ESF 1.3 Boosting FTW !

Best answers
Any info on how the "dashing" will work?

So basically all that we know in esf, will be changed and it will be a whole different game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We can't tell you how Dashing works.

But don't worry, it doesn't take "like 5 minutes" to start a Dash. =/

Best answers
In ESF as it is now, fast reflexes are a nice bonus, and they are a great part of your skill. To me it would just seem like reflexes are no longer needed because you have to charge up to swoop.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reflex's are still very important, it will be very different to 1.2, but its still very similar. Your current 1.2 skills do transfer, just takes half an hour of play to get use to the change.

Best answers
Okay... I'll believe you for now. Not saying that i'm satisfied, but at least you got me off your backs. But i will return fiercely next time an unpleasent video is shown :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Toxen said:
In ESF as it is now, fast reflexes are a nice bonus, and they are a great part of your skill. To me it would just seem like reflexes are no longer needed because you have to charge up to swoop.
Maby there was a missunderstanding. You dont realy charge swoop. You charge turbo. You dont need to stand round and charge turbo to full. You can start the swoop sequence as soon as you activate turbo. But that wasnt shown, since this movie also showed charged turbo.

Best answers
So is it possible to swoop without having turbo on? Or is it required to use turbo to swoop?
TY grega for more explanations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As it works right now, you must charge a little bit in order to swoop (think of it as powering up before a big burst of speed, like in the show), but you don't need to charge to full in order to swoop.

That would be retarded. The Team knows enough about its own game to realize that wouldn't work.

I understand and appreciate your criticism, but I think some of you underestimate the Team sometimes.

Best answers
Well Shiyojin its very hard for us to know what we can expect. It's not like the team gives much info on the mod at all. But that might also be to prevent hyping.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand that, and I understand your frustration, but you must also understand that the Team isn't keeping all of this a secret to annoy you guys.

If they released everything already, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore. There would be nothing left to discover, because you'd already know how everything works, how everything looks, etc.

I do agree however that the community should be involved a little more, but hell, this isn't my mod, I don't make the rules. x3

Though, it could be worse. Some mods don't show you any progress at all.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Dashing". Nice word. Nice video. Nice Mod.

Android 18 and Ginyu must be interesting if they're ready for you guys. Big Question if so. Is Ginyu's ki purple?

Best answers
um. I didn't bother to read thru all that filth you guys posted up there, so I'll just get to the point; does anyone remember that video where ssj1/2 goku is swooping in the hyberhawtchamber meh? I see you guys whining that they are removing the swoop that we got now, but I dont think they are, we've seen the esf team pulling pranks and lies upon us more then once, so quit the emowhine and.. meh

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the 2nd Son said:
"Dashing". Nice word. Nice video. Nice Mod.

Android 18 and Ginyu must be interesting if they're ready for you guys. Big Question if so. Is Ginyu's ki purple?
Unknown. Perhaps a POTW for this week?

/looks at Pain/

Oh and Hampu. Noone said the swoop would be removed. Itl just be totaly changed. And this is no prank.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Toxen said:
ESF was already slowed down a lot when you went from 1.1 to 1.2. And my fears are that it will be more than that.

The reason pro's especially are concerned, is that if it wasnt for us, the game would be dead. It is still the fast gameplay that can give us a rush now and then that we love. If we lose that there won't be anything left for us in the game. And it will just end up with a random fun mod you play 2 hours at a week of LAN.

And that would be very very sad in my opinion.

I'm sorry to hear that the team has had bad experience with pros as testers. But also adding that pros have different opinions than the developers, wouldn't be a reason not to take them in. Rather have some players of all kinds of the community testing it, than just players who shout HURRAY, because there will finally be another element than beaming that they know how to use.

By saying pros i mean those players who are very skilled with melee, and which in my opinion, is the very core of esf. The fast melee and fast movement.

Another thing that makes me annoyed is: All those guard dogs you guys put on the forum. Whenever someone comes with criticism the guard dogs will be there right away to bite their head off and protect the team and the mod from anything bad. What kinda payment do they get for all the asskissing? And if the criticism is way too hard, the biggest guard dogs will ban you :)

Also will there be any chance of letting us know what "The main movement" for combat will be? That might make us less worried and concerned.
I'm sure though most of us got use to it and now I find it harder now to play 1.1 after getting so use to double taps compared to targeting people. New comers to the game however (From what I see happen at internet cafes) just shoot beams and ki blasts, seeing to know nothing of the swoop system and general movement in the game. Some of them eventually pick up on it, however their skill can vary, plus after that they need to know or have some knowledge of melee. If they see someone that nows how to use melee and keeps pwning them then they'll just shut down the server, create a new one with a password to prevent good players from coming into their server or just quit with the assumption that the game is to hard to play and not worth their time. They would need to have read the manual to get an idea of how esf is played, the different aspects of the game to at least know how to do combat in esf, then the rest is up to them in terms of their skills etc.

I'm sure the 1.3 swoop system will be good, especially after seeing exclusive information from being a force pit member. Development on the system itself is in the early stages.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
I'm sure though most of us got use to it and now I find it harder now to play 1.1 after getting so use to double taps compared to targeting people. New comers to the game however (From what I see happen at internet cafes) just shoot beams and ki blasts, seeing to know nothing of the swoop system and general movement in the game. Some of them eventually pick up on it, however their skill can vary, plus after that they need to know or have some knowledge of melee. If they see someone that nows how to use melee and keeps pwning them then they'll just shut down the server, create a new one with a password to prevent good players from coming into their server or just quit with the assumption that the game is to hard to play and not worth their time. They would need to have read the manual to get an idea of how esf is played, the different aspects of the game to at least know how to do combat in esf, then the rest is up to them in terms of their skills etc.
It hapens top me in internet cafe's the same thing , i melee them , they change the server , password i go to then i say no melee , then i beam there ass and then can you teach us how to play and I show them melee

Best answers
The difference between "noobs" and "pros" is that noobs tend to like new things and "cool" animations. New transforms, attacks, animations, maps.. etc. While Pros are more interested in the core of the gameplay. The higher the learning curve the better. Faster the gameplay the better reflexes you need. Those things make the gameplay unique and made me stay for so long. Graphics and other cool but "useless" stuff will make you think great for 1 day. Move on to a new game the other day.

Thats why I always hated the 1.2 adv.melee system its completly skill-less based luck. But worse then that it slows down the overall gameplay! I never use it myself because its slow and stupid. While noobs tend to like adv. melee system the most. Especially making red arrows they seem to love ofcourse the combos requires some form of intelligence and arnt used. I know you cant please both groups because they are as far apart as water and fire. So its best you add some for both, which I might say 1.2 did. 1.1 was easy to learn and hard to master maybe to hard and limited.

About the new swoop system, not much you can say about it untill its finished. But the fact you have to stay on 1 place even for a few seconds makes me scared. Altho ki managment is a big part in how skilled someone is in ESF. So I hope it works out for everyone which I doubt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omni, swoop isn't the main method of attack anymore.

You won't be using Swoop so much anymore.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I agree with toxen and omni. This game was *i hope it will be* one of the really fiew games where skill was needed.
Fast reflexes , Fast teleports , Angles ... etc.
I didn't played 1.1 but my experience with 1.2.3 was cool.
I wish they think again of leaving teh double tab there where it is !
Also omni as you said pros dosn't care for transformations or super duper Beam strugles... but i think all of them care how to KILL....
I think that eaven transformations would be bad idea *cause of high ki*
But as it seems it won't be lame..
Lets all hope 1.3 will be eaven faster !
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Omni, swoop isn't the main method of attack anymore.

You won't be using Swoop so much anymore.
Eeeehhhh Now i'm confused.. :S

Best answers
Well i hate transformations. The real skill is shown in normal form where ki control is a factor. Tbh. id rather get rid of the double tap for single tap movement, which would speed up the game. teleport delays etc. are also slowing the game down.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Toxen said:
Well i hate transformations. The real skill is shown in normal form where ki control is a factor. Tbh. id rather get rid of the double tap for single tap movement, which would speed up the game. teleport delays etc. are also slowing the game down.
Tjan youll just love to play as SSJ3 >=]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom