Tomahawk Missile

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This team leader came to me yesterday from a Space Simulation mod and asked me if I wanted to join. So, considering I need practice, I said yes. He gave me my first task, to model a tomahawk missile.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really sure how big it's gonna be and all, but i'm assuming since it's a missle it's fired out of a larger vehicle and moves fairly fast.

Seems a bit high poly if thats the case. Cut down on the smoothness of the cylinder part, otherwise it's just a waste.

But other than the poly count if seems pretty solid. Good job.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Not really sure how big it's gonna be and all, but i'm assuming since it's a missle it's fired out of a larger vehicle and moves fairly fast.

Seems a bit high poly if thats the case. Cut down on the smoothness of the cylinder part, otherwise it's just a waste.

But other than the poly count if seems pretty solid. Good job.
he said "keep it under 1k" :) I'm at 380

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your leader may have said "keep it under 1k" but what he likely fails to realizes is that when a couple people start firing alot of missiles, the polygons are gonna start adding up fast.

Its like Kama said: missiles move at high speeds and generally people are looking at what they're trying to hit, not admiring what they're shooting. It just doesn't make sense to have something so detailed when the audience isn't even going to paying attention to it, limit or not.

Best answers
You could probaly just make a detailed bump map for it and then apply the map to a lower poly model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah.. u can cut down on allot of polys withouth losing lots of detail there..also the tip of the nose has like 5 polys.. whats with that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well same critz as anybody else model itself looks good but too highpoly imo
you could also save some polys if you dont attach those wings to the rocket if ya know what i mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom