ESF dieing after steam...?

Best answers
I just got ESF back and it seems rather....dead.

Hardly any servers and people in them. And I bet even less when EVM is released because of the new data will requrie new servers....

Anyone else worried this mod is loseing people, Its the only DBZ mod out thats any good, and I dont think SOS will be that great because its more or less BFP with nothing but DBZ skins, unless they fix the lame PS and horried melee system. What do you think?

Best answers
esf on steam hasn't a lot of servers but most people are still playing on won
the next release all servers will be on steam and then there will be more servers on steam
esf isn't dieing and sos will rule all cause it has nice melee system and you don't need any other game for it

Best answers
I see, i figured it was just steam, but do you know of some clip or a screen shots of the melee system for SoS i figured it was going to be like BFP because its the same look to the game

Best answers
Foamy_sos said:
, and I dont think SOS will be that great because its more or less BFP with nothing but DBZ skins, unless they fix the lame PS and horried melee system. What do you think?
it is fix read around there forums :rolleyes:

Best answers
Well the fourms are down, but i read the FAQ and it sounds like the melee system is what a MMO is useing, its called interlocking.

If youv played KOTOR its somewhat like that is what im reading, should look great.

Best answers
icu2 said:
...the next release all servers will be on steam ...
whow one sec, will 1.2 be only released on steam? i was under the impression that it was compatible with both.

Best answers
I thought they were going to shut down won eventually so esf will go to steam

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Won will only shutdown AFTER steam is stable enough to perfectly support buying stuff over steam.

-Karrde-

Best answers
savior of strength...its a stand alone DBZ game based on the quake 3 engine..it started out as a mod but then kinda went the other way and ended up stand alone when they released the source for q3

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's stick to the topic, gents. This isn't the thread, or the forum, to be discussing SoS. ESF Chat, and the rest of the boards, are to remain strictly to this mod...

As for ESF dying out....with all the people joining up and returning to ask about 1.2, I figure that the release of 1.2 will bring an upheaval of servers, much like 1.1 did. As for Steam, I think it's clear why there are so few servers on it :S

Expect to see more servers, however, when the update is released, or when Valve finally gets Steam going perfectly.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This mod currently being in the beta stage obviously tells you that is not completed. When and if ESF version 1.0 is released, I'm sure there will be loads of servers by then. Majin_You is correct in his statement that ESF is not dying out, people are just waiting for the next version and the supposedly impressive new melee. As talented as the ESF team is known to be, anyone who doubts the possibilites of this mod are crazy.

Best answers
Okay okay, I get it, and Steam is really not that bad, Iv had no problem with it. :D

Discord Member
Best answers
the esf team will release a steam and a "won" version,so dont get nervous about that topic now.

Best answers
ILL NEVER SWITCH TO STEAM....i heard its really bad and it crashes way more than WON. I hope that someone hacks steam and WON rules once again......Very wishfull thinking yes??

Best answers
Well i just think STEAM splittet the half life community for any mod out there , some ppl use won ... some ppl steam i think things will chage to half life , even ESF ... well ill have a look at further versions of the game cause its really great to see the well done work but i know so much ppl stopped playing hl based games and i did too , well quake 3 :id: just ownz

by the way , could someone give me a link to SOS plz :confused:

Best answers
From what i saw, everytime thers a new version comin thers always more servers coming up that the version b4 :O and after it settle down cuz ppl wait 4 the new version :rolleyes:
i bet 200 servers on the arrival of 1.2 >: D

Best answers
Well , thanks for the link ! Hmm i think 1.2 will be very good , but the next year hl1 will less or more be forgotten , i dont want to say that ESF should be hl2 based but i hope team releases a final version of this game and if hl2 or something else comes , this great developement team starts working on new ground with another cool project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom