Earth's Special Forces Tournament (ESFL)

ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well the first matches have been played.

Australia Pool A
Jrich - Slimekat 0-10

Australia Pool B
Rickman112 - Vyera 10-4

Europe Pool A
Grega - Wolf 10-0 (no show up by Wolf)
Sailent - Grega 10-2

USA/Canada Pool A
Growler - Lovetheladies 0-10 (no show up by Growler)
Kansassammy - Hellion_blade 6 - 10

USA/Canada Pool C
MCVries - ~#Reven#~ 0-10 (no show up by MCVries)

USA/Canada Pool D
Sub - Centauren 10-1

Stalwart Assassin
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Not that I would have beaten Revan anyway, but the times of matches need to be better organized. There was no time listed for my match (despite the rules stating that the admins decide it), and no time was told to me. Only the day was stated. Nobody attempted to reach me regarding a time or my availability. I understand it must be difficult to organize all of this, but how can we be expected to show up when no time is set? o_o

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with McVries. At the very least there should be some way to reschedule a match if one of the players fails to show up rather than a complete disqualification.

The Prodigy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
So what if one person shows up in the morning, then leaves, then the other person shows up at lunch? The earlier person gets the win? Or whoever just coincidently is on at the same time that trex or sting is on gets the win?

ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Grega send a pm to Wolf for the match.
Is what they call responcebility.
We didnt plan a time because that could be to accurate.
If someone can not play he should let us know when.
The evening hour are most common hours since the rest of the day people working and go to school.
If Trex didnt come to you my question is if you know you have a match why not contact him instead??
We give people space by not giving up a time so you can arrange your own time.
I hope this is more clear now.

Badassologist Ph/D
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Why not just make it go on at noon for the match. Noon in the US if its US players or noon in EU if its EU players. If either player has a problem with this time they can just speak up. Players should be expected to arrive to the server half an hour before the match goes on as well just to let everyone get settled in and help the admin's get the other players watching to calm down.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not just make it go on at noon for the match. Noon in the US if its US players or noon in EU if its EU players. If either player has a problem with this time they can just speak up. Players should be expected to arrive to the server half an hour before the match goes on as well just to let everyone get settled in and help the admin's get the other players watching to calm down.
Wouldn't work for many because of school / work. I wouldn't be able to do a noon match.

Badassologist Ph/D
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Grega send a pm to Wolf for the match.
Is what they call responcebility.
We didnt plan a time because that could be to accurate.
If someone can not play he should let us know when.
The evening hour are most common hours since the rest of the day people working and go to school.
If Trex didnt come to you my question is if you know you have a match why not contact him instead??
We give people space by not giving up a time so you can arrange your own time.
I hope this is more clear now.
you can give people room to make their own way but in the end people will always take a mile if you give them an inch. You should treat all players like babies in the repsect that you should keep everything organized on your end and don't expect the players to do it themselves. People may forget or just not even be interested enough to make the effort to set a time for the match. Send an E-mail and request that they confirm a time that you give them to arrive for their match. They can either accept the time you give them or ask for a different time. If they don't reply by the time the match is supposed to start then obviously they should be disqualified. Not to say that they can not request an appeal. Lol listen to me go on. I guess do it however you like but the tighter you keep them on the rope the easier it is to control everything.

ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well Hellion the thing is people that comes here are all arround 16+ right?
I think they should have at least a little responcebility.
So we dont have to act like babies towards them.
They sign up for a reason.

Think about it if we set times people say that they cant play because of school or perhaps work.
Then we have to set a new time maybe a new day as well.
Trex and Shadi are the admins/refs and they should at least contact them if they are not sure.
Also that didnt happen. We arent here for baby sitting if they dont have any responcebility for them self they shouldnt be here.
But thats my opinion.

We will see how it will go on.
When the next round will start we can alway arrange something there.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
You should baby the tournament. It's your responsibility (Yea, that's how you spell that word.) to make sure the tournament goes swimmingly. You don't need to arrange the times, you should arrange a play by date, as in the match should be played by x date. Forcing forfeits, is necessary but having this many is a little ridiculous. Arrange for the players to exchange a time they can play and have them stick to that, if that's what you're doing then there's nothing more you can do.

If you're going to make a tournament, take care of it.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Today we had a fight. Sting was offline, Shadi played "Dota 2" and didn't answer anything to me. So we decided to go the tournament match:
phoenix vs poviking, 10-0

sg2

Best answers
too bad there isn't equal ping all around the world... I mean, I got 1 frag at Ren with 200 ping. imagine 2 ping... muhahahahahaha...

like, 3 frags.

2D god
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
If you got 1frag vs Ren with 200ping and he's as good as everyone says, he even let you have that 1 frag :p Should've been 10-0

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the first matches have been played.

Australia Pool A
Jrich - Slimekat 0-10

Australia Pool B
Rickman112 - Vyera 10-4

Europe Pool A
Grega - Wolf 10-0 (no show up by Wolf)
Sailent - Grega 10-2

USA/Canada Pool A
Growler - Lovetheladies 0-10 (no show up by Growler)
Kansassammy - Hellion_blade 6 - 10

USA/Canada Pool C
MCVries - ~#Reven#~ 0-10 (no show up by MCVries)

USA/Canada Pool D
Sub - Centauren 10-1
Can we rematch that? lol I didn't even know it was my turn.

The Prodigy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
too bad there isn't equal ping all around the world... I mean, I got 1 frag at Ren with 200 ping. imagine 2 ping... muhahahahahaha...

like, 3 frags.
I gave you a 1 frag headstart just cause I like you so much :heart:

Stalwart Assassin
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Due to Hurricane Sandy wiping out my power, I haven't been able to play and life/work has gotten. Regrettably, I will have to bow out. Good luck and have fun all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom