Dragonball Z Animation Exercise

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=vimeo;33747636]http://vimeo.com/33747636[/video]

We were given a pre rigged dummy model and had to animate to an animation based off our choice of sound clip.

I chose Dragonball Z :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Animation to it was AMAZING. The way he powered up was perfect and clean.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was simply superb. Why aren't you a dev for ESF again?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF has advanced so much.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was simply superb. Why aren't you a dev for ESF again?
Thanks! I think if I were on the team, I could never, ever keep up with their schedules/meetings/deadlines because I suck at outside collaboration when I am in school.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh, I know how that works. =/

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It was great! Great indeed, I love the fist shaking! Wonder what DT would say. But hey, if that's the case with collaboration, do some freelance stuff! But I think that the devs rather be very consistent and have a lot of quality control.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, oh man that animation was epic!!!
Made me smile all over the place, you really nailed the attitude of vegeta. There are a few tweaks you could do here and there with the posing, but over all it was very entertaining. I enjoyed it :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's awesome Chakra. How many more years do you have left before you graduate?

On a side note, the Majin Buu saga was pretty terrible all around, but scenes like that were still great.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Damn that was awesome. I agree with Baaja, you should do some freelance work!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some of the gestures were a bit odd at times, but there's no doubt that they were totally DBZ gestures. At any rate, good animation, and a surprisingly nice aura effect to compliment it...

So yeah, sweet :)

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey Chakra, you should really consider making more animations. If this is something that you really want to continue doing, dont ever stop animating! Keep entertaining people! XD

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I would gladly watch more of your animation projects Chakra, and they don't have to be directed towards DBZ.. It's always fun to see people hone their skills, especially on this forum!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks all! I feel like the beginning poses could be more natural and less forced, same with the camera angles, but I feel like I picked up and got used to it in the second part. Even now I am seeing parts I thought worked fine then, but now I want to tweak.

That's awesome Chakra. How many more years do you have left before you graduate?

On a side note, the Majin Buu saga was pretty terrible all around, but scenes like that were still great.
Last year! Graduating in May with a BFA in Animation.

I enjoyed the Buu saga for concept of Fusion, SSJ3 (Love the design, but lacks the emotion tied to SSJ 1 and 2), Vegeta's inner struggle, and just how different and difficult Buu was as a villain.

Hey Chakra, you should really consider making more animations. If this is something that you really want to continue doing, dont ever stop animating! Keep entertaining people! XD
I do! I am going to school for animation and I am about to graduate. I have more experience in 2D animation but I have been dabbling in 3D for a few years. I have more on my Vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/user3806607

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks all! I feel like the beginning poses could be more natural and less forced, same with the camera angles, but I feel like I picked up and got used to it in the second part. Even now I am seeing parts I thought worked fine then, but now I want to tweak.
I can see it defiantly gets smoother and more natural as the clip goes along

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom