Don't change Blocking: I found a way around the annoying Block Spammers

Best answers
You can also smash them to the ground if you get above them. I use this move very often many skilled melee users will teleport or turn around and block their backside. Just a tip for those who don't know...

HeHe Vegeta Hammer!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by The Taco Man
i suggest you think before you post something like that. No offense to ESF, but there are plenty of other good DBZ mods out there...
Well...I don't know if anyone noticed from my grammar or spelling, but I happen to be a writer and I happen to be a reviewer in my spare time. I've graduated from college and have a lot of experience in design and user interfaces and all kinds of stuff you apparently don't think is worthy to judge the game's playability.

I have played every dragonball z mod ever conceived. They all, fromd esign perspectives as well as playability and fun perspectives, were not good.

The console games are just plain old fighting games, as well. Nothing innovative or really well done about any of them except maybe Budokai but I haven't played that yet.

I know I have no real material to back it up, but trust me...I know what I'm talking about. This mod accurately captures the feel better then any other DBZ game. If you want to argue that DragonMod Z or DBUT or Bid For Power is better, go ahead...the fact will remain that this one is just more fun, and more relative to it's audience.

Sorry to be so longwinded. Hehe.

Best answers
*sigh* not another "ESF is the best DBZ mod in the whole world post."

I could go on to say that DMZ is better than ESF, becuase to play ESF you need an IQ of about 10, where in DMZ you have to do C O M B O ' S to do moves, not just one button attacks. I could also go on and call you a lamer, and a n00b, or a nerd, but i won't.

DMZ and ESF are 2 different mods with different gameplay, all i was suggesting was that just becuase you don't think it's good, and you're some sort of booknerd know it all, doesn't mean that other people don't. I was merely suggesting that there are other good DBZ mods out their, and that his post was incorrect

lastly
The fact will remain that this mod is more fun, and relative to it's audience
Mabey in your opinion, but remeber, both DMZ and ESF are in development stages, if you know what that means, so they will both have new and updated features soon and you might be saying the same thing about DMZ. And how do you know that more people like ESF than any other DBZ mod? Can you back it up, i thought not...

V'

Best answers
Well I found a way through those pesky blockers too. Lets say someone does that annoying block I-hit-you-back thing reapeadtly(sp?) and your ass is taking a beating.What you do, is lure him to swoop at you and teleport backwards until the other person stops swooping.The only way this defense won't work is when:A) They realize what the hell your doing or B) You run out of Ki.

Best answers
You could just always shoot ki blasts at them, especially when they are close to a wall or mountain, and let them die like that. If you go up and continuously hit them, the block will eventually fail, and you kick them away......

Anyway, stop complaining which DBZ mod is better or worse. Think about the competition they have. They try to make things different, making their MOD better, thus giving us a lot more entertainment.

I am personally happy that there is DMZ, ESF and GHP, just because of the different game plays. If you think you can do better, go join a team and do what you can.......

Best answers
i HIGHLY DOUBT that the makers of DBZ: Budukia even know ESF even exists:rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So getting the game published and being rightfully compensated for their hard work is a removal of their integrity, huh?

And as far as side by side comparisons of the show versions go...

The American version is much better. Better acting, number one...better music in certain spots although they both offer decent work in that department...but the american one being stripped of the excess sexual themes and curses is actually a positive revision.

Think how convoluted the show would be with people cursing and screwing every five minutes. It takes a lot away from the actual point of the story. But that's just my opinion I guess.

Same difference. Still doesn't change the fact that being published does not lessen anyone's integrity.

Best answers
Isn't that normal,i mean when you hit sombody in the real world,and he's blocking your fists,you can punch him in his back :p

Best answers
Perhaps, but in ESF I've found it very simple to block, then turn around and block again if need be. Normally I just teleport and give the melee offender a good swift bap on the head and away they go.

I get banned from more servers for that stuff, they call me cheap, when they're the ones melee spamming me to death. Yeesh, you CAN use other attacks people, it's no fun with 30 people flying all over the place ;)

In any case, I love the current melee system, but I do believe it needs a bit of tweaking to improve balance.

Cheers

*EDIT*

Oh and in regards for Funi's integrety and all that, they had to modify and localize DBZ, it contained far too much swearing and sexual themes for the american youth, say what you want about keeping the faith and the original script, but I for one, have all the japanese sub episodes. They're both really good, American and Japanese. It's all a matter of opinion, I perfer the japanese version however, I am a purist afterall ;)

Best answers
Originally posted by -:SYMBIOT:-
huh ;/ dont tell me you actually tjeck the grammer in the posts here on the forum that would be cinda well.. weird im here to talk about a game not in a spellin contest. anyway i think the game is well balanced to cuz if there are melee or block whores they can be beat (no i dont wanna fight cuz i didnt say i was good i havent played more than like 5 times)
lol Symbot, spelling and grammar are not synonymous with eachother,

you can have bad grammer and still have good spelling or vice versa. I'm more than likely spelled synonymous wrong but you can understand what I'm saying w/o reading it 3 times

Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanPrideXIX
So getting the game published and being rightfully compensated for their hard work is a removal of their integrity, huh?

And as far as side by side comparisons of the show versions go...

The American version is much better. Better acting, number one...better music in certain spots although they both offer decent work in that department...but the american one being stripped of the excess sexual themes and curses is actually a positive revision.

Think how convoluted the show would be with people cursing and screwing every five minutes. It takes a lot away from the actual point of the story. But that's just my opinion I guess.

Same difference. Still doesn't change the fact that being published does not lessen anyone's integrity.
Omfg the FuniRAPED versions of DBZ are total crap for crap. Get a clip of the 2 or 3 episodes in English and Original Jap when Gohan goes SSJ2, the jap eps are like 3,000,000 times better.

I'd rather watch an uncut dubbed jap ep any day over a FuniRAPED ep.

And erm, they don't have sex every five minutes in DBZ, and who gives a **** about a little goddamn cussing every ****ing now and again.

Best answers
I don't know if anyone else knows this but I think blocks are directional. Cause I realized that I was getting meleed from behind a lot even while I was blocking....

. Funimation should buy this mod and pay you all thousands of dollars for the rights, because it would sell. Big time. Trust me.

Best answers
Funimation should buy this mod and pay you all thousands of dollars for the rights, because it would sell. Big time. Trust me.
You ****ing retard, did you ever here of the best Dragon Ball Z game ever, named Bid for Power? Why the **** do you think they stoped making updates for that game, and changed all the models to some *** alein crap? BECAUSE FUNIMATION MADE THEM. Funimation wont buy ****, they spend to much money changing the orignal DBZ into eglish, and using a tool to take out blood, scars, langauge, ect. ESF, beleave it or not, you will turn out to be just like BFP.

Now I'm not trying to ragg on you guys, but if I were you, I would try to NOT let Funimation find out, because if you do, you will turn out like the BFP Team. Now some ofyou guys are going to reply saying, "You idiot, BFP was stopped because they were going to sell the game, and Funimation stoped them becse they were;nt going ot make a profit!". But that is only partly true.

Best answers
A good way to get a thread closed is to talk about Funimation, so let's just stop that right here, the mods are not very nice about it when they find a thread talking about that corporate entity.

Anyways, I just heard about Bid for Power, I had one of their old updates with the original models and stuff, it's definetly fun, but I perfer ESF. I think it has more potential.

Enough off topic talk, block spammers can be defeated easily enough, teleport behind, constantly move around them, have better PING times :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by ErkDog
Omfg the FuniRAPED versions of DBZ are total crap for crap. Get a clip of the 2 or 3 episodes in English and Original Jap when Gohan goes SSJ2, the jap eps are like 3,000,000 times better.

I'd rather watch an uncut dubbed jap ep any day over a FuniRAPED ep.

And erm, they don't have sex every five minutes in DBZ, and who gives a **** about a little goddamn cussing every ****ing now and again.
this mod is based on the American versions of DBZ, but DMZ is based on the Japanese versions of DBZ

Best answers
a pretty fun way i have found is after you try and hit them once and they block and you teleport behind them (only if your piccolo) just bust out your eye lasers and burn them a bit. teach the damn block whores a lessen then next time they will stop block ing to get out of the way of the eye laser and then you melee them its a great and endless cycle.

Best answers
how do you block beams i am not that good at esf and i was just wondering

Best answers
simply by pressing the block key!

look into the esf manual.swf in your e.g c:\half-life\esf\ directory!

there should it be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom