ESF and POPUPS!!! HELP ME PLZ!!!!

[J]

Best answers
hahaha kazaa lite. 0% spyware

lol that windows messenger popup annoyed me for at least a month until i went to yahoo and typed "messenger popup" and found the way to disable it. Search engines are your friends :p

Best answers
Originally posted by grOOvy
Another way to do what Gman said:

Go to Start > Run: type in "msconfig" (without "") and press enter.

Now note: -DO NO- MESS WITH ANY OTHER STUFF IN THIS WINDOW, you can ruin your startup because of this.

Go to the StartUp tab, and uncheck the msn messenger excecutable from the list. If it's not there, that means it's already disabled and MSN won't start automatically when you turn on your pc.
fss, with XP you can click the startup tab then Disable All and run JUST fine. Hell, the first thing I do when someone brings in a PC with software issues is disable EVERYTHING in startup, then reboot and see what happens(provided I can get into windows). Pre XP, all you need is systray and loadpowerprofile, XP you can get rid of it all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [J]
hahaha kazaa lite. 0% spyware
Haha...none that you can see. keep telling yourself that, if it makes you fell better. lol

Best answers
i tried alot of the stuff u guys said and i still get pop ups. I just didnt get that IE thing cuz it has come to my attention that every pop blockler on the net sux besides POW! pow is different check it out at www.analogx.com i appreciate all ur help but i guess my computer is to *** to be fixed. THe most annoying error i get is the one that says server busy and it gives me options like abort, ignore, and retry. And those internet script errors where i have to hit yes and no how do i fix that??

Best answers
Haha, I guess im a smart kid. The first thing i did when i saw that damn messenger thing in winxp was to look for it in msconfig. And exactly what spyware is in kazaa lite??? I know that fake one sux (www.kazaalite.com) but I use the real (I hope) one from "www.k-lite.tk".

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The legit kazaa light doesn't have spyware. After running several spyware detection programs (such as adaware), checking my firewall, checking all currently running processes, and checking my current internet connections (netstat) there is nothing else running in the background. You just have to remember that your using a p2p filesharing program. That means that no matter what you open yourself up to an attack. Running kazaa is like running aol. If something knows what there doing they can get in. Its just a question of if your willing to risk it to download a few songs.

Best answers
just have to remember that your using a p2p filesharing program. That means that no matter what you open yourself up to an attack. Running kazaa is like running aol. If something knows what there doing they can get in. Its just a question of if your willing to risk it to download a few songs.
So true.

So remember that kiddies!

Best answers
Bah ok pop up situation is solved now. i still have 1 prob that i need help with. i fixed my pop ups but sometimes i get this msg that says server busy and i have to hit abort or retry. and sometimes i get a script error and i have to hit yes or no how do i get rid of that?????????? plz help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom