ESF GROUND MELEE :D

Best answers
Maybe there should be a replacement for sprinting... and ide like to call it a

Leep: Its like a hopp But your pushing off the ground with 1 leg and you go quite a distance

how to do it Just double tap a direction ^^ Also! This leep would move faster Then swoop not by much But it would be faster giving the Ground an advantage over air :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Good idea i believe this could actually work with advantages over air. Imagine if your able to simply run really fast, fast like beam jumping. With the kung fu moves and stuff id play like this just because it would be cool.

Leap is good to if you wanted to force someone from the air to the ground.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The best way I think ground melee would work after thinking about it, is in order to go into flight mode, you would have to use the flight key ( f ). I mentioned earlier that we could also use the space bar, but I think I want to take that back .

Now, if the jump button has nothing to do with flight mode, that can leave possiblities for flips and acrobatics. Like if your running really fast on the ground, hit the jump key, soar the air and land back on the ground, its like you never actually left ground based fighting. Dashing can only be done on the ground, because if players could flip through the air + dashing, it would be hard to hit him. So doing acrobatics lets you evade hits and energy beams, but slows you down a bit.

Dashing on the ground could let you run I would say pretty close to swoop speeds, but is much more ki/stamina efficient. Downside is your on the ground, and an easier target.

SSj Goku, for your idea, the hop you mentioned (double tap) would happen, when your standing still, letting you make quick evasive movements, and if you continue to hold down the movement key, you break out into a sprint.

I was reading your first post, and instead of double-tapping the *backwards* key to do backflips, double-tapping it would let you dash backwards. Lets change it to the "+duck" key for the backflipping (or anything else) to give it some use.

Im assuming all my ideas would work under basic melee =), so it will be much more interesting instead of the usual swooping in the air + holding right click, which is all esf is pretty much based on right now.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
This is all good as long as there are OBVIOUS advantages to being on the ground. Then with the new adv. melee system also being something completely different, esf would be soooo great (basically triple the gameplay depth in my opinion) and would get sooo many more players. =]

Force Pit Member
Best answers
heres some advantages i could think of for being on the ground.

-uses alot less ki/stamini during movement and fighting
-being able to fire ki blasts and generic beams/balls while dashing.
-basic hit combos *could be made easier*, like : the knockback multiplier is slightly smaller, when compared to air hits.
-team based play is much easier fighting on the ground, allowing for more combos ( hit an enemy with a basic hit into your teammate, and he can hit him too)
-flight mode should be tweaked so it uses up slightly more ki, then the way it is now in 1.2
-secret combos that are based on ground melee ( smashing the opponent into the ground,etc)

Best answers
I hope something like this comes out. Basic melee is so boring. No depth right now.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Ok, I was thinking about this for a while. I think when you are doing ground melee, knockback distances should be very short (basic melee). This will allow for alot more close quarter battles.

Another thing too add is not every punch will have a knockback, but can also stun the enemy, and can lead to a follow up hit. For this, you hold down right click for a half second, and the punch/kick will be thrown.

Blocking in this mode should be introduced as a timing feature. You can't just hold it down and block all attacks. You press it once, and your character blocks himself for a half second. And then there will be a half second delay before you can use it again. This will allow for quick blocks, and follow up attacks.

If you press, left+block or right+block, you will do a quick dodge, at the cost of some stamina.

Best answers
OMFG TONY! UVE DONE IT!!! OK READ THIS

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=61726 AFTER U CHECKED IT ALL OUT GO DOWN TO THE SPECIAL BUTTON AND LOOK AT ALT + 1 AND WHEN YOU UNDERStAND THE CONCEPT YOU COULD SEE THE 2hit basic melee COMBO(the stun hit, followed by a real hit) that adds +5 dmg for each HIT COULD BE USED HERE !!!

:::EDIT::::

Great ideas! love them all!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Ok this is continuing on from my ground melee pictures. During Ground melee, Trunks will have the ability to take out his sword. In order to use it, you press mouse2 (attack2) to slash. It does slightly more damage then punches and kicks, but as seen in the pic, it will also be blockable. If Trunks is hit when he has his sword out, he takes slightly more damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom