Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Splendid post Deverz! You nailed it!

To put the cherry on top of the cake, his opinion isn't aggressive he's literally saying the other one won't by any chances be chosen lol.. like he just completely ignored the poll.

Option 2 is not a beta or alpha.
Option 2 is a demo.

Is it hard to understand?
A demo can be of a game that's already done and the demo's single purpose is to tease you into buying the game after you can't go further therefore you're wrong. The team knows they have been slow (all due to respect in all the time they put in it) so they offer us a part of the game to try out.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
It wasnt 2 minutes. It was exactly 2 hours and 24 minutes between the first and last one.

There are no proxy IPs in there, no duplicate IPs and all accounts are legit.

yeah i know .... but the fishiest thing about that i would say is the fact that option 2 got 0 votes during that whole thing. whats the chance of 70+ ppl coming from somewhere all voting for the first option when option 2 has been steadily rising the whole time. just doesn't add up imo

reasons option 2 is good

and Devers i think you are overlooking the benefits of Option 2 too easily. from what information i have gathered from ppl working on the project. the biggest thing that needs work is modeling (and more bug testing). and as it is the ESF team doesn't have enough modelers to complete em all in a quick n orderly fashion (hence them asking for designers n what not). everything else is done .... and just for the sake of modeling and graphical designs you want EVERYONE to wait years and years?

now more reasons option 2 is good. Having this "demo" out would generate more interest in the game. more word of mouth more ppl know more ppl play. and that generates a bigger resource pool for the Dev team. heck it WILL bring more modelers, graphics designers, programmers, and coders; all at the professional level. when ESF first came out there were always ppl making custom models and what not, and some of em were pretty damn amazing.

another reason option 2 is good. Gives more breathing room for the Dev team, less pressure of a release, less ppl bantering about a release, less stress, more ease, and they can REALLY take their time then. after having a demo out and ppl love it and are playing it. heck donations can even increase too at that point. we also get to test out the new system (the biggest thing im waiting for, as i am more interested in the PVP fighting aspect of the game). and if we love it then all the better, and if its something that really turns the game off then Dev team can Tweak it. games have expansions releases and patches for a reason, it helps improve the game and make it better. Option 1 on the other hand is a FULL & FINAL sort of thing here. if there's something we dont like .... tough f*in luck

and reason number 3, gives a broader range for bug testing. for a game to b truly tested, you need to test it amongst more than just the best of the best of systems. you have to test it against every kind of system imaginable. that's the only way to TRULY test a game entirely.

reason number 4, we get to play while we wait ... am sorry but 1.2.3 is gettin pretty lame. current system just isnt full involving as it should b .... the DDR aspect of it is completely horrid/useless. and the game looks old as **** too .... not very pleasing to look at if u know what i mean. desperately needs an upgrade (and a "demo" would b exactly that)

now reasons option 1 is good

the biggest reason i would say option 1 is good is, you would get an OVERALL earlier release of the FINAL game. if option 2 were chosen, resources would have to b devoted to the first phase of it and that will take resources away from working on the final of the game. it is quite an undetermined amount on how much longer it would b delayed .... but it wouldn't b years n years (just about the time it takes phase 1 to b nearly completely stable)

reason 2, the Dev team maintains complete control of the community .... they said it would b a FINAL release and nothing afterward, and they can have what they said. (but imo i wouldn't mind em changing their mind)

reason 3 when game comes out, it is done. more/most of the bugs have been fixed and there are little problems and such. the in game beta team would have had PLENTY of time to test it thoroughly top to bottom.

reason 4 clean perfect game .... exactly how the Dev team wants it in every way.

reasons option 2 is bad

reason 1 it will slow down the overall production of teh game. the final release would b pushed back even more. heck having a phase 1 COULD make the team relax too much and take even longer. having a phase 1 demo out wouldn't put a heavy pressure on them to finish something ppl have been waiting for years and years. (i myself have been waiting since 1.3 beta, just cause it says mar 2011 join date don't mean i've been only waiting for a year, MOST ppl who play ESF don't forum troll, i only made an acc so i could talk in the chat & ask questions >< ). heck the team could decide to not even release a final (this is what i think most the ppl voting for option 1 are worried about)

reason 2 i am not too sure how the in team beta team is doing, but there could b a lot of bugs that makes the game unbearable if it is released in an earlier stage. but something tells me this wont b a problem as there is no time limit on when phase 1 will b released.

reason 3 ppl could play the game and then get pissed off that it doesn't have all the characters/features and think this is the final version. they stop playing and dont realize there is a final version coming out and miss out. but something tells me this wont b too big of a problem.

reason 4 old forum users dont like it? sorry couldn't really find a fourth reason good enough ... but as it is it seems like this is the biggest reason winning right now so i thought i'd mention it. (am only saying this because there are a lot of ppl just complaining that "so and so joined this date and has this many posts" and give NO REAL REASON why the option they chose is better. dont give pros n cons .... just wave around their join date and posts like an E-penor.)

reasons why option 1 is bad

reason 1 **** is going to take a million years. sorry no disrespect for the team but .... been waiting for this game a long time. and i know a lot of ppl are like being patient is good ... but those same ppl DONT EVEN PLAY THE CURRENT GAME. i mean i understand waiting is good .... but u guys are all waiting playing skyrim and all these other games .... but othjers playing the game .... for EIGHT YEARS waiting for SOME kind of upgrade. (can see why everyone has so much time on the forums) b fair to the players not forum whoring/trolling .... who are actually playing the game. they deserve something for sticking AND playing the game for so long

reason 2 most of the game is done. we have to wait years and years and years and years more for all models to b complete and graphical interfaces :/ entire game play is done. nearly all of the maps are done. the system is in itself full and ready. but we will b forced to wait instead

reason 3 no way for anything more creative to come out of it. with a full 1 release ... game is released and no more changes implemented to the system. with option 2 ppl will b playing the game .... and certain things will come up ... certain tactics strategies ways to fight .... all of these things are unanticipated. with a full FINAL release only ... we won't have an option to make any changes or suggest anything. Option 2 would facilitate more features and better game play overall

reason 4 the trolls will win :/ lolololol. no but seriously reason 4 the ESF community has been generating a lot of interest last few months (not entirely sure reason why, but i know i have been spreading the word around a lot lately and some others as well.) we WILL lose this sudden influx of users coming in wanting to play. everyone is expecting something right now. and if it doesn't show up, i would imagine they go n crawl back into their little caves and we will miss them. the added video and picture updates n stuff arent enough to keep em all around ... its cuz of those videos they are here ... and now they want to b playing n doing those things they saw.

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Option 2 might bring more testers, modelers, programmers and whatsoever.. good thought!

The breathing thing isn't valid since they had too many years of breathing space..

And indeed a broader range of bugtesting.. those are the good benefits imo! (of option 2.. but I like 1 better)

He is writing a book now :S
Books are there to be read! Gogo!

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
current system just isnt full involving as it should b .... the paper rock scissors aspect of it is completely horrid/useless. and the game looks old as **** too .... not very pleasing to look at if u know what i mean. desperately needs an upgrade (and a "demo" would b exactly that)
Just wanna touch on the bold part for a moment here. You mean the DDR style arrows? I guess that's what you mean, because the current system is a rock paper scissors design. Simple melee beats combo melee, combo melee beats throw, throw beats simple melee and bonus melee beats all UNLESS opponent is using bonus melee as well. The winner is then decided on who was using the higher tier bonus melee.. if the same, it's a tie, an awesome exchange of blows, and then both go flying.

This was made clear in the melee demo video here:

http://youtu.be/IZDSCUwW6ug

Carry on :)

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
right ... but the DDR system has no depth. u do the same exact sequence over n over again. like right now .... to talk about the rock paper scissors design in the new one u had to mention a butt load of stuff .... the current system is ... if ur grabbed for throw ur screwed. and u play DDR in the other half
You can dodge it, you can struggle it, you can fight it. You can attack him so he won't think of advanced melee.. several ways to outbalance what you call "screwed"

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Vector... I was pointing out that 1.2.3 doesn't use rock, scissors, paper.. it uses a DDR style arrow system. Was fixing an error in a long winded post, because that's how I roll.. like a boss?

Discord Member
Best answers
I wasn't trying to be aggressive, sorry If I came off that way. The reason I said what I said was because someone told me that option two had been already chosen. Now whether or not that is right, that is what I was told and that's why my post might have come off a bit assertive because the idea of playing ESF soon consumed me :p

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Even if option 2 is picked by the team, they still wont release it until they decide what content exactly is going to be in phase 1, and it's as polished as they can get it. So it'll still be a wait.

Discord Member
Best answers
Yea I figured as much but I wouldn't think that it would be too long, I mean it has been 8 years or something surely they would have all that stuff in Phase One almost done if not completed.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The 'pretty' version of ESF hasn't been in the works that long.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you read back just a little bit you will see Masta state the team is still very split on the issue

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
Deverz how am I to know that? this thread is 70 pages long I'm not going to read every page in hopes I get my answer. That is extremely time consuming.
18 pages for me, all depends on your forum settings.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a fair question. As it stands right now both the team and the community are close to being evenly divided. This makes the decision process a little bit more difficult than if the vote split had been something like 70/30.

The team has been reading through the thread comments and both sides have made some good points. Just today internal discussions around ESF's release strategy have spun back up. This isn't going to be an easy decision to make and may take a few weeks to sort out.

Also, just to set some expectations, no! ESF:F is not ready for release. At the current rate of development a phase 1 release could happen sometime late in 2012. A full release wouldn't likely show up until 2013 or later. This can all change as resources come and go, of course.
3 pages for me

Super elite
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
So what he said, option 1 is chosen? in late 2012? thats going to take a long time in December 30th or maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discord Member
Best answers
No option has been chosen according to Mastasurf's previous post on this thread. If option two is chosen, (I assume thats what you mean) yes it wouldn't be out until Q4 '12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom