ESF 1.2 too slow?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a matter of taste man, it's a different feel than 1.1 was. That feel will change in the patch, and in the next patch, and in 1.3, and so on, and so forth, forever and ever until the game dies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even with the BS--which I've now gotten to the point of being able to counter pretty decisively--I still think 1.2 is much better than 1.1.

The only thing that bugs me about advanced melee is that sometimes the arrows go by normal speed but the animations play really fast--I like it best like that but it seems to only happen when me and the other dude are hitting the keys pretty quickly. Otherwise I saw no speed problems whatsoever.

Gameplay problems were another thing entirely. There was a guy in there named SaiST. He wasn't phenomenal but he was clearly much better than most of the server. Then there was a guy who was named Mr. Bean. He was in first, SaiST was in second. I didn't see Bean for the whole fight...and almost every single time I died, it was from Mr. Bean's kamehameha spam. The killspam always had my name and one or two others in it. As a result of this, though I was doing fairly well, I left the server with a mere 5 kills after 30 minutes...because every time I was about to kill someone, he'd kill us both. I even went looking for him, but didn't find him; must've been in the ****ing tree.

The kid probably didn't move for the whole match, and he was in first by more than 50% of the best player in the server's score. That's just frigging ridiculous.

I still think the double hitting is ****tarded, but at least (like people say) you can sort of deal with it. My main aggravation now, I think, is beam spam.

I already posted an idea to fix this, two of them actually, in suggestions (not that anybody's interested, but still).

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I still think the double hitting is ****tarded, but at least (like people say) you can sort of deal with it. My main aggravation now, I think, is beam spam.
Aww dude take the double smackn then nething that we had that looked anything like 1.1 will be gone =\. As for the speed, I really cant wait for that 1.2.1 patch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think your gonna be disappointed when it only speeds up advanced melee--the thing that everyone says they don't use--and not swooping or flying speed. At least I don't think they said anything about that.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Closed by request of thread starter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom