont bother.

Next to that why should I upload movies for ESF if 1000s of other people doing that instead?
ESF upload them because it belongs to them. I dont upload things what doesnt belong to me.
Next to that there is a website like I said in my previous mail.
Would be good for them to go there and get a lot more information by them self instead of asking someone.
It would be good for the community as well.

Dont feel offended only give my point of view.
i dont feel offended for sure :D ,and the 70% was a random value,err,i shouldnt upload videos of ESF which i recorded with fraps? o,O
whats the mistake in that :shocked:

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
No mistake with that but you didnt mention it was from the 1.2.x serie.
And since they ask you on youtube about the new version of it makes it a bit confuse about your text.

I have no problems about fraps movies at all.
If I remember right I have some from my old project as well.
What includes esf1.2.3 and ecx.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Was that project ever released Sting? you gotta link? cuz I wanted to give that addon a try.

Discord Member
Best answers
well i think that if the in-team is already going to have a version of this demo perhaps in phase 1, the rest of us should have access to it or perhaps select more testers for the in-team ?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok im slightly drunk and i just skimed it.

But here is the gist of it.

Phase 1 would be something like a demo. Basically a real release (not beta) with limited content.
Phase 2 would be like the final release. All planned content and again as many bugs fixed as we could find.

Best answers

Phase 1 would be something like a demo. Basically a real release (not beta) with limited content.
Phase 2 would be like the final release. All planned content and again as many bugs fixed as we could find.

PLEASE GREGA JUST DO IT!
THE FINAL ESF WOULD take THE SAME TIME TO RELEASE IN THE BOTH OPTIONS
U CAN ATTEND EVERYBODY CHOSING 2 PHASES

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers

How high is the risk of having problems with the coding? Like bugs pop up and then setting you even more behind schedule. Or are you guys already know the right way to place the code so it won't affect anything?

Best answers
To wait for this game how to wait for the end of the world which no one knows when will be:)
I look forward to this game :) I like this game :p

Last edited:
Best answers
neeeeeeed playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this gaaaaaaaaaaame !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How high is the risk of having problems with the coding? Like bugs pop up and then setting you even more behind schedule. Or are you guys already know the right way to place the code so it won't affect anything?
As high as there are systems in the game. Every bit of code added, is a potential bug. Thats why any coder will tell you that debugging is the biggest part of programming.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They haven't made a decision yet...

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
As high as there are systems in the game. Every bit of code added, is a potential bug. Thats why any coder will tell you that debugging is the biggest part of programming.
Yeah I know that, in school we learned a bit of visual basic to get the feeling of programming debuggin and stuff thats why I asked the question if you guys know more or less the way the code need to be placed so you wont be set behind schedule.

Well I don't really mind if the game is released now or later but if you think that the risk is worth it(like that it will boost/revive the community even further beyond) then go for it but expect whiners too, whining about bugs or low number of characters/modes etc.

So you guys need thick skin and guts to go for it. Wish you good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont misstake phase 1 for a beta release. If we do end up making a 2 phase release then Phase 1 will still go though the full process of debugging for all the stuff that will be in it, just like a full release.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yeah I know that, in school we learned a bit of visual basic to get the feeling of programming debuggin and stuff thats why I asked the question if you guys know more or less the way the code need to be placed so you wont be set behind schedule.
They can't be set behind schedule because they have no schedule lol. Hence why there is no release date and there never will be^^.

On a side note, I did Java for my first year at Uni and I found the longest and hardest part of coding is making it work or rather finding a way to make it do what you want it to do. Debugging is easy as you just play around with the values and try different ways of doing the same thing you intended the first time. I spent hours starring blankly at the code trying to figure out how I could implement the features required for my project... But I think this only happens when you first start coding in OOP. When you know what you're doing debugging must be long and tedious when you have thousands of lines of code.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom