Earth Special Forces

jp

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
[SAS]Orion said:
they do not use licensed content, and had to change their gun names remember? :)

That means if esf would go the same way it would be "Hoka" instead of "Goku" and "Debita" instead of "Vegeta" and they would have to change every character in apearance to.

Screw that, I love esf, and DBZ, changing it would be like turning Naruto into a dutch series.

itr

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
I don't think ESF would make enough money to pay off FUNimation for the rights to use the DBZ characters, since they are greedy......

Best answers
ESF is a great MOD. As a GAME, on it's own, however, it wouldn't stand very tall. Everything you play is built off of Half-Life, is built to be an addition to Half-Life. It still looks like Half-Life, in a lot of ways. They'd have to do a hell of a lot to ESF to make it a Standalone game, a lot of which would involve undoing past work. I can't conceivably see this happening. ESF is a mod, and it'll always be a mod.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you really want to have to buy ESF? Thats like asking for higher gas prices or more air in your bag of chips.

If ESF came with a pricetag the community would disintigrate. New players would think twice about trying it and many of the vets wouldnt pay for something that has been free for years. Im not saying ESF is worthless or anything derogatory like that, but ESF isnt the be all end all of computer games.

Best answers
at it's current state no it would not make it as retail, it would need to make a friendler envierment for new people, as right now noone in a game is willing to help them besides ban them with a messge to read the fking manuel. The manuel has to become requried to read before going online, maybe a short survey on contents in the manuel.

there needs to be some offical "noobie servers" where noobs can go and learn the dynamics of the game, because they are mixing with experinced people way to much, then quiting, because a fair amount of expeinced people in esf these days are snobbish to noobs.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The noobs usually vocalize their frustration by cursing at the more experienced people, so it comes as no suprise that they act snobbish.

Im a what!? You must like getting beaten. Have some more!

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
there needs to be some offical "noobie servers" where noobs can go and learn the dynamics of the game, because they are mixing with experinced people way to much, then quiting, because a fair amount of expeinced people in esf these days are snobbish to noobs.
how about #esf-help on IRC server irc.gamesurge.net

and about the "noobs" i once met a guy who was asking stupid stuff the more i told him what to do the more he asked the same question over and over -_-

then he said that whoever can beat him is a total geek he left 10 minutes later witn 0 kills cause evryone in the server kicked his ass and the pros werbt even in at that time.

another example is that someone asks something and when he gets the anwser he actualy bothers to do what he is told

so it isnt only that people dont help its also the atitude id say 50:50 help:atitude

anyhow you have lots of tuts on esf-world and you have a 24/7 irc chanal for helping people + you have the help section on theese forums

Best answers
i hardly ever meet a noob who dosent ask the right way about learning this games mechanics(ie being mean about it and cursing). they get FRUSTERATED WHEN U GUYS IGNORE THEM WHEN THEY ASK QUESTIONS AND CONTINUE TO TARGET THEM FOR POWER LVL SO YOU CAN BEAT OTHER GOOD PEOPLE ON THE SERVER.

Altogather, we arn't a very friendly commutity, yes some of you elites try to help, but most of you just ignore there questions for help and beat on them, which would frusterate anyone. That is why esf used to have well over 200 players, and now sometimes barly reaches over 100.

Encourege new players to play this game, dont make them go back to cs.

EDIT: yes i try to help newbs as much as possible, but other guys consintly hit him and me, frusterating both of us when i am trying to show him how to do something.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
But theyll be happier playing cs...

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
frsrblch said:
But theyll be happier playing cs...
thats exactly the wrong attitude...
we want them to play esf not other stupid mods.

Best answers
Scruffie said:
1.5? I was under the impression 1.3 was the last installment. And yeah, it's possible, as long as people still host servers for it.
Actaully (no one ever listens to this) they have plans all the way to 1.8 of esf o_O

Barney's Soul said:
IMO there should be a training map that tells you how to do the basics, and advanced meele...

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I usually help the person, But you gotta see it from their persective.

Why should a full explanation be given to every new person that asks a question" Especially when manuals and tutorials have been made for such occasions.

If they have no idea waht to do, I doubt going into a public server is a smart idea. They expect everybody just to stop playingtheir best, just becasue they are new.

When I first started, before i even got half life, i was looking on what someone can do in the game. Someone was nice enoguh to tell me i could wall jump and how to transform, but I was also aware that the world did not revolve around me and that I would have to try out my own stuff in a private server.

If more new people are going to play esf, they should atleast get the basics down before plunging in...

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
JoeJustJoe2 said:
Actaully (no one ever listens to this) they have plans all the way to 1.8 of esf o_O

IMO there should be a training map that tells you how to do the basics, and advanced meele...
PcJoe said a couple of times that he wouldn't mind quiting after 1.3. If that happens, I don't think ESF will live. I can't see ESF going on after 1.3 anyway, what else is left to be done? If it does go on, i'll be very surprised.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Well I usually help the person, But you gotta see it from their persective.

Why should a full explanation be given to every new person that asks a question" Especially when manuals and tutorials have been made for such occasions.

If they have no idea waht to do, I doubt going into a public server is a smart idea. They expect everybody just to stop playingtheir best, just becasue they are new.

When I first started, before i even got half life, i was looking on what someone can do in the game. Someone was nice enoguh to tell me i could wall jump and how to transform, but I was also aware that the world did not revolve around me and that I would have to try out my own stuff in a private server.

If more new people are going to play esf, they should atleast get the basics down before plunging in...
As i said it depends on them if they want to know stuff they will listen if not thenthey will just anoy people.

Anyhow worst case i saw was "How do i fly?"

The thing i dont understand is that this game is actualy very easy to find out the basics even if you dont read the manual. Hell i didnt even know that there is a manual till 1.2 came out. I learned evrything myself. After i got down the basics i started to coppy better players. And i never even read the manual ^^. Maby its just me. Besides people dont know that they even have a manual. SO maby The team can make the installer so that when you install ESF the manual automaticly opens.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, you do kinda have to search for the manual in the directory, but lately, new ones and updated ones have been posted on the front page, on the forums, and even on the front page of the website they will need to get custom models (esf-world).

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
we get alot of n00bs who flame if you dopn't answer their questions. and if you tell them to go read ethier charkra's guide or the esf guide they say "i don't understand that" or "i can't be f***ed to read them" and then they start sayying "esf really sux" (those dam n00bs they are so annoyying , don't they have any maturity or respect in them other then bagging people out and then bagging peoples families out , and they get away with it quiet easily which is why as soon as i get adsl at home it's game op applyying time for me)

Best answers
It wouldn't be worth it. Besides, players donate to the team, especially for access to the force pit. It's all good from my perspective.

Best answers
OK. I have an idea! I think we really might have a shot at the big time here!

Here is my idea: ESF dev. team, get together with the dev. teams of other top mods for hl(Like Sven Co-op, and Natural Selection). Then aproch Valve together, and give them a possable idea for HL. What I'm thinking is that HL could be put on store shelves again, BUT it would be bundled with HL's greatest mods? You get my drift? And each dev team would get some of the profeits. I think it would be a hit with all thoughs people who can't play HL2 on their comps.

So, what do you guys think?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
unique idea, but if the mods are based off a copyrighted idea, then they would need their licesnes as well. And i'm pretty sure the players would be pissed that they have to pay for a game that used to be free

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't think ESF should be sold as a game. FUNimation is way to greedy. They should however try to get people to join things like the force pit or something for a small donation (I sure as hell would pay to get in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom