Earth Special Forces

Best answers
I have watched all dragonball, dragonballz, dragonball-gt epesoides. In addition, I have played all the dragonballz games going back to the super nintendo games, and to as recent as Dragonballz:sagas, budokai 1-3,etc,etc............... Im telling you right now, that all these games are poor, and are created by companies that have no idea about what Dragonballz series is really about. The exception is ESF. I have been playing this game for 3 months, and I have to say that I feel like the actual character in the tv show. It is created by experts that acutally know what Dragonballz is really about. Im telling you right now that no dragonballz game is as good as this game.

Team, I want you to know that you should be greatly proud of yourself because this game is just simply phenomenal.

I want this game to continue on forever and ever. To ensure that, I think you do the following:

- Instead of keeping at as a free MOD, sell it worldwide around stores, online, etc, etc. Im telling you right now that Dragonballz is so fu*n popular, and this game has great potential. If you sell it, you will become rich, and will have the ability to improve this game to the next level. I personally think that if you are not making money out of this game, you are slowly losing because you are working on an excellent project, but you are not getting rewarded for it. Sure there are awards for best MOD, and stuff, but wouldn’t it be better that you get money in return for your hard efforts? If you look at the Budokai games, you can clearly see that it has sold millions of copies because of its popularity, and this will too, if you sell it, rather than keep it free.

- Secondly, I also believe that this game will become more popular as well. If you play this game online, you will see that there is only about 10-15 servers. Why? Because this game is not advertised, is not found in any stores, etc,etc. Counter-Strike however has thousands and thousands of servers because not only is it good, but because it IS in STORES, and has MANY MANY SITES.

Team, keep up the good work, and I cant wait for ESF 1.3.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I don't think the team is allowed to sell this game. They do not have an official license to create DBZ games. That is already taken by a company. To profit from DBZ characters and concepts in a game without buying a license would not bode well for ESF.

Though I do agree that such publicity would help the game out, it just isn't possible to sell ESF, as far as I know.

Best answers
I know but there is no way this MOD can continue like this, with these great developers not getting paid!! They will soon give up, because of the fact that they need to survive their own world by working, and continuing on in life! If these people were paid, then this project would continue but I dont see how these people can continue on like this... i mean common, who can work on a regular basis, and work on this game... its just impossible ....

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Future_SSJGohan said:
mean common, who can work on a regular basis, and work on this game... its just impossible ....
They somehow find the time to deal with their everyday lives and continue work on this mod for the community, so its not impossible. Though the whole project has been going on for years, they wont give up anytime soon, not until it is finished.

Best answers
the last ppl who tried selling a dbz mod(bid for power) got shot down by funimation

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I don't think ESF would want to get raped by lawsuits if they tried to profit off of this.

Best answers
to sell ESF commercially would be death at the hands of funimation unless u buy a licence

.... which i doubt will really do anything good for ESF, as then the developers would rush through releases in order to earn the money needed for the licence...

which would lead to the community shrinking until barely anyone plays = no more ESF for us

Best answers
ok heres a question... lets say we get ESF ummm 1.5, and soon later the team quits... does that mean ESF it self is all shut down, and that we cant play teh game? or is it still possible for us to still enjoy the great game, just no other versions anymore like 1.6 etc

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No we can still play it, it just there will be no more updates.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if esf was a commercialy avalible retail game then alot of buyers would demand alot more and such. on another note i just filed a report to the police about people tryying to profit off the mod around here. I am thinknig atm of ways to get more players attracted to esf

Best answers
Future_SSJGohan said:
ok heres a question... lets say we get ESF ummm 1.5, and soon later the team quits... does that mean ESF it self is all shut down, and that we cant play teh game? or is it still possible for us to still enjoy the great game, just no other versions anymore like 1.6 etc
1.5? I was under the impression 1.3 was the last installment. And yeah, it's possible, as long as people still host servers for it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They can only make profit of this game if it was allowed by FUNimation, and by the time it does get released and goes gold (which would take till like...1.5 if it will ever come, since all transforms must be in, no bugs etc etc) dbz wont be very populair anymore =\ they wouldnt make much profit, everyone who posts on these forums might buy it, but not much other people...soo lets say like...25.000 people buy it, the game will be 35 bucks (i dont think this game will become as expensive as budokai) then i think 20 bucks will go to FUNimation, 15 bucks to the ESF team

15x25.000 = 375.000 dollars, which needs to be divided between...how many team members?

well ok, its not like...you dont get anything, but this is just a rough estimate, i dont even think 25000 people will buy the game, and if the team gets 15 bucks per sold game...well i dont even think that will happen

clen said:
the last ppl who tried selling a dbz mod(bid for power) got shot down by funimation
They never tried, they just told everyone that they had a letter from FUNimation to quit, while no other dbz mod has had one, they just didnt want to continue

RandyHobo said:
on another note i just filed a report to the police about people tryying to profit off the mod around here.
people are not trying to make profit of a mod, they are suggesting to ask for a license to sell it...

RandyHobo said:
I am thinknig atm of ways to get more players attracted to esf
You would need a massive campaign to make people interrested in dbz again, and offcourse make them download this game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As well as moving their asses to buy HL

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
even if we had a license for dbz, we couldnt sell it since its still a HL mod and you're not allowed to commercial distribute mods.
unless we had a license for hl aswell
that will never happen anyways...

Best answers
Sicron said:
They can only make profit of this game if it was allowed by FUNimation, and by the time it does get released and goes gold (which would take till like...1.5 if it will ever come, since all transforms must be in, no bugs etc etc) dbz wont be very populair anymore =\ they wouldnt make much profit, everyone who posts on these forums might buy it, but not much other people...soo lets say like...25.000 people buy it, the game will be 35 bucks (i dont think this game will become as expensive as budokai) then i think 20 bucks will go to FUNimation, 15 bucks to the ESF team

15x25.000 = 375.000 dollars, which needs to be divided between...how many team members?

well ok, its not like...you dont get anything, but this is just a rough estimate, i dont even think 25000 people will buy the game, and if the team gets 15 bucks per sold game...well i dont even think that will happen

They never tried, they just told everyone that they had a letter from FUNimation to quit, while no other dbz mod has had one, they just didnt want to continue

people are not trying to make profit of a mod, they are suggesting to ask for a license to sell it...

You would need a massive campaign to make people interrested in dbz again, and offcourse make them download this game
well expressed points.

Yes esf is a very good *free* mod, but the esf team has to fight the same battle as other mod developers, which is balancing esf and life.

to topic poster: yes you might have your own opition on the team recieveing money for esf, and frankly i think they deserve it too for their work and dedication, but when people go into mod developing, they know that they arn't going to profit off it. If DBZ wasen't owned by funimation(fantisizing) then yes a publisher like Activision could come up and off to sell esf like they did DOD

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what is the license agreement...25% of every sale?

well i think it is a good idea that they get a license and sell it but the only problem is that they may be forced to hand the game over to a professional company and they would end up ruining the game in someway

Best answers
You're right, this kind of DBZ game has never been made... And ESF is getting better all the time, so here's DBZ game that will stay as best DBZ games ever for a long time. u can't upgrade console DBZ games can't u ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes you can by bringing the game out with an 2 in the name :]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
even if we had a license for dbz, we couldnt sell it since its still a HL mod and you're not allowed to commercial distribute mods.
unless we had a license for hl aswell
that will never happen anyways...
didnt counter strike do this? and later get support from valve? or did they first get support from valve?

i do know that Tactical Ops first got support from the unreal tournament makers before they went gold

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they do not use licensed content, and had to change their gun names remember? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom