esf design documents

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew thats how the buddy system would be. The picture of Ginyu with Recoome was a dead give-away.

I also like the inclusion of energy attacks in adv. melee.

The only thing I have have to comment on is Ginyu's buddy system. I'll make a suggestion regarding it.

Edit - I made the suggestion if anyone wants to see it.

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=57408

Look at my Duel mode suggestion while you're there >.>

Best answers
Carnage there is a small discussion(at the moment) going on in the suggestion area about this subject. Just incase you hadn't noticed....might be worth the read.

Best answers
damnit that thing is neat ;D can't wait ffs

Best answers
Ack! That was a heck of a lot to read. But 98% of it is improvements and balances i've wanted to see, and never thought of.

Just a couple of issue i see.

+ extra melee
ESFTEAM said:
- Extra melee
Involving more mouse movement into simple melee. Right now, to determine a direction, you have anglehit, but this addition will allow you to choose a direction even without doing that (making it possibly easier for the newcommers). Basically, when you hit, your mouse movement depends the direction AND strength of the knockback.

Example, I approach an enemy, aim down rapidly and while doing so, hit the enemy. If I aimed down slowly, the hit would be less directional and not as strong. With a fast down-movement of the mouse, I hit him practically downwards and also alot harder."
I also think that would be awkward to use. It would be the new double tapping melee annoyance for 1.3

+ the new dragonball mode
Good idea, but won't the collectors be beam spammed an awful lot?

Uhhh i'll post more soon. Spent too long reading XD

Best answers
the new melee sistem is awesome and the buddy ... and everythink .... this game will rule !!!!the gameplay of the new version is better then budokai 4 ... cuz you don't have to puch 24 buttons at the same time ... only select and fire ... and melee is gonna be much better then budokai ( it has a lot of combo posabilities , more can join in a melee battel ... it's not only melee you can shoot beams and ki blasts ... and it's way diferent then before ( the other melee sistem in 1.2 depends more on look .. now it's about how good you are, reflexez and stuff like that ))... the new dragon ball mode is awesome .... i can't wait for this game anymore ... i'm running made !!!!!! .... the only thing that budokai 4 will have beter than this game is the grafix ... but that's alll ... oh and the distructebel land .... for cring out load .... in budokai only 2 people fight ... but in esf .... you can remake the fight in the first broly movie .... with the slide on the ground and kicking him and shooting a ki blast ( like the time when broly played soccer ball with picolo and picolo was THE ball ) .... i love the whole thing ... you go ESF TEAM .... :shocked: O_O :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
O_O

Love the ideas, now implement them...NOW....what are you reading this for...do it :]

Best answers
Amazing...
1.1 with 1.2 in it...
Now just call it 2.3 :talk: o_o

Ahha anyway renewed interest has got me game for this ^^

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woot! I cant stop thinking about Adv Melee.
Envisioning it just make me wet my pants >:D I can only imagine a FFA server, with EVERYONE in Adv Melee... Just wailing on each other, launching off CRAZY combos. BTW, those "custom" combos are where the team creates their own combo for the players to use ( animations + FX + # hits )

Im thinking about adding gokus Big Yellow dragon attack from one of the movies. Why!? Because I just MIGHT be able to! Lets hope we can do this! hmm.. Marvel vs. Capcom special attacks sounds fun :) Lets hope theres no loop holes :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Darktooth when you guys are finished with 1.3. Than i chalange you to a match XD

Anyhow cant wait to see the new system at work ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
Marvel vs. Capcom special attacks sounds fun :)

God please do :(

freeform combos, pretty model attacks, with a lil bit of marvel v.s capcom styled moves, I see no reason for advanced melee to be looked down apon anymore.

Best answers
can anyone give me a link to where u got these info on esf 1.3? becos from wut ive read it sounds awesome so give me link thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom