ESF 1.2 Anniversary thread

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if i remember correctly , the 1.2.X series was released on may the 12th of last year (i know it's a little early to celebrate , but i felt like celebrating the day/month that esf changed 4ever) so , tell us your stories of discovery in 1.2.X and so on

also at the same time , i would like to get a mix od ides ffom combining stuff from 1.1 and 1.2 together , somewhere i remeber some1 sayying have that fly stop thingy b4 u hit the ground or something in some other forgotten thread , think along those lines , also post your ides for 1.3 (or a thread link for your ideas and such) in this thread if you want

Let's celebrate , Grab a beer my friend :yes: ;)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
may 8th

Best answers
I discoverd esf when i was trying to find that quake mod bid for power but the heavens opend upon my head and i found esf i was truly blessed apon that day...:)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i first took attention to esf in a net cafe ages back in the days of alpha 2.0 , then that net cafe shut down , and i was sad to see that happen , but faith at heart , i found a new net cafe and got stuck into 1.0/1.1 , heck , it was like a 24/7 esf lan party down there , thou today i find it rare to see god esf players around my area (i might be the only one in my area for all i know , unless that hobomaster is good , as he said somewhere that he lives near where i live)

Best answers
i found esf when i was looking for some esf movies then suddenly i saw esforce.com
and i toght wtf is this?? and i cheked and Wooow coooool and installed it right away and played the **** out of my computer, and shared it the same day with my friends and played like crazy.
and in every lan party i go we always play esf because of me :cool:

Best answers
i found it by clicking on the 3rd party games in the steam thingy i dun know exactly wat its called

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erm.. yay?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Erm.. yay?
Sub, you know better than this. I'm not going to warn you, but please don't do it again.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow is it realy 1 year since 1.2 came out O.O

WEll then to more of those years ^^

Best answers
I found it when i was looking for an update of Bid For Power. i was looking for the update so that you could control the beams that you shoot instead of just shooting straid ahead :p

Than i saw a page with some text and it had some screenshots of ESF in it.. those shots where of alpha 2.0 and i tought it sucked like hell :p and i didn`t looked at it anymore till a few months after that... there was an update again but this time with esf BETA 1.0 and that was my time to enter here. not much later i found redsaiyan :) and the rest is a known story

Best answers
I had come home one day and it was on the computer. My bro and his friend downloaded it that day. From that day on I played non-stop and became quite good at it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiST said:
I had come home one day and it was on the computer. My bro and his friend downloaded it that day. From that day on I played non-stop and became quite good at it.
Please post about how you found ESF in the "how did you find ESF?" thread, not this one.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
smith has a point , this thread does seem to be more about how ppl found 1.2.x to be like , but never the less , happy bday 1.2 (great , now i wish an installer happy birthday , wtf is wrong with me?)

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Pfft... dont celebrate 1.2, it wasnt that big of a deal. Now 1.0 was something to celebrate...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
suicidal_maniac said:
Pfft... dont celebrate 1.2, it wasnt that big of a deal. Now 1.0 was something to celebrate...
compare 1.0series gameplay to 1.2 and you got your answer , though you do have to admit we miss 1.0/1.1 , it's just the fact that the game was a hell of a lot more stable , the gameplay was squared off a little so that n00bs didn't getting owned instantly. it changed the way of play forever , and it will be nice to see what 1.3 does to our favourite little game of ownage & sending people flyying to the next dimension in the most painful ways that possibly any1 could think of ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)