Enter the Matrix Style melee blocking

Best answers
for those of u that dont know how the enter the matrix melee blocking works is . u hold down the block button and ur character is still standing in the normal fighting stance but if a hit goes ur way ur character attempts to block the attack.
i was thinking that esf should have a melee block button and a beam block button ( like the block we got now ) . it would look heaps more dbz like if u block attacks the way they block in enter the matrix. could make faster paced melee fighting . would be heaps better than the blocking we got now. Yes in the tv show they did use the block stance that there is in now in esf accouple of times but it was only to stop like full blooded punches .

Best answers
alhough it sounds good i have a few things to say/***** about it:

1) That would take some major Coding
2) It works fine as it is
3) Enter the matrix dosnt use the HL engine

Best answers
yea but immagine in 1.2 with the advanced melee system out . u look at a fight and some1 is laying combos into some1 and the defending guy is just sitting there in a defencive possition ( the blocking stance we got now ) and not doing nething . would look kind of dull compared to if he was acually blocking the attacks or doing soemthing at least.

and so what if enter the matrix doesnt use half life .. im sure it could be done in half life.

Best answers
Since melee is completely redone (including PS/BS), I think we should not talk about things we don't know about...

Best answers
picollo its a suggestion .im not talking about something i dont know but im saying what i think the melee blockign should be like. suggestions are how games improve. and when they are saying block stugle im preaty sure they mean blocking an energy attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, but you referred to the 1.2 melee system and how there would be combo's while people were just sitting in the block position. Which is something we dont know about yet.

Best answers
yeah they might be adding this sort of thing into the new melee already and we haven't been told yet. its a good idea, it would look sweet as. like instead of a character standing there with their arms up getting pummeled they would swing their arms and deflect the hit instead.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now may i ask

WTF WHY WOULD U NEED A SECOND BUTTION @_@?? :shocked:;/:scared:o_O

2 blocks??? do u have any idea how annoying that would be

and as ive said

have u played 1.2??

have u tryed advanced melee??

no?

then dont say how to make it better if u dont know anything about it :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom