ESF 1.2 too slow?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still maintain my argument that all of the debate about what is and isn't an exploit revolves solely around the fact that these kids can't play enjoyably without the assistance of the scripted stuff (which is what a mousewheel teleport is). I still don't understand why you people can't just press the button 3-5 times and do the same thing. By tapping the key, just like I always have, I can teleport multiple times without a problem. So much so in fact, that I didn't even notice a delay. I for one am pretty glad that the ability to rapidly teleport was canceled out; there was nothing stupider, in my estimation, than that retarded exploit.

To clarify, my definition of an "exploit" is the following: anything in the game a player can do that is clearly not a listed feature.

Por l'esempio, if a player reads the manual--which I'm sure only like five of us have--the explanation for teleporting is a lot more likely to say "Press [button] to teleport in the direction you are moving" and not "Press [button] to teleport in the direction you are moving. Also, you can bind teleport to mousewheel and instantly shoot across the map. If you do this into an enemy while holding right click you will land an easy attack with simple melee. NOTE: you may also double-tap swoop and hit the enemy a second time with simple melee while he is trying to recover from the first hit."

Either way it seems pretty obvious to me. In a game with such huge environments and attacks, the teleport seems to very clearly have been intended as a defensive tool--not an offensive one. Besides...if you guys hadn't been so busy using the mousewheel to teleport miles away from damaging explosions, you might have noticed that a good turbo jump and two teleports escapes just about every move in the game. And I know DAMN WELL you should be able to manage two consecutive teleports.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, the "teleport-binded to mousweheel thing" was quite educational. Back then, i was a 56ker. What does that have to do with anything? Well, i wasnt able to teleport more than once, and i had to think extremely quickly if i wanted to get away from someone while lagging.

When people began to teleport halfway across the map to hit me, i learned something very important. Dont be stupid; never stop moving. The mousewheel thing isnt as bad as everyone makes it sound. I never used it, and when people tried to use it on me i just teled up, down, or whichever direction was away from the opponent. If anything (as stated before) it can be considered a disadvantage. If you missed your target after teleing 4 or 5 times, you have little to no ki left. This leaves you open to attack, thus giving me an advantage.

As for the part about teleing be used as a defensive measure, im assuming you never watched dbz. Countless times the z warriors (and enemies) would teleport over and over right in front of the opponent and would proceed to hit them. Why? Because the enemy doesnt usually expect it. It all depends on what type of fighter you are: defensive or offensive. Im an offensive fighter (also in terms of language...). I use everything in my arsenal to win, teleport included.

So stop whining about the old teleport. If you couldnt dodge it or prevent it from happening in the first place, its your own fault. Dont give your enemy so much free time that he can perfectly align himself with you and tele up to your face.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Actually, the "teleport-binded to mousweheel thing" was quite educational. Back then, i was a 56ker. What does that have to do with anything? Well, i wasnt able to teleport more than once, and i had to think extremely quickly if i wanted to get away from someone while lagging.
I'm sorry that you were on a 56k, that doesn't make you any more right though. It's hard to make an online game that will run well for 56kers, not much that there can be done. Get a better connection if you can, if not, then I'm sorry to hear about it. If you have a 56k, don't expect to be able to play an online game well, 56k's aren't meant for that. They're meant for internet browsing (and they don't even do that well in the first place). Don't try to prove your point using something like your connection, the team has tried their best to make it lag-friendly, but you can't really do all that much.

When people began to teleport halfway across the map to hit me, i learned something very important. Dont be stupid; never stop moving. The mousewheel thing isnt as bad as everyone makes it sound. I never used it, and when people tried to use it on me i just teled up, down, or whichever direction was away from the opponent. If anything (as stated before) it can be considered a disadvantage. If you missed your target after teleing 4 or 5 times, you have little to no ki left. This leaves you open to attack, thus giving me an advantage.
I hope you're not talking about the mousewheel or script here. I don't care what you say, if someone Insta-teleported at you, you didn't react fast enough unless it as a fluke and you were already planning to teleport just at the moment they did it. Especially if you were on 56K, I don't beleive you at all. when someone does an insta-teleport, you have no time to react, it's almost instant. There is no way in hell you teleported up or down without even a second of reaction time and caught them off guard. Unless you're talking about regular teleporting which I doubt, becuase the issue at hand is the insta-tele script, no offense, but I think you're full of it.

So stop whining about the old teleport. If you couldnt dodge it or prevent it from happening in the first place, its your own fault. Dont give your enemy so much free time that he can perfectly align himself with you and tele up to your face.
No one is whining about the old teleport, we have no reason to. It's fixed, therefore we have no reason wo Whine about it. We're just justifying the delay, so actually, the only people whining, are the people that have a problem with the new teleports delay. Take your own advice.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) I said i was a 56ker. "Was" meaning not anymore. "Not anymore" meaning i now have cable.

2) If you cant tell when someone is getting ready teleport at you, then you really need to either learn to read patterns or just get glasses or something. If someone does something enough, you begin to realize (some more slowly than others) that the person is going to do it again. So if you see someone doing the exact same thing as before, you're probably gonna be able to counter it. And you were in fact able to see the first teleport (at least) when a person begins to scroll and teleport towards you. All you have to do is press one button.

3) There was no reason at all to add a delay to the teleport. No reason at all other than making it easier for people.

And im full of it because i was a 56ker? At my height in 1.1, i was able to cripple the majority of fighters, or at least be a challenge for other players (good players). So dont talk smack buddy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
1) I said i was a 56ker. "Was" meaning not anymore. "Not anymore" meaning i now have cable.
Then why did you even bring it up if you knew it wasn't an issue.

2) If you cant tell when someone is getting ready teleport at you, then you really need to either learn to read patterns or just get glasses or something. If someone does something enough, you begin to realize (some more slowly than others) that the person is going to do it again. So if you see someone doing the exact same thing as before, you're probably gonna be able to counter it. And you were in fact able to see the first teleport (at least) when a person begins to scroll and teleport towards you. All you have to do is press one button.
What are you miss cleo? No, I can't tell when somoene is going to teleport at me, unless they have a very repetetive style. I can tell you that anyone above average isn't really that repetetive. In 1.1 if you stood still for a few seconds for whatver reason, someone could pull it off. You had no time to react, if it happened, it happened. Furthermore, I don't have to even argue this with you, becuase being able to insta-teleport wasn't meant to be in the game. I don't understand how this FACT is evading people. It's not meant to be happening, so the team made sure it wouldn't happen anymore. End of story, you can't argue with that. It was an exploit, and now it's gone.

3) There was no reason at all to add a delay to the teleport. No reason at all other than making it easier for people.
Heh you apparently don't understand what an exploit is, do you? Either that or you just don't think it wass one, well guess what man, that's not for you to decide, it's the teams decision.

And im full of it because i was a 56ker? At my height in 1.1, i was able to cripple the majority of fighters, or at least be a challenge for other players (good players). So dont talk smack buddy.
You're full of it, becuase with your 56K connection, you wouldn't be able to react to an insta-teleport. I'm not talking smack, I'm telling you exactly what I feel. I'm not going to beleive you regardless of what you say. You don't have reactions that can compensate for something that takes a fraction of a second to happen while you have an even bigger disadvantage with the 56K connection.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I brought up the 56k connection, because i was able to dodge such dumb attacks. I brought my connection up, because if i was able to dodge them, anyone can.

Anyone who uses this insta-tele has a repetitive style. If you get hit after standing still for a few seconds, that is your own fault. No one elses. Btw, ms. cleo isnt psychic. She does what i do which is think 1 step before your opponent (her client) and reacts to what she believes her client is going to ask, as well as give generic information i.e. "I see a dead man with blondish brownish blackish hair. He is not super tall but not super short". Thats besides the point. When you have 56k your entire life, you learn to deal with it. 200 ping isnt all that bad once you get used to it.

Ill leave the "exploit" alone because it really isnt my place to deem what is and isnt one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it is somoene else fault if you get hit by the insta-teleport. The person that did it, of course, is at fault you silly goose. If it wasn't meant to happen in the game, then people shouldn't have to worry about it.

When you play basketball, is it your own fault if someone tackles you to the ground and starts punching you in the face until you give up the ball? No, becuase it's not supposed to happen in the first place. When you're boxing, and someone takes out a gat and shoots you in the chest, is it your own fault becuase you weren't ready for it? No, becuase it wasn't supposed to happen. Insta-teleporting is like breaking the rules of the game, you're not supposed to do it.

Take for instance in CS, if you're playing in a league, and someone plants the bomb in an area it's not supposed to be planted (usually becuase there's a glitch where the bomb makes no noise), you can get the other team disqualified. If you somehow prove that someone was using a weapon script (such as the Deagle AWP combo) then you can get him/her banned. Scripts and exploits are only taken lightly in ESF, becuase there aren't many people to enforce it in the servers, and there is no league that's up yet. You can't sit there and expect me to take you seriously when you say "it's your own fault", becuase it's not.

I agree that miss cleo isn't a pshycic, but she claims to be.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol. Im glad that we dont have to argue. Ill step down this time and just agree with everything you said, considering you took the time to type it all. But still......teleporting is something that is already in the sytem. Its not like taking a gat out during a boxing match, because the gat wasnt even in the boxing system to begin with. However, if someone dumped cement over their hands and began to box, the story changes a little lol.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
MysticUub said:
2.)wtf r u talking about?...i never said anything about my clan and 1.2...noone even plays 1.2 anymore because of how much it was butchered...theres no hypocrasy anywhere in that statement because i never mentioned 1.2 and my clan did i?..no.
wow r u really sure no1 plays 1.2 anymore? :S

Best answers
Well thank you Hybrid for recognizing the time I put into playing ESF! Now I get to post again! .. By reading all that.. I feal like I just read a god damn book of retards counter-posting the post that was the last one posted.. if you get that. Its kind of funny how people react to a game when they first play it, they find most games fun, unless they suck in every way. But if there is a way to have fun.. then they will play. Heres an example

In diablo 2, if you have played it, the Amazons had something called "pierce" and what that did was, if you used guided arrow, it would "pierce" through your armor, and come back and hit you again, for about 3 times. So, knowing that, people knew the bug, and played around with it, learning ways to get around it and such. The funny thing was, they fixed it 4 years after the game was made, and when they did this, about 300 THOUSAND people quit Battle.net.

You see people, once people are having fun, you can't just go in and **** up the game. Peopel will take your bugs and make use of them. ****, doing a 2 hit combo was a bug. and wow did people get delighted when they could do it also. I remember the first time I seen a 3 hit combo by an ape member, it looked so bad ass just like the T.V. show.

Now, Yes, before you all start constantly trying to counter what I'm typing here, look at it from our "the 1.1 players" veiw. You totally ****ed up the melee system. Ok? Shut up, just read. You can't just totally edit something unless its yours, and in this case, it was theirs and they tried to make it better and failed. Well, I was happy you know reading the beta 1.2 manual, like, if you don't like it, we have a CVAR for 1.1 melee. OK, so if this new system sucks, we can still play 1.1!!!!
NO IT DIDNT ****ING WORK LIKE THAT! I know you cant have two different types of swooping, atleast, i don't really know that, but.. besides the point, it wasn't really lying on their part, it was a mis-givin informational statement. I thought you could change through swooping also, but, no.

See, what kills me is, I played ESF for, or atleast tried to get in an hour a day, just so I could see peoples progress and mine and how well I compete. Well, 2 days after the patch came out, I've logged one once since then. Anyone see a mistake here? Yes I know its not my game and I can't do **** about it. Sad but true statement, but I would like my game back. Yeah, Tell me to go back and download 1.1 again, I already did. And also, yeah, I used tele-scripts. Was it my fault they released satan script on the ESF forums? NO. could tele-script hit's be blocked? YES!

Anyways people, I'm just here to ***** and complain, I hope you see why we are constantly argueing with you people that have nothing better to do then write a book on a forum topic. cya

Best answers
Dray is so damn right. It is mostly Mr.Satan's fault for the script pack because people didn't even think about scripting teleports until that pack came out. THANKS MR.SaTAN!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You cant really place all the blame on him. He didnt force anyone to use it. You dled the file, installed it, and used it. Thats all. I still no reason for the tele delay but w/e. My point is take responsibility for your actions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Draylock1 said:
Well thank you Hybrid for recognizing the time I put into playing ESF! Now I get to post again! .. By reading all that.. I feal like I just read a god damn book of retards counter-posting the post that was the last one posted.. if you get that. Its kind of funny how people react to a game when they first play it, they find most games fun, unless they suck in every way. But if there is a way to have fun.. then they will play. Heres an example
So you hate 1.2 becuase you suck in every way? Just so you know, the sole purpose of a forum is for people that have something in common (the theme or what the forum is focused on) to communicate with eachother. So obviously when you go read the forum, you're going to see people posting and "counter-posting" as you so intelligently put it. I call it a discussion, or an argument.

In diablo 2, if you have played it, the Amazons had something called "pierce" and what that did was, if you used guided arrow, it would "pierce" through your armor, and come back and hit you again, for about 3 times. So, knowing that, people knew the bug, and played around with it, learning ways to get around it and such. The funny thing was, they fixed it 4 years after the game was made, and when they did this, about 300 THOUSAND people quit Battle.net.

You see people, once people are having fun, you can't just go in and **** up the game. Peopel will take your bugs and make use of them. ****, doing a 2 hit combo was a bug. and wow did people get delighted when they could do it also. I remember the first time I seen a 3 hit combo by an ape member, it looked so bad ass just like the T.V. show.
You're absolutley right, sometimes exploits can become a plus, and sometimes they can ruin the game. Now, the multi-hit combo's that weren't meant to be in the game did make it more fun, I'm not going to lie to you, but the rest of the exploits took away from the gaming experience. The team already said that they were going to increase the distance of the simple melee to make it harder to get two hits, who knows, maybe they'll tweak it enough to allow more than 2. The game isn't done yet, keep that in mind, the team takes all of your complaints into mind and they make the game better from them. I myself prefer the way 1.2 is played over 1.1, even without the multi-hit combo's.

Now, Yes, before you all start constantly trying to counter what I'm typing here, look at it from our "the 1.1 players" veiw. You totally ****ed up the melee system. Ok? Shut up, just read. You can't just totally edit something unless its yours, and in this case, it was theirs and they tried to make it better and failed. Well, I was happy you know reading the beta 1.2 manual, like, if you don't like it, we have a CVAR for 1.1 melee. OK, so if this new system sucks, we can still play 1.1!!!!
NO IT DIDNT ****ING WORK LIKE THAT! I know you cant have two different types of swooping, atleast, i don't really know that, but.. besides the point, it wasn't really lying on their part, it was a mis-givin informational statement. I thought you could change through swooping also, but, no.
Failed? The majority of the community likes 1.2 more than 1.1, how is that a failure? It's your opinion though and as dumb as it might sound, I'll respect it. You're problem with the 1.1 Cvar is that multi-directional swooping is around? What's so bad about that, afraid of someone who can use mobility to it's full potential? I can't even see a logical reason for someone not wanting multi-directional swooping, unless they just suck at it.

See, what kills me is, I played ESF for, or atleast tried to get in an hour a day, just so I could see peoples progress and mine and how well I compete. Well, 2 days after the patch came out, I've logged one once since then. Anyone see a mistake here? Yes I know its not my game and I can't do **** about it. Sad but true statement, but I would like my game back. Yeah, Tell me to go back and download 1.1 again, I already did. And also, yeah, I used tele-scripts. Was it my fault they released satan script on the ESF forums? NO. could tele-script hit's be blocked? YES!
Oh well, you don't like it? Then wait for it to progress more, or quit it, those are your two options. Don't try blaming Satan for using teleport scripts, take some damn responsibility and blame yourself. It's like killing someone with a gun and trying to blame the store you bought it from. It's your own damn fault you pulled the trigger.

Anyways people, I'm just here to ***** and complain, I hope you see why we are constantly argueing with you people that have nothing better to do then write a book on a forum topic. cya
Wow... ironically this is a pretty long post you have here too. Maybe you're one of those people that have nothing better to do than write a book on a forum topic. Or maybe you're someone that has nothing better to do than whine about something over and over again. Completely disregarding anyone that tells you the game isn't done, or the fact that more people like it than dislike it.

Best answers
So you hate 1.2 becuase you suck in every way?
Please phatslugga you really have nothing better to do then reply to everything I say. Tell me I suck at 1.2, yeah, I suck at it, because its not worth my time playing anymore. If its so fun, why don't you go play it and stop argueing with us. Let the team post their comments and let us talk to them, because your not going to be the one making the changes, thank god. you can go have hot peanutbutter sex with your dog.

oh yeah, I'm scared of the multi-direction swooping in 1.2 now... even know its no different from looking that direction and clicking you ass, yeah, you can see when your swooping right. but your also aiming right, which in that direction you cant swoop. Hey, go do circle around the arena pillars in cell_day with your ****ing arrow key pad and use the keys only, I'll use my mouse kthx.

Oh well, you don't like it? Then wait for it to progress more, or quit it, those are your two options.
Option 3, **** you. I'll express my freedom of speech and not piss of the mods like other dumbasses, yeah, I use excessive language, but uh, last time I checked, you can't go outside without hearing any four letter cursing word. Excuse my french. The game not being done is no excuse for it to suck, they made it suck, it was great uncompleted OBVIOUSLY before 1.2.

Don't try criticizing me on my opinions when yours can be better made by a 5 year old

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
STFU both of you, don't direct any more replies at each other, it isn't getting either of you anywhere. No more ****ty remarks, just work on each others' comments, not each other, because this has gone on for too many weeks. I'll just start warning people for littler and littler stuff as this keeps going on until people figure it out.

You have the right to your opinion so long as it is constructive, and you don't have the right to say "**** you" and "your opinions can be better made by a 5 year old" without eventually getting your ass handed to you.

Bowazons are fun to play, not fun to play against, because of that ****, so those people who left battle net left because they couldn't figure out how to have fun with a more balanced game, they needed an advantage over everybody else to feel special, so you should be happy they left. It isn't a sign that Bnet did something wrong, it just means people couldn't play without having some advantage aside from experience over other people.

Tele delay might get reduced in time but it will never go away from this point on I don't believe because it doesn't need to. You can still script fairly cheaply in 1.2 even with the .15 second delay but at least the person on the recieving end has a chance against it (assuming his ping is under 120 or so and he sees it).

No more bringing up the tele delay, period, it's been responded to over and over.

Best answers
Pfft Sonic I wasn't talking about the bull**** tele-delay anyways I was talking about the whole system in general, and, the D2 patch sucked just as bad. OMFG 1.1 is comming out and all the hacks will be gone!J@!!!111!!!1!!

Instead, no hacks or bugged items were gone, and the gameplay was ruined. Coprende'?

You can't have fun with a game that has been totally ruined, your not seeing the point here. Give me a warning, I'll tell the truth and speak for everyone else for what they would say but can't because their afraid to not be able to browse the forums anymore. I'm just talking about how bad the system sucks now, no one cares because their not going to go back and re-do it again, so.. It doesn't really matter. I would like you to know why people think it sucks. And other instances of other games and how they have been ruined, with bull****. Diablo 2, ultima online, ESF, great games, ruined by patches.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic, I apologize for some of the comments I made towards Dray, but replying to comments directly is just how I argue, I'll try my best not to direct everything at dray and not to flame him.

Draylock1 said:
Pfft Sonic I wasn't talking about the bull**** tele-delay anyways I was talking about the whole system in general, and, the D2 patch sucked just as bad. OMFG 1.1 is comming out and all the hacks will be gone!J@!!!111!!!1!!

Instead, no hacks or bugged items were gone, and the gameplay was ruined. Coprende'?
Maybe in that situation, that's what happened, but clearly the same didn't happen to ESF. All of the bugs and hacks are either gone or useless, and the majority of the fanbase thinks it's better than 1.1.

You can't have fun with a game that has been totally ruined, your not seeing the point here. Give me a warning, I'll tell the truth and speak for everyone else for what they would say but can't because their afraid to not be able to browse the forums anymore. I'm just talking about how bad the system sucks now, no one cares because their not going to go back and re-do it again, so.. It doesn't really matter. I would like you to know why people think it sucks. And other instances of other games and how they have been ruined, with bull****. Diablo 2, ultima online, ESF, great games, ruined by patches.
Well, I'm sorry that's how you feel, the majority doesn't feel the same way you do. You already said that you re-loaded 1.1, just keep playing that until the game undergoes some other changes. I'm sure the team keeps everyone's voice in mind when they change the game around. It would help if you voiced yourself in a more professional manner, but they can hear you.

I never said that I was the one making the changes, actually, I've been saying in a lot of my posts that it's the teams final decision. Obviously the fan base helps out with the decision, but ultimately if the team wants to change something they will.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What a bunch of bull****, man.

All I have to add is, if there's a problem with some aspect of the game, fine. These guys make it seem like they made [insert name of other reall bad HL mod themed off of DBZ here] out of 1.1 and called it 1.2. It's really very simple--the system of simple melee is even easier to dominate with thanks to that two-hit crap...the game is a little slower but it's hardly even noticable once you're out there fighting and when your transformed it's not even different at all (as far as I can tell). The point is you have options to play it the old way, but the old way needed improvement just as much as the game in general needed new techniques and options for melee combat.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dray if you'd prefer Alpha 2.0 I'm sure you can still download it somewhere. Obviously patches haven't improved on anything in your eyes.

Best answers
Uhh I didn't play Alpha too much, I played 1.0 and 1.1 almost everyday, and yes, things did improve, until they plummeted. I went back and tried 1.2 today, yeah, its good, some of the things they added, but.. I can't seem to hit the point of where it sucks but it really does for some reason. And for those people who hate it and "don't know how to play it" I'm still trying to figure out why it sucks. I'll play for like.. 2 more days, and have the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom