Dragonaball Z Bid For Power

Best answers
Ok then which mod gameplay is faster BFP or ESP and does this game has halflife graphics or is it better.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Twysta
They ****ed up because they tried to sell the game without getting permission
Oh I didnt know that sorry!

Best answers
Here - I can give you a reasonably unbias reply as I have played both games as much.
Bid for Power is (or at least WAS) a reasonably good DBZ mod, it certainly beat the pants off DragonMod Z... however, not only have they been forced to use non-DBZ skins/characters, I have seen few DBZ skins around. In earlier versions there were more DBZ characters than ESF (Gotenks, Vegito, Gogeta, Brolly...) but as the versions have gone on, there have been fewer and fewer, and the game doesn't seem to have improved at all.
Melee in Bid for Power is also TOO powerfull, and causes too much of a stun delay. The leveling up is quite good but not as versatile as that in ESF, and although low Ki battles are quite fun as you haven't enough to fly effectively, it leaves a lot to be desired.
What does it for me is that BFP has homing weapons... now I hate Freiza Discs as it is, but can you imagine homing Freiza Discs? It means you can't even hide, because they'll use them simply to work out where you are.
All in all, although I didn't like the Alpha versions of this game and used to play BFP then... ESF b1.1 surpasses all versions of BFP!
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :laff:

Best answers
The game BFP had some advanced code system. The jumping against rocks is pretty cool, like if you fall down on a piece of rock you can quickly jump in the air if you press the jump button.

But the Melee system is really *** in BFP, ESF has the best melee system to my opinion. But still, both mods are very unique. Each has his own style and method of play.

But right now, ESF is the best DBZ mod. :)

Best answers
Originally posted by MoofuJJ
when Saviour of Strength comes out it will be better.
sorry but i can play that game too...

cause when dragonball u comes out it wil be better then any other mod.

dragonball u

:yes: but so far is ESF the best of them all :yes:

Best answers
euhm just fOr the topic title how can u compare A mod (bid for power) from the year 1999 whit a mod (esf) from the year 2002/2003...it's the same if u compare a car from the year 1980 and the year 2003

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Selkerot
euhm just fOr the topic title how can u compare A mod (bid for power) from the year 1999 whit a mod (esf) from the year 2002/2003...it's the same if u compare a car from the year 1980 and the year 2003
That sure put it into prospective. LOL

Best answers
Originally posted by Selkerot
Fair enough... but remember ESF is using the HL engine... which is older then the Q3 engine. Plus, they're both almost the same kind of game... I think the cars example was a bit hyperbolic don't you?

Best answers
dragonball U looks good but
SOS (http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~sos/) and
Earth's final hope (http://efh.flagrun.net) look even better (they are both stand-alone games)

In Earth's final hope each character will have tons of moves and the rage and melee system also look very good.

Back ontopic : i haven't played BFP yet but from what i heared, esf is much better then bfp. :cool:

Best answers
Yes, the mod is now completely ruined.... it looks so weird and stupid. It's like a cheap remake of DBZ in a awful style.

Don't even think of playing BFP now, alot of people are fed up with the mod.

Best answers
well the BFP (DBZ version) currently changed to e.BFP is not gone yet there still doing some underground production. a little secret i know

the question is where is the current dbz for q3 now?? as well as the download??

just remember there not gone yet..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by jeff_d5
well the BFP (DBZ version) currently changed to e.BFP is not gone yet there still doing some underground production. a little secret i know

the question is where is the current dbz for q3 now?? as well as the download??

just remember there not gone yet..
What do you mean?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BFP didn't die... not exactly anyway. Apparently some independant coders got together and picked up where the team left off. They've added more characters and attacks, and fusions, or so I hear... Anyway I can't find a link to download it myself, so much for that.

DragonballU and EFH look good, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they ended up breaking into a thousand pieces over a lack of team members or something later on. It has already happened to many DBZ mods, and is destined to continue.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBH IMO will break apart it seemd way to hard and would need a lot of peopleo to code and make a game like that. I hope DBU work out looks like a great game.

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
BFP didn't die... not exactly anyway. Apparently some independant coders got together and picked up where the team left off. They've added more characters and attacks, and fusions, or so I hear... Anyway I can't find a link to download it myself, so much for that.

DragonballU and EFH look good, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they ended up breaking into a thousand pieces over a lack of team members or something later on. It has already happened to many DBZ mods, and is destined to continue.
i totaly agree

Best answers
What do you guys mean about SOS being an "Stand Alone Game"

Does that mean you can DL it with out having Quake 2?

Best answers
yes and i also think it means no multiplayer but for sure it means no q2/q3 game..

Best answers
MAN THATS GREAT!!

I'll be happy id SOS had Bots and Such!

This is awsome! I dont have to buy Quake 2/3

They are Extreamly Rare where i live.

Last time i remember,a guy was selling Quake 3 for 200$!

Best answers
dam 200 where in the world do you live? afganistan?? dam i can get q3 for the price of a bag of milk in my town

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom