ESF not installing properly?

ShY

Best answers
Iv installed esf to my HL folder where i keep all of my HL mods but esf doesnt seem to work. It doesnt even come up as a game in my custom game list when i run HL or cs.

When i try running the esf shortcut on my desktop I get a message saying my hl.exe was moved or whatnot but its where it should be..rigth in my Sierra\hl folder.

After fixing the properties of the shortcut I can get HL to pop up. It says everything that esf should say but i ts running in HL. Like next to multiplayer it says play ESF online but its all under the HL interface. And when I go to create games I get all HL maps no esf maps. Same as with controls.

I dont know if i made the properties right but right now it reads: Target: D:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf
Start In: D:\Sierra\HALF-Life\esf\

ANy idea on how I can get esf to work properly?
I also have steam installed but I dont think that should be a factor since I play both steam based games and won based games.

Best answers
I'm suprised you could even run that shortcut. The first thing, is that the Working Directory should be where the executable is. D : \Sierra\HALF-LIFE\

ShY

Best answers
ok i changed it to that
now i get HL to pop up and no ESF stuff on it but ESF still doesnt come up as a custom game

Best answers
I guess you should check that ESF is actually installed to the correct place. And secondly, where did you get your install and how big is it?

ShY

Best answers
esf is installed into my halflife folder where all my other HL mods are. The instal file I got was from the esf website

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have a libist.gam file inside your esf folder? There has to be one in order for it to show up in your custom game menu.

Best answers
also, what version of Half-life do you have?

ShY

Best answers
yes i do have a liblist and my HL is 1.1.0.0 or something. Its the latest one

Best answers
when you install it it doesnt tell you that it will automatically create an "esf" folder wherever u want to put it. so if you type esf at the end then it will really be installed under esf/esf. it also wants to put it in "counter-stike" in any directory you choose. make sure when you pick browse, get it to the half-life folder, then manually go up and delete where it says counterstrike (half-life/counter-strike to half-life)

ShY

Best answers
yes ur right...its always been D:\sierra\esf\esf
i manually delete the counterstrike it adds at the end
so if it was just D:\sierra\esf would it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom