Double Generic Beam!!

Best answers
This is like a "Generic Beam Upgrade". I think it would be cool as hell if you could charge up TWO generic beams at the same time.

How it would work (follow along):
1) You charge up your first beam using the 'Primary Fire Button'
2) You push and hold the 'Secondary Fire Button' and release the 'Primary Fire Button'. The beam should stay in your hand (like it does now, but...).
3) While still holding the 'Secondary Fire Button' use the 'Primary Fire Button' to charge up another beam in the other hand.

How it would fire:
Has anyone played 'MegaMan X 2' on SNES? If you have then you already have the jist of how it will be released. If you haven't played it though...

1) Release the 'Primary Fire Button' and the 'Secondary Fire Button' and the first beam will fire. (the first beam will be treated as a projectile weapon so you can...)
2) Push the 'Primary Fire Button' again to launch the second beam. (which will be treated as a normal beam)

-Maybe another option would be to fire them both at the same time but I don't really know about that.

I know it sound complex, but think of how much ass would be kicked with it!

-=EDIT=-
I decided to change the name of the topic so that people might acutally read it.

Best answers
You did have a good number of readers, and a strong agreement that it was a pretty good idea. I dont recall if you got a reaction from the people who get to make decisions though.
Maybe you should have a poll....maybe..it seems that whenever theres a poll asking for more of something or an addition most people just say yes because everyone always wants more ::shrug::

Best answers
yeah more attacks should have secondary functions
like pressing secondary button you charge to beams with that weakest beamattack
or like a secondary for gohans shield, you make one and then press secondary just after you stop charging the shield
yhen it would create a shockwave that would do damage to nearby enemies

Best answers
it already has this dude... (gohan's ki shield) keep holding primary fire (to keep your shield up) let some people's ki attacks hit the shield then hold down secondary fire, aim at something, then release primary and secondary fire at the same time.

he will throw out a fireball that has all the power of the ki attacks that hit his ki shield... it gets very dangerous at times.

Best answers
That's spactacular...if Gohan's KI Shield was a Generic Beam that everyone could use ;/ but it's not.

Best answers
solidsnake - i was referring my comment to icu2's post about gohan's ki shield :)

i think they should put in some more generic beam stuff and your double beams is a good suggestion!

Best answers
Thought up another generic beam idea today:

Select "Double Beam Homing" item fro mthe Generic Beam weapon, and it works like this:

You hold primary fire to charge two beams in your hands then release it to shoot them out sideway. As they fly out sideways you aim to where you want them to hit and click primary fire again. THe Two beams now home in on that point and explode in impact.

Problems with this idea: Environment is 3D, so the beams wont know how FAR to travel. So you might have to program it to pick the point where the nearest player is and aim for that. If the player moves from the time you aim the beams to when they get there then they have gotten away with it. If you aim the beams at the ground they just home into the ground and explode. The explosion made should be fairly big.

EDIT: actually its kinda like Picollo's scatter ki balls, only with beams!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like snakes idea but not the scatter beam like one, i think it would be cool to shoot off reapidly instead of the slow way

Best answers
What if you could make your 2 beams join, so the would spiral for a bit then fuse into one big beam..

- Idea comes from the movie with that supernamek guy, where they freeze the world and there is that little green dude that sprouts guys from his back. i wanna say deadzone but i think thats the one with garlic jr. anyways in that movie Goku and Krillin do it.. so you could just let one person do it i guess.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hahaha you mean like a team beam? team with goku vegeta and cell all group up and charge 2 kames and a ff and all combine it into a big map killing blast but i guess it would be cool with only generics

Best answers
I don't know about that but I think it would be good to release them both at the same time for a 2X damage Generic Beam.

Best answers
how about you hit 3 twice, and it selects "double beam" and you charge both beams, they charge as fast as generic beams, can only be used by third lvls.

same as normal beam, just twice as strong, Nothing extra to add that way.

Best answers
the idea of homing beams is that initially the enemy doesn't know where you are aiming.

ther eis a whole host of things you can do with generic beam and ki attacks, i guess its up to the team whether they want to put it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom