ESF Release Schedule - Important

Which option would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
How can we wait for the final version? Maybe pre final version of the ESF?

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've been waiting.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You need patience guys, they are working on solutions and trying to figure out which phase to go for.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
A lot of people here want to see 2 phase release so they can play a unfinished thing.
Why they want that because it looks good, its new and want to try it out.
What seems very logic.
Yes, a lot of you that choose option 1 are like.
"Option 2 voters just want to play and they don't care the rest."
"Option 2 voters are inpatient."
Does that make option 2 invalid?
I don't say so. It makes sense, it wouldn't negatively impact the game in a way (other than complaining people ofc)
and you don't have to be the play all strict and say "It should be like this." if both options are equal to the team
but different for the people.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's not like that.

It is true that most of option 2 voters do want to play the game early ( I voted option 2 and that is one of the reasons ). Aside that, both options have pro's and con's. The team needs to decide which is the best.

Discord Member
Best answers
yeah i know .... but the fishiest thing about that i would say is the fact that option 2 got 0 votes during that whole thing. whats the chance of 70+ ppl coming from somewhere all voting for the first option when option 2 has been steadily rising the whole time. just doesn't add up imo

reasons option 2 is good

and Devers i think you are overlooking the benefits of Option 2 too easily. from what information i have gathered from ppl working on the project. the biggest thing that needs work is modeling (and more bug testing). and as it is the ESF team doesn't have enough modelers to complete em all in a quick n orderly fashion (hence them asking for designers n what not). everything else is done .... and just for the sake of modeling and graphical designs you want EVERYONE to wait years and years?

now more reasons option 2 is good. Having this "demo" out would generate more interest in the game. more word of mouth more ppl know more ppl play. and that generates a bigger resource pool for the Dev team. heck it WILL bring more modelers, graphics designers, programmers, and coders; all at the professional level. when ESF first came out there were always ppl making custom models and what not, and some of em were pretty damn amazing.

another reason option 2 is good. Gives more breathing room for the Dev team, less pressure of a release, less ppl bantering about a release, less stress, more ease, and they can REALLY take their time then. after having a demo out and ppl love it and are playing it. heck donations can even increase too at that point. we also get to test out the new system (the biggest thing im waiting for, as i am more interested in the PVP fighting aspect of the game). and if we love it then all the better, and if its something that really turns the game off then Dev team can Tweak it. games have expansions releases and patches for a reason, it helps improve the game and make it better. Option 1 on the other hand is a FULL & FINAL sort of thing here. if there's something we dont like .... tough f*in luck

and reason number 3, gives a broader range for bug testing. for a game to b truly tested, you need to test it amongst more than just the best of the best of systems. you have to test it against every kind of system imaginable. that's the only way to TRULY test a game entirely.

reason number 4, we get to play while we wait ... am sorry but 1.2.3 is gettin pretty lame. current system just isnt full involving as it should b .... the DDR aspect of it is completely horrid/useless. and the game looks old as **** too .... not very pleasing to look at if u know what i mean. desperately needs an upgrade (and a "demo" would b exactly that)

now reasons option 1 is good

the biggest reason i would say option 1 is good is, you would get an OVERALL earlier release of the FINAL game. if option 2 were chosen, resources would have to b devoted to the first phase of it and that will take resources away from working on the final of the game. it is quite an undetermined amount on how much longer it would b delayed .... but it wouldn't b years n years (just about the time it takes phase 1 to b nearly completely stable)

reason 2, the Dev team maintains complete control of the community .... they said it would b a FINAL release and nothing afterward, and they can have what they said. (but imo i wouldn't mind em changing their mind)

reason 3 when game comes out, it is done. more/most of the bugs have been fixed and there are little problems and such. the in game beta team would have had PLENTY of time to test it thoroughly top to bottom.

reason 4 clean perfect game .... exactly how the Dev team wants it in every way.

reasons option 2 is bad

reason 1 it will slow down the overall production of teh game. the final release would b pushed back even more. heck having a phase 1 COULD make the team relax too much and take even longer. having a phase 1 demo out wouldn't put a heavy pressure on them to finish something ppl have been waiting for years and years. (i myself have been waiting since 1.3 beta, just cause it says mar 2011 join date don't mean i've been only waiting for a year, MOST ppl who play ESF don't forum troll, i only made an acc so i could talk in the chat & ask questions >< ). heck the team could decide to not even release a final (this is what i think most the ppl voting for option 1 are worried about)

reason 2 i am not too sure how the in team beta team is doing, but there could b a lot of bugs that makes the game unbearable if it is released in an earlier stage. but something tells me this wont b a problem as there is no time limit on when phase 1 will b released.

reason 3 ppl could play the game and then get pissed off that it doesn't have all the characters/features and think this is the final version. they stop playing and dont realize there is a final version coming out and miss out. but something tells me this wont b too big of a problem.

reason 4 old forum users dont like it? sorry couldn't really find a fourth reason good enough ... but as it is it seems like this is the biggest reason winning right now so i thought i'd mention it. (am only saying this because there are a lot of ppl just complaining that "so and so joined this date and has this many posts" and give NO REAL REASON why the option they chose is better. dont give pros n cons .... just wave around their join date and posts like an E-penor.)

reasons why option 1 is bad

reason 1 **** is going to take a million years. sorry no disrespect for the team but .... been waiting for this game a long time. and i know a lot of ppl are like being patient is good ... but those same ppl DONT EVEN PLAY THE CURRENT GAME. i mean i understand waiting is good .... but u guys are all waiting playing skyrim and all these other games .... but othjers playing the game .... for EIGHT YEARS waiting for SOME kind of upgrade. (can see why everyone has so much time on the forums) b fair to the players not forum whoring/trolling .... who are actually playing the game. they deserve something for sticking AND playing the game for so long

reason 2 most of the game is done. we have to wait years and years and years and years more for all models to b complete and graphical interfaces :/ entire game play is done. nearly all of the maps are done. the system is in itself full and ready. but we will b forced to wait instead

reason 3 no way for anything more creative to come out of it. with a full 1 release ... game is released and no more changes implemented to the system. with option 2 ppl will b playing the game .... and certain things will come up ... certain tactics strategies ways to fight .... all of these things are unanticipated. with a full FINAL release only ... we won't have an option to make any changes or suggest anything. Option 2 would facilitate more features and better game play overall

reason 4 the trolls will win :/ lolololol. no but seriously reason 4 the ESF community has been generating a lot of interest last few months (not entirely sure reason why, but i know i have been spreading the word around a lot lately and some others as well.) we WILL lose this sudden influx of users coming in wanting to play. everyone is expecting something right now. and if it doesn't show up, i would imagine they go n crawl back into their little caves and we will miss them. the added video and picture updates n stuff arent enough to keep em all around ... its cuz of those videos they are here ... and now they want to b playing n doing those things they saw.
pros n cons. more things can b added with 2 phases ... and way better for bug fixes n what not. 2 phases just makes everything a lot smoother than just having everything blow up in 1 final release.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Kinda late

I remember Grega's answer to a guy who asked for a beta like option 2. Grega said that this would take some time to program it and it will be full of bugs.

So what that means?

The time that was supposed to go towards final will be wasted on a beta and people will then complain about it that it has bugs and stuff. Team will probably be irritated and thats a no good too.

Someone said something like do option 1 with phase 1 and 2. phase 1 full release then phase 2 bugfixes for the new bugs we will find and few addons.

I think thats the best option.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
As long there is no word from the bigboss means everything is still possible.

@Shonnie
Yes, a lot of you that choose option 1 are like.
"Option 2 voters just want to play and they don't care the rest."
"Option 2 voters are inpatient."
Does that make option 2 invalid?

Impatients yes some of them are.
I never said about that they dont care about everything else.
And no option 2 is not invalid because there are also good sides on option 2.
And I am thinking about feedback like some in the inteam think about that as well.
But there is just more at hand.
For example how many feedback we can get??
And from who?
Maybe a group only start to complain even it is told about some limits in the phase 1 release.

And there is something else that I remember.
After the open beta they told they not going to release a beta versions anymore because people where complaining a lot.
And they only want to go for a full release.
Minds can change in time I know about that as well and thats why this poll came to see how others where thinking about it.
As you could read there where diffrent toughts about it and diffrent choices been made.

Because of the many reasons the inteam look for the best solutution.
And now we have to wait for that.

Dont take me wrong I also want to see it released as soon as possible.
But when I think about it then both have very strong points and personaly think option 1 has a bit the over hand in this.

Best answers
for real what is that all about???????? stop saying option 2 is bad or stupid or stuff!!!! there is one simple way to make both happy!!!! make option2!!!! the ones who wanna play the final thing shall wait untill its complete and untill then the others can play! nuf said!

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Kinda late

I remember Grega's answer to a guy who asked for a beta like option 2. Grega said that this would take some time to program it and it will be full of bugs.

So what that means?

The time that was supposed to go towards final will be wasted on a beta and people will then complain about it that it has bugs and stuff. Team will probably be irritated and thats a no good too.

Someone said something like do option 1 with phase 1 and 2. phase 1 full release then phase 2 bugfixes for the new bugs we will find and few addons.

I think thats the best option.
This proves how much you have been reading....stop misleading everybody just because you didn't read the essential posts in this thread.

@Grega clearly said that Phase 1 would be exactly like the Phase 2 version in terms of Gameplay. No bugs (maybe a few tiny ones). They WILL NOT release Phase 1 or even the Final release unless they go 4 concurrent weeks without a single bug!

That guy that asked for a BETA got the right answer from Grega since a BETA would definitely have bugs. But PHASE 1 is NOT A BETA, it is a DEMO. Not even that, it's the actual Final game with less content as it will take probably another year to make the rest of the characters, maps and FX that they want to make.

Phase 1 WILL be made for the inteam REGARDLESS of the choice to release publicly or not. Also, after the Final release, it is IMPLIED that the team WILL stick around to fix some bugs if they pop up, until the game will be perfected, but they will not be working on another ESF (I think some of them want to revive NNK).

Last edited:
Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
for real what is that all about???????? stop saying option 2 is bad or stupid or stuff!!!! there is one simple way to make both happy!!!! make option2!!!! the ones who wanna play the final thing shall wait untill its complete and untill then the others can play! nuf said!
Having to play the game at its full extent since its release date is the most fun imo.. I don't want to let others have a huge cheat start nor do I want to play a game lacking stuff... there is the flaw in your post.. I'm not saying 2 is bad, but it's not perfect either.

Best answers
Shadi, why would they have a huge cheat start, if you are able to play it too. If you don't play it and you prefer to wait till the final release, isn't it your fault than? I would also prefer the second option, since I know exactly what it means if the game is in develope for that long time. Look at NNK. ;)

Last edited:
Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Shadi, why would they have a huge cheat start, if you are able to play it too. If you don't play it and you prefere to wait till the final release, isn't it your fault than? I would also prefere the second option, since I know exactly what it means if the game is in develope for that long time. Look at NNK. ;)
Because people that prefer to play the full game would perhaps wait for the real version and at that time because they didn't wanna spend their time on a half-assed game they will have to deal with people better than them (for a while)

You can't compare NNK because NNK had memory leaks, and lots of others problems in addition ... ESF will be more balanced for your PC after they are done tweaking.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
This proves how much you have been reading....stop misleading everybody just because you didn't read the essential posts in this thread.

@Grega clearly said that Phase 1 would be exactly like the Phase 2 version in terms of Gameplay. No bugs (maybe a few tiny ones). They WILL NOT release Phase 1 or even the Final release unless they go 4 concurrent weeks without a single bug!

That guy that asked for a BETA got the right answer from Grega since a BETA would definitely have bugs. But PHASE 1 is NOT A BETA, it is a DEMO. Not even that, it's the actual Final game with less content as it will take probably another year to make the rest of the characters, maps and FX that they want to make.

Phase 1 WILL be made for the inteam REGARDLESS of the choice to release publicly or not. Also, after the Final release, it is IMPLIED that the team WILL stick around to fix some bugs if they pop up, until the game will be perfected, but they will not be working on another ESF (I think some of them want to revive NNK).
Dude,

I don't think I said that the question was asked in this thread. This question was at esf steamchat(sometimes here in the forums too) like 1 year ago.(Maybe I should have mentioned that)

Btw phase 1 is like how the beta final would have been more or less if they really did release one. We talked about this type of thing lots of times in the steamchat(always brought up from a new guy asking for the release date).

For your information there's already an inteam esf:final for the sake of bug testing.

Ofcourse I m not gonna read 74 pages about if a game should be released in 2 phases or 1. Most people prefer option 1 like me.
Actually I don't really care, I've been waiting for a long time so it doesn't matter anymore if I need to wait for a year or a month. I guess I m not at that age anymore.

Just so you know people are greedy as **** and that was seen when the beta1.3 was released. They might go over the top again, against the team and thats not a situation we should wish for. Its really easy to give up on something.

Anyway the big heads will decide the final outcome.

Best answers
Sure it will be more balanced and stuff, but that's the thing. It's probably already much better than NNK so why would you still wait for it. I am pretty sure, that if they update at least this game, it wouldn't end as NNK did. Well, probably NNK didn't end at all, maybe they will work on it again but still, if there aren't many bugs at all which would **** on that game and if they would update it with some new characters, maps and other stuff why would'nt you play it some weeks or months before? I don't get it, but well, at least we have to wait for it so we will.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Sure it will be more balanced and stuff, but that's the thing. It's probably already much better than NNK so why would you still wait for it. I am pretty sure, that if they update at least this game, it wouldn't end as NNK did. Well, probably NNK didn't end at all, maybe they will work on it again but still, if there aren't many bugs at all which would **** on that game and if they would update it with some new characters, maps and other stuff why would'nt you play it some weeks or months before? I don't get it, but well, at least we have to wait for it so we will.
I don't wish to be super accustomed and then there are tweaks and changes there will be enough changes in rules on the servers in the first place to adjust to.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still don't understand why you guys are bringing NNK and its instability into this.

Just to educate you all, NNK had a rushed release, which is why it had so many issues. Whichever option the team chooses won't be rushed.

Best answers
Well, even if NNK was like that, it still was played by me a looooot! So I'm not angry about some issues.
That's true and that's why I'm thinking that option 2 would be better, because they are not in rush.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I agree with Dam.
What has NNK to do with ESF Final??
First of all it was a compleet other team working on it.
Second ESF is in development for more then 10 years and bring out some releases.
NNK is more likely from 2 a 3 years ago???
ESF and NNK are totaly diffrent in that part of development.

@LSSJ
Hey no one say bad things about option 2.
So dont be the boss now and decide what needs to be done.
We have a Masta arround here who's doing a good job on it working this issue out for whats the best.
Everyone has theyre opinion about it.
And a opinion doesnt have to be bad at all since all options has theyre minus and plus points to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom