ESF means =Come and haxx without getting banned.

What do you think?

• Funny, make more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Funny, dont make anymore...

• Crap, do drown yourself

• huh? what sorry i just dont care...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon

X
to 4) you failed. Did you ask the ESF team what their intentions were? I am currios.
Did I really?

Xenon said:
4. You don't want to discuss it because you're afraid that we might be right. Scripting gives you an unfair advantage over other players, and is something that was not intended by the ESF team. I doubt they very much like to see their work destroyed by lamers using scripts, which is probably a very good reason for their inactivity as of late, and the everlasting approach of version 1.3.
Read the bolded text, friend. Also, believe me when I say that no team, no matter where, likes to see their work abused. It doesn't matter where you're from, what the project is, or who your fanbase consists of. Nobody likes to see their work destroyed, or abused.

Best answers
1) You admitted to trying to bypass the teleport delay, so you're attempting to cheat. Whether or not it actually works decides whether or you're a cheater or just a very sad person.

4) DJ Ready is on the team. Read his post.
1) I didn?t. I just said that i can teleport twice at the same time instead of once. The delay is still there after the double-teleport. I have the delay after every second teleport, you have it after every teleport. That don?t make me a cheater. the form of my settings/config let me do something your config isn?t capable of, it?s your problem not mine at all. BTW in ESF you can give EVERY function 2 different buttons in the standard control-menu. You don?t even need a script for that. You just need to go in the game and set the controls like everyone else do. And because my controls are different from yours it doesn?t mean i cheat. Live with it. You can never call me a cheater, because 1. i don?t cheat, 2. i don?t even script and 3. because using controls in a way noone else though before isn?t against any rule.

4) That?s a coincidence.

((And BTW, the makers of CS also didn?t add Busscripts or Duckjump scripts to the game and you still can download and use them without being called a cheater.))

Did I really?
Read the bolded text, friend. Also, believe me when I say that no team, no matter where, likes to see their work abused. It doesn't matter where you're from, what the project is, or who your fanbase consists of. Nobody likes to see their work destroyed, or abused.
OK you didn?t fail.
You are right about that nobody likes to see their work destroyed or abused.
But i personally don?t see the one tap swoop script as an mega advantage for my opponent for example.

If i fight someone who uses scripts and uses them right it?s just some big fun to fight him, because he is good. If i beat him, i can say that my primitive style + my skill is greater then his cool style + his skill. If i lose it?s just because my skill sucks. I can?t give his scripts the fault, because i was unable to deal with them. In my eyes this are just different ways of playing and nothing more. I doubt the ESF team intended that everyone plays the same style ;).
But it?s also a fact that some scripts can be so much unfair that they have to be considered "cheating", but i doubt many people use those scripts.
(I see a difference in scripts which affects your style of playing and scripts which are unfair-->cheats)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No you are cheating. You're by passing a code via a bug. Pressing 2 buttons at the same time to do 2 teleports for the price of one is not how the game is supposed to be played. No one gives a rats ass if there are disadvantages.

I had teleport binded to two different keys as well, but it wasn't to press both at the same time, it was to use one button over the other depeding on any given situation.

What you speak of, is a bug in the game, and so if you're saying using ingame bugs is okay, then it's okay for me to roll exploit you is that it?

Xenon

X
If i fight someone who uses scripts and uses them right it?s just some big fun to fight him, because he is good. If i beat him, i can say that my primitive style + my skill is greater then his cool style + his skill. If i lose it?s just because my skill sucks. I can?t give his scripts the fault, because i was unable to deal with them. In my eyes this are just different ways of playing and nothing more. I doubt the ESF team intended that everyone plays the same style ;).
But it?s also a fact that some scripts can be so much unfair that they have to be considered "cheating", but i doubt many people use those scripts.
(I see a difference in scripts which affects your style of playing and scripts which are unfair-->cheats)
Scripting is not a style of play, as it is not part of the game. Nor was your little way around the teleportation delay.

Best answers
I see it different =/.

"Scripting is not a style of play, as it is not part of the game. Nor was your little way around the teleportation delay."

Is this a specific rule? Or just a frantic rule existing in your brain?

btw no matter what pressing 2 buttons at the same time does, it?s impossible to say this is "cheating"... that?s so absurd. you are thinking very limited =/. I must be a cheater in every PS2 game too, because i always find things out that nobody believed that could be used my way.

anyway it seems pointless discussing those things here.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would probably be better to discuss this here than find out you've been banned from every major server due to the fact that you admitted to be using a new exploit (although I still doubt the feasability of your 2 key method).

Best answers
I wonder why ive been playing on their servers for 2 years with them fully aware that i scripted. No bans no nothing.

And if all scripters are hated, then let it be that way. But let me add that i think there's a reason why a lot of people want to play with me - and yes everyone knows i use a forward swoop script.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WTF!!-Who'd want to play with a cheater!! Doesn't it give us a unfair advantage?!? :(

-GuZzie
I would. As said even if i think scripting equals cheating i dont mind as long as they admit to it.

Besides advantage or nor Toxen is a good player.

Best answers
Why does this discussion have to come up time after time....
First let me give you some facts. Scripts(swoop,telecharge) do give you a advantage, some people say they dont they have no clue. It probably takes some time to get used to, but it will improve youre skills. Very few will or can use scripts to there full potential. A player named Carnage springs to my mind. He could, you could see he was faster then anyone else. Would he be a good player with no scripts? Ofcourse, else you cant be good with them.

ESF is a large part about speed. When we play basic melee only duels this is even more important. How fast can you start swooping again after that chain, fall, teleport or whatever. Those milliseconds add up. So a scripter who isnt retarded does have a advantage over the player that doesnt script.

Now the question is. Does it really matter? In my opinion as long the scripter doesnt lie about the fact he scripts it doesnt. You can refuse to duel him.
Personally I dont care if someone does scripts as I dont play to win but play for fun. And unless someone tells you he scripts you never can be 100% sure.

Aimbot is a whole different story. Because there are degrees in how much of a advantage something gives you. Aimbot will give you a big advantage right away. You cant angle that player if he locks on you. In a high speed fight aiming is what takes skill. Aimbot takes that away. Also its much easier to spot a aimbotter then a scripter. Also my native language isnt english. So if you ***** about it. I dont give a rats ass.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
For me it probably would have to come down to pride and honour.

People who insist on knowingly using scripts/hacks/exploits, id say have no honour. If those people are proud of playing with one or all of the "advantages" Iv listed, I dont get how they could be, every frag would just be an empty victory. Id say like many have before me, those people are just about getting that frag.

The person that said they could bypass the delay after tele, that sounds like an exploit to me, its ment to be 1 tele then delay not 2 teles then delay.

People who are found out to be using scripts/hacks and exploits will always be spoken out against and probably riduculed. Dont expect any respect.
That being said I respect alot "true blue" players I v played with during the time I v been playing ESF.

PS. I hope there people that feel same about me :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder why ive been playing on their servers for 2 years with them fully aware that i scripted. No bans no nothing.

And if all scripters are hated, then let it be that way. But let me add that i think there's a reason why a lot of people want to play with me - and yes everyone knows i use a forward swoop script.
I'm going to say that has to do with the fact that there are only maybe 2 handfuls of good players left in the game. Your kind wouldn't be tolerated if we had a large community.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
imho, Taking advantage of anything that can be classified as a bug, exploit or anything for that matter that gives you an unfair advantage over other players (like binding a the tele button to 2 buttons to avoid the delay) is unfair and bad sport.

I don't mind playing against people who script, cheat, use aimbots or anything else. I am good good enough to hold my own and most likely win too.

I do think its rather silly that people who cheat and use these scripts think that they do not get an advantage though. Why do you use it then, if you don't get anything out of it?

Best answers
It would probably be better to discuss this here than find out you've been banned from every major server due to the fact that you admitted to be using a new exploit (although I still doubt the feasability of your 2 key method).
lol... Never though that pressing 2 buttons at the same time can be called "cheating" and you can get banned from that... Come on, don?t be a fool man:S

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, you're attempting to exploit the system. Stop being dense. You know exactly what you're attempting to do, and everyone can agree that exploits aren't allowed.

If it works, you're using an exploit and should be at the very least kicked from the server. If it doesn't, you should be kicked for believing pressing 2 keys can eliminate the tele delay.

Best answers
i have two buttons for swooping up/jumping, now is that an exploit too?

Well i guess my "kind" would be hated. At least all the known and good players say different than these players whom ive never heard about (forum trolls anyone?).
Funny enough there are only 4 european servers on which the good players are playing. And none of them have rules against scripting. When 1.3 comes I might stop scripting if the movement has become any better in the game. As it is now I have more fun with 1tap forward than doubletap, so that's what i will do.

Best answers
Again, you're attempting to exploit the system. Stop being dense. You know exactly what you're attempting to do, and everyone can agree that exploits aren't allowed.

If it works, you're using an exploit and should be at the very least kicked from the server. If it doesn't, you should be kicked for believing pressing 2 keys can eliminate the tele delay.
OMFG, hahahhahah pls stop it.
I don?t want to talk to you about this anymore. Because i set my controls different then others and am able to do things others aren?t able to do with their controls, it?s not my problem. U didn?t even try it out. You will see, that?s not an exploit at all, just try it out before you talk too big. I am just dealing with the ESF controlls better then you.
This discusion is soooo pointless because you just don?t understand.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
...and am able to do things others arent...
That right there is the problem. You can do things other would normally struggle with, take longer to do or with the 2key tele button thing your talking about, can't do at all without using these silly scripts. That is cheating/atleast unfair.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does this discussion have to come up time after time....
First let me give you some facts. Scripts(swoop,telecharge) do give you a advantage, some people say they dont they have no clue. It probably takes some time to get used to, but it will improve youre skills. Very few will or can use scripts to there full potential. A player named Carnage springs to my mind. He could, you could see he was faster then anyone else. Would he be a good player with no scripts? Ofcourse, else you cant be good with them.

ESF is a large part about speed. When we play basic melee only duels this is even more important. How fast can you start swooping again after that chain, fall, teleport or whatever. Those milliseconds add up. So a scripter who isnt retarded does have a advantage over the player that doesnt script.

Now the question is. Does it really matter? In my opinion as long the scripter doesnt lie about the fact he scripts it doesnt. You can refuse to duel him.
Personally I dont care if someone does scripts as I dont play to win but play for fun. And unless someone tells you he scripts you never can be 100% sure.

Aimbot is a whole different story. Because there are degrees in how much of a advantage something gives you. Aimbot will give you a big advantage right away. You cant angle that player if he locks on you. In a high speed fight aiming is what takes skill. Aimbot takes that away. Also its much easier to spot a aimbotter then a scripter. Also my native language isnt english. So if you ***** about it. I dont give a rats ass.
Because we like to say the same thing over and over and over again, in multiple threads. That's why.

He's a good player because he cheats. If he didn't script he wouldn't be as good as he is now. Jee, that sounds awfully logical captain.

Best answers
*insert other useless threads about scripting here*

[sarcasm]/me starts to look @ the similarities. All arguements are almost all an exact copy.[/sarcasm]

Originality: :no:

As for that handful of players story, Zeonix: ur right, most of the others that were considered "decent" players all quit cuz of the enormous amount of whining and moaning from guys - like u - every time they played... The whining kinda gets annoying after hearing the same ol' same ol' 10x a day...

And then here's my comment on omni's story: ur my hero LoL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom