DB Kai... now that's the ticket!

Last edited:
whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Catching on now people?

Vegeta vs Recoome is pretty epic.

GOKU IS FINALLY BACK!!!

Man I wish the team would just use this version of the show as the basis for the mod.

It's how dbz should have been.

I don't understand though with one exeption- Goku was not pierced with the special beam cannon in the ep where it hits him- then in the next one when he's laying on the floor there is a hole and blood- also Dodria punches out the Nameks chest after that and vegeta chops guldos head off and all that violent stuff. So I think the censorship is over with.

That aside though- it's such a good show- I was in japan not long ago- and this show was going off. Heaps off merch and **** around for it- I heard people chanting the song. There was heaps of stuff in the jump shop too- and mentions in the WSJ.

Best version of dragonball ever.

Last edited:
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't feel like creating a new thread so I'll just use this thread.

Is anybody still watching this? I stopped at the Saibaman episode and haven't watched it since. Where are they at now?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Goku VS Frieza im giving it 1 more ep before the big planet sized boom.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn! I've really gotta catch up.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys may like to learn that Dragon Ball Z Kai is coming to Nickelodeon's Nicktoons this May. Not sure how much it will be edited, if at all.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x_UEMzx9_G8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x_UEMzx9_G8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3w4zf9OjeI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3w4zf9OjeI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh...how i hate the english dub. :|

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That's cool that Dragonball Z is coming back to the US., but can't say I'm happy with the new voice acting, would much rather prefer the older ones, but what can you do.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ = original version where they went 1 manga chapter = 1 episode

DBKai = a remake of the original where they removed all fillers making the story progress way faster without the 2 episode screaming and staring parts..

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, I remember watching an episode or 2 online, but they kept the childish jokes in. It really bothers there is no childishness free version of dbz. I know that this shtick is what makes dbz dbz, in a way, but still..

Can't it be like Akira, or 12 kingdoms?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw a commercial for the dub and they called it Dragonball Z Kai instead of Dragonball Kai. It sounded extremely retarded...

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I remember watching an episode or 2 online, but they kept the childish jokes in. It really bothers there is no childishness free version of dbz. I know that this shtick is what makes dbz dbz, in a way, but still..

Can't it be like Akira, or 12 kingdoms?
Sorry but jokes like those word puns in DBZ is what japanese comedy is all about.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's all up to the mangaka.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's all up to the mangaka.
I imagine a lot of wordplay jokes get lost in translation as well. I've seen some fan translations that have footnotes for why they translated something the way they did specifically as well as why it's considered a joke in Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom