Duel Mode

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Because those transformations are unbalanced and ridiculous that's why.

And if you have spent any time reading the docs masta had posted, you'd know how much work joe and hars already have set up for them. There's absolutely no reason at all to care about this mode with all that work.

And you're thinking it's such a simple thing, if it is, just make it a plugin. The people who really want it and know how to use the plug-in's will search the forums for such a thing. And once again, if it's serverside, only the person running the server will need it. Someone will join the server, ask where they got it, they'll direct them to the forums.

But then again, I guess i'm expecting too much from a community that can't even finish one model.
First of all, of course I read the docs masta had posted. A lot of the improvements had to do with improving melee. Do you know what this idea would do? That’s right, improve melee :rolleyes:.

About this being a plugin, sure, someone could probably make a plugin to do this. But.. what’s wrong with the community making the plugin and the team also adding it in? This way, for now we can have it up in maybe one or two servers and later on have it official for everyone to use.

But yeah, you probably are expecting too much from this community. I mean, after all, this community has accomplished nothing. It's not like there was that whole mod called EEA, that whole mod called EVM, that mod of EVM and that whole mod called BTL, not to mention the countless models maps and sprites on esf-world.. and hey, all those plugins right here. Damn, this community is useless huh?

Honestly, every suggestion gets rejected around here. What’s the point of even having this forum if the team "already has [work] set up for them"

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Sub said:
First of all, of course I read the docs masta had posted. A lot of the improvements had to do with improving melee. Do you know what this idea would do? That’s right, improve melee :rolleyes:.

About this being a plugin, sure, someone could probably make a plugin to do this. But.. what’s wrong with the community making the plugin and the team also adding it in? This way, for now we can have it up in maybe one or two servers and later on have it official for everyone to use.

But yeah, you probably are expecting too much from this community. I mean, after all, this community has accomplished nothing. It's not like there was that whole mod called EEA, that whole mod called EVM, that mod of EVM and that whole mod called BTL, not to mention the countless models maps and sprites on esf-world.. and hey, all those plugins right here. Damn, this community is useless huh?

Honestly, every suggestion gets rejected around here. What’s the point of even having this forum if the team "already has [work] set up for them"

You'd be surprised...everytime I see harS cruising the forum, nine times out of ten it's the suggestions forum he's browsing.

Yes, the team cares, they do take many forum suggestions into consideration, they aren't ignoring you at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Actually it would add another gamemode.. I don't see what melee has to do with it.

This is pretty much what i've been saying the entire time, why can't the community just do it?

It's funny you say that because pretty much all of those add-on's have Team members from ESF in them and driving them. BTL isn't even finished. And I don't even know what's going on with EEA or if it's still alive.

I read suggestion forum almost every day. Just posting in this thread is proof enough. I bring up the suggestions I like with the team in our meetings. Most suggestions here are crap, but we've chosen to work with 3 from here in the past month.

And just to end it off, I never said the community isn't worth anything, but it just seems like they never want to have to have the responsibility of doing anything. They just want the game done and don't care that we can't work that fast. So when we basically give the community a chance to help speed up development by making a character that they want, what happens? Not only do they not finish him, team members and people closely affiliated with ESF are forced to pick up the slack and get the job done.

So is the community worthless? Of course not, but do they really care about the mod?

And thus I have gone far off topic so, I'd much rather just see this made a plugin.

Best answers
I think theres a little misunderstanding...another gamemode? No thats not what is implied here. You are thinking duels like in tribes, but what we are saying is duels like in JKA. The main difference is these duels happen in a FFA setting. So while everyone is going at it you can just stop and duel a buddy off on the side then get back to the FFA.

And expecting a little much from the community? Perhaps, but also consider the size of the community and the age group of the majority. Considering both I'd say the community is pretty active...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom