Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi

Best answers
I think that's how you spell it.
Anyway, THIS GAME IS AWESOME! Who all thought there wasn't going to be another Budokai game? I did, but that's till' I figured out about this.

I have videos!

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/742/742303/vids_1.html

IT IS AWESOME.

It's coming out this fall! (For PS2 of course. ^_^)

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[sarcasm] yay....... [/sarcasm]

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Not to damage my well cultivated sense of apathy when it comes to Budokai games but.. this one actually looks damn good. From the movie clips they actually seem to be improving the quality of DBZ rather than mimicking it and the free-roam system does genuienly look fun.

I'm not sure how they'd manage player vs player fights but with 60+ characters and a promise of the entire DBZ series.. well maybe this one is worth a second look.

Best answers
Well, seriously forte, is looking around and actually reading around too see if it has been posted before really all that hard. The thread is nearby. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but it's under a different name, although technically the same game.

Japanese: DBZ: Sparking
US/European: DBZ: Tenkaichi Budokai

(Is it me or did they get the English/Japanese names the wrong way round?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a thread like this further down the page with screenshots, vids, and a review. But to stay on topic, yeah I will definatly rent it, DBZ games doesn't seem to last long enough for a 50 dollar purchase. Hell, I went through Budokai 3 in 4 days and got bored of it before my 7-day rental was up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea 2 player mode will work as a verticle split screen.

The games free rome does look quite cool... so do the graphics and melee.

The split screen will be wierd unless you have a huge tv though...

They should have made it like zone of the enders, where the camera switches, but have like a little box in the bottom or top right corner from the other persons view.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know...

I just have a feeling ESF has much better gameplay then this game, I don't want to compare but it just looks allot like ESF.

The graphics are great, the animations to... but, it just isn't great in overall, I don't think the gameplay is going to keep you playing for months/weeks.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks *exactly* like Budokai 3, but with the camera behind you as opposed to beside you. A few more characters, a couple more stages, and apparently no changes to the gameplay. I'd say buy Buodokai 3 when this game comes out and the price drops from $50.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a large change you sheep, the gameplays completely differant, it even has a differant graphics engine, it looks completely differant.

Larger stages, free roaming, better gameplay.

Best answers
Was calling him a moron completely necessary? I also think it looks a lot like Budokai 3 with a different camera angle. Some of the new gameplay mechanics look interesting, but it still doesn't look that different to Budokai 3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
its a large change you moron, the gameplays completely differant, it even has a differant graphics engine, it looks completely differant.

Larger stages, free roaming, better gameplay.
Enjoy a warning for flaming. :warning: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, there is no need to insult them becuase they have a differing opinoin.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beat me to it by three minutes, Phat. Damn you.

It looks decent. I think that's the most I can expect out of a DBZ game these days anyhow. It's too hard to fit this kind of game into a mold of a fighting game...you'd think it was obvious what to do (lots of great reversal type moves, freestyle combos, fast responsive gameplay) but apparently people still think a DBZ game where holding down the d-pad and moving at a snail's pace is what we want. :0\

Hopefully this one has gameplay improvements. Budokai could have had SO MANY MORE moves and a MUCH MORE interesting blocking/reversal setup if they really put some thought into it. Hopefully this one will be cool but I bet that splitscreen thing is going to just kill it.

Best answers
I say they slap the ol' dog onto the XBox, what with it being able to handle games better and other technical whatnot I dont really have a clue about. Looks good though. Think I'll still prefer ESF however X)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hate x box. its just a rich corporation that buys the liscenses for other games and then gets the exclusive so you are forced into buying a system.

ps3 > xbox 360

Best answers
Yeah, but, Xbox > PS2. It's the more powerful machine, and so logically it's the best platform to develop games for. It always dissapoints me when really great games are PS2 exclusive, because it always makes me think about how much cooler it could have been if it had been developed for Xbox. Still, doesn't make much difference with Budokai, as cel shading is cel shading, it looks pretty much the same on all platforms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It could go either way, Saga's had potential (well, not graphically) but failed to deliver on just about every front except 'free roaming' (and even then you were restricted to a linear path). Hopefully Bandai would've learned from this and actually listened to the fans crits, if I were a game developer I would scour forums as if they were made of gold.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
some people are stupid and dont know what they are talking about though ~

i wouldnt want to incorporate everything everyone said just because they thought it would be cool...

...sort of like this forum...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, this isn't an X-Box vs Playstation thread, get back to the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be nice to have free flight, like lock-on and not locked on so you could go exploring instead of constant fight-fight-fight/linear/cancer, like in Zone of Enders. It's such an old game but I don't think i've seen an aerial combat system work as good since it was released in 2001. It would be perfect for DBZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom