ESF+ECX+BigPack 8.4 cache_tryalloc error

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
First off I apologize as I've seen a lot of threads about this but no solutions.

Here's my situation
If I create a listen server (As in, 'create server') from within ESF, with ESF,ECX and Bigpack 8.4 installed, I have no problems. It works perfectly, love it. Most excellent. People can join,
People have bigpack features, animations, works like a charm.
I have over 4 GB of RAM.

Here's the problem
-I also run a Dedicated (HLDS) server for ESF. It currently has ESF+ECX and works perfectly. If I add bigpack, I get the cache_tryalloc error.
This is a quad core system with 4 GB's of ram, windows 7 64-bit.

Does anyone know of any solutions to this besides gutting nearly all the characters out? A way to increase the amount of memory the AMX mod is allowed to use? This thing barely dents my system.
I've tried compatiblity mods, I've tried increasing the hunk size. I've tried removing almost all the bigpack characters, but if I put in only one, the problem appears.
It's clearly not a physical ram, or page file issue, I've checked those. It's some sort of limit within AMX or HL or something that's causing the problem. Especially considering it works fine if I create a listen server,
add all the lovely graphics, and it has no problem.
Yet the console dedicated server flops.

Thanks in advance for any reads, considerations, repsonses, and answers.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last time I tried (a few years ago), I had no success on starting a DS with Big Pack 8.4 either. I'd suggest you to simply remove it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would like to help

Except I do not have any clue on how to make the bigpack work or where to put the bigpack that will make the file work.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
First off I apologize as I've seen a lot of threads about this but no solutions.

Here's my situation
If I create a listen server (As in, 'create server') from within ESF, with ESF,ECX and Bigpack 8.4 installed, I have no problems. It works perfectly, love it. Most excellent. People can join,
People have bigpack features, animations, works like a charm.
I have over 4 GB of RAM.

Here's the problem
-I also run a Dedicated (HLDS) server for ESF. It currently has ESF+ECX and works perfectly. If I add bigpack, I get the cache_tryalloc error.
This is a quad core system with 4 GB's of ram, windows 7 64-bit.

Does anyone know of any solutions to this besides gutting nearly all the characters out? A way to increase the amount of memory the AMX mod is allowed to use? This thing barely dents my system.
I've tried compatiblity mods, I've tried increasing the hunk size. I've tried removing almost all the bigpack characters, but if I put in only one, the problem appears.
It's clearly not a physical ram, or page file issue, I've checked those. It's some sort of limit within AMX or HL or something that's causing the problem. Especially considering it works fine if I create a listen server,
add all the lovely graphics, and it has no problem.
Yet the console dedicated server flops.

Thanks in advance for any reads, considerations, repsonses, and answers.
There is a way of making it work from a your computer try going to task manager and end some the processes and then try making the server start up on a different map smaller map would be better even thought the maps are not even that big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom