ESF 1.3 Boosting FTW !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a limit to how far you can power up. Don't worry. :3

You can increase your power a lot, so it's a noticeable increase, but it doesn't totally overpower you.

We're still working on tweaking it of course. Expect a lot of good improvements. :3

Best answers
might i ask how the swoopng will work? so no longer double tap how do u activate it then?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I saw in force pit compared to this, I'd have to say that overall movement will be a bit more difficult unless there's a form on "dashing" that was brought up a while ago.

If that's the case, however, then this does make movement a bit more DBZish. In short, I like it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMFGCREEPINMAPANTSHELLAYAABOOSTINGFTWILUVIT!LMFAOIMCRAZYCUZOFTHISITSNOTHEALTHYATALLOMFGLEMMEDOANOTHERTHREADFORIT!

xD just jokin.

Yeh nice additional, looks more, dbzish, but to much of warming up would look unrealistic.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm afraid that teh swooping system will be a bad idea..
why you should change the old one.
which is pretty cool and also kinda hard for newbs.
I hope this won't be one of game disadvantages...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ar$enovicius said:
I'm afraid that teh swooping system will be a bad idea..
why you should change the old one.
which is pretty cool and also kinda hard for newbs.
I hope this won't be one of game disadvantages...
Why don't you say that after you've played v1.3? The new swooping system is awesome, and is still under dev.

Best answers
omg...charge swoop >.> prolly good for teh newbs -.-
but wth T_T or did i just missunderstand everything and u can still double tap >.>

Best answers
Whenever i see the news posted about 1.3 I get sad. ESF is going downhill all the time.

First off, you are removing the fast gameplay, which is the only thing that make players play this buggy thing.

You might be doing this to make it easier for newbs, but the truth is, you won't get many players to this game no matter what. As long as it is based on dragonball the majority will just laugh.

This game has it's fans, and they know that the game won't get good untill you learn how to play it. Please don't ruin our game even more.

Get away from all the fancy eyecandy etc.

The game needs fast and simple gameplay like it used to. This game is one of the few that requires skill, keep it that way. And now go and remove this thing, or you won't see any pro's playing when 1.3 comes out.

Thank you.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll tell you now, your arguement will now be considered void by most of the team scince you brought up the word "pro".

I like it, but i dont like it.... I cant say much more than that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Toxen said:
This game is one of the few that requires skill
you won't see any pro's playing when 1.3 comes out.
Requires no skill? lol. When it's pro vs pro, you need to rely on your skills. I'd rather have a game that takes skill. If you want a game that is simple, play Super Mario Brothers, that's a game that requires no skill but just jumping on top of things, fire plants giving you fireballs etc. It will require no skill though when you come across nothng but n00bs on pubs.

Very unfounded prediction you make as well. Are you yourself pro? Have you even had a chance to play 1.3 yet? Can you vouch and say that 1.3 is going to be crap?. Even more reason why your argument is pretty pointless and stupid.

'm sure that 1.3 will require skill, just not in the way you seem to argue and voice your points.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he said this is one of the games that requires skill overlord, jeez its in the quote o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Toxen said:
Whenever i see the news posted about 1.3 I get sad. ESF is going downhill all the time.

First off, you are removing the fast gameplay, which is the only thing that make players play this buggy thing.

You might be doing this to make it easier for newbs, but the truth is, you won't get many players to this game no matter what. As long as it is based on dragonball the majority will just laugh.

This game has it's fans, and they know that the game won't get good untill you learn how to play it. Please don't ruin our game even more.

Get away from all the fancy eyecandy etc.

The game needs fast and simple gameplay like it used to. This game is one of the few that requires skill, keep it that way. And now go and remove this thing, or you won't see any pro's playing when 1.3 comes out.

Thank you.
Lol.

You just have the answer to everything, don't you?

Drop the arrogant attitude, please.

You guys have no faith in the team whatsoever.

Being a Tester, I have first-hand experience at how things work behind the scenes, and I can tell you that we're working hard to make sure the game is fun and easy to play, but hard to master. We're doing our best to make sure it can be enjoyed by everyone, both people who want to become pros and people who just want to play for the hell of it.

You guys cringe and whine when we show you how swooping works. I'm starting to fear the time when we show you something more important, like melee. =/

Seriously, you guys can't ever be satisfied.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
he said this is one of the games that requires skill overlord, jeez its in the quote o_O
Ah, but his argument to begin with is all about skill. Accordingly, he already thinks 1.3 will require no skill. He already thinks the game may be simple when it's completed.

Best answers
lol thats cuz the game the team is fcking up teh game.. charge swoop gotta be one of the ***est things ive seen. Just gonna **** up the game and make it slow..tbh i dont care if your a beta tester your just a nub anyways so i dont care. Im all in with tox here most of the pros/skilled players i know think this **** is ***. Even if u become a pro in 1.3 it seems like your gonna be limited in reflexes due to the *** charge swoop.

Best answers
Ah for christ sake. If you were spending more time in the game instead of the forums you'd know how to play. As you are now you are nothing but a laugh in game. So please get some skills before you talk.

Most of those in the beta are those that we call noobs in game. But ofc. It's always like that. Developers who haven't taken the time to know their game to the fullest, will never be able to put useful stuff into it, and wil always add random things that small childs find "wooo coool stuff it flashes!!!".

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swoop wont be the main method of movement for combat.

Shiyojin, I understand you feel that we're being insulted, but if the community have concerns we should welcome their criticism rather than say "we know everything, its all under control" I'd rather we recieved criticism than "wows thats so awesome! I love you guys". What would make the relationship between the community and the team better is if we accepted what they had to say rather than ignoring them, and try to reassure them of whats going on.

This doesnt mean that I agree with you insulting us as developers Toxen/Yugi, but i know where you're comming from. The reason we cant trust pro's to be on the tester team is past experience has more than shown that pro's cant be trusted with the beta, what makes it worse is that pro's and the team seem to have a big difference of opinion of what will make the game better. I as well as a few other team members/testers, try to look from both sides, but nomatter what we choose to do with the game, its hard to reach dessicisions which everyone will like.

I assure you though, that this charging swoop doesnt really make the game that much slower, due to dash. I would go on with detail but im not allowed to disclosed unfinished information.

Best answers
ESF was already slowed down a lot when you went from 1.1 to 1.2. And my fears are that it will be more than that.

The reason pro's especially are concerned, is that if it wasnt for us, the game would be dead. It is still the fast gameplay that can give us a rush now and then that we love. If we lose that there won't be anything left for us in the game. And it will just end up with a random fun mod you play 2 hours at a week of LAN.

And that would be very very sad in my opinion.

I'm sorry to hear that the team has had bad experience with pros as testers. But also adding that pros have different opinions than the developers, wouldn't be a reason not to take them in. Rather have some players of all kinds of the community testing it, than just players who shout HURRAY, because there will finally be another element than beaming that they know how to use.

By saying pros i mean those players who are very skilled with melee, and which in my opinion, is the very core of esf. The fast melee and fast movement.

Another thing that makes me annoyed is: All those guard dogs you guys put on the forum. Whenever someone comes with criticism the guard dogs will be there right away to bite their head off and protect the team and the mod from anything bad. What kinda payment do they get for all the asskissing? And if the criticism is way too hard, the biggest guard dogs will ban you :)

Also will there be any chance of letting us know what "The main movement" for combat will be? That might make us less worried and concerned.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a few pro's on the team/testing team, but they arent the majority, which can be considered a good thing seeming as we get feedback from a a range of skilled of players.

This doesnt make the game any slower, if anything atm, the game is a lot faster than 1.2, maybe even 1.1

Best answers
It's just... Standing on the ground for what seems like 5 minutes just to make a swoop. Just how many times wouldn't you be hit while waiting?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because dashing, which is a wip, is the main movement, i agree though, having to wait so long for swoop is a little annoying. The team have decided that swooping shouldnt be the main form of attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom