Don't change Blocking: I found a way around the annoying Block Spammers

Best answers
fly to them, punch, then teleport behind them and kick from behind!! if that doesnt work, teleport after the next punch up, and smack them from up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
block is mostly suicide. not always. might save ya life. But HOLDING block is. they indeed move around ya faster then you can counter for and believe me. Ya can't deblock 2. lol.

Never block long.

Best answers
is there a way to move quickly above or below a blocker w/o teleporting after ur melee hit fails?

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX,

thanks for posting that first post. some people just done appreciate how good this game really is...

Best answers
Problems with block spammers?
Two words Baby...Spirit Bomb. Hehe, block that you sonofa|317CH

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blocking Spirit Bombs is my specialty. In fact, playing Spirit Bomb Volleyball is always fun. >:0)

I definitely don't think this game is being given the credit it deserves as being revolutionary. It wasn't even MENTIONED by Gamespy, because Gamespy could give a damn because this is a low key mod without hundreds of thousands of players, but nevertheless the fan base is there and it was very unprofessional of them to not relay my news submission to their newsletter.

All Dragonball Z games have failed except this one. Why? It's really simple: this one captured the feel. The intensity. The ever increasing power is what we're all playing for in those servers--not to have the most kills, or the win at the end of a round. That Budokai fighting game that's coming out will be alright, but it's a FIGHTING game...Dragonball Z, despite being about FIGHTING, does NOT fit into our preconceived notions of what a FIGHTING GAME is.

But a deathmatch game has no limitations. Do we realize here people that we broke out a whole new genre of game for this project?

The melee system is brilliant. The powerlevel system is brilliant. The game play is brilliant. The balance is beautiful (although I think trunks could be a little more balanced, but I play Vegeta, so no skin off my back, hehe).

And now that it's mostly built, all that's left is bug squashing and the additions of new maps, transformations, attacks, models, etc.

So the game was completely rebuilt from scratch, that takes a lot of effort and commitment from the team in itself...but guess what?
They took a first person shooter's engine and made almost a whole new kind of game out of it. And no less, there are some nearly Quake 3 quality effects in this mod (look at the lava on the lavapit level). And capture the dragonballs is literal, not a stupid CTF clone with a different graphic for the flag.

They gave us a whole new kind of game to play. This is and will stand the test of time as the ONLY VERY WELL EXECUTED AND VERY FUN AND PLAYABLE DRAGONBALL Z GAME.

And they did all of this with Half-Life. Rinky dink ten cent engine, practically, by today's standards. It makes it even more impressive.

So yeah. I really appreciate this game. I think we got that much across. lol

Best answers
Yeah there are many ways to get around someone blockign.. Teleporting behind them. Disking htem.. Or just over powering them with a Kamahameha.

The Melee system is done beautifuly. Although I have a problem, there should be a type of deul system like Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast. May times I have been plowed into from behind when locked in close combat with another person and I find that so annoying. And I hate doing it myself to other people. It just ruins the fun someone is having when they get smashed into from behind then 4 people come down and start smacking and kicking them around.

That was my only problem with the mod. Other then that beautifuly done. I especially liked the transformations.. I can never get enough of Goku's! The Lightning and everything. BEAUTIFUL!!

Best answers
I love the block and use it, but it would be fun if there would be a power struggle. This has probobly been said a lot so i won't say anything. And is there anyway to kill somone with gohans shield up. Thats indestructable

Best answers
Yeah these attacks go through it: Frieza disc, Destructo disc, Cookie Attack, Eye Laser, Finger Laser more I think, I cant remember.

But I dont know why you ppl dont do it this way its a lot easier!
Say your goku and some ******* has been sitting in his shield for ages:

A) If he's been there for a long time and he is in the air not on the ground his ki would be farely low so charge a full kamahamaha at it and it should break it and damage/kill him

B) If he is on the ground with his shield his ki would be pretty much full so if you cant disc him, charge a full spirit bomb or kamahamaha (from a distance) and this will make him think your going to attack his shield but he's wrong, attack next to him (as close as possible wihout hitting the shield) and it should kill him because the attack will explode near him and a shield can't stop the damage from the blast radius!

Hope that helps :D

Best answers
i have people attack me when i have sheild on so i can make the blast look like i blew the whole map up :p...i dont play with gohan much...i play as Vegeta the best DBZ char there ever is :p

Best answers
to all those who flame the block move (and i mean blocking for 4 seconds when a guy shots at ya or flies towards you for melee not holding it throught all the game) what should a guiy do if 2 guys are flying towards you to melee you and oh no we dont wanna use block do we the vets would get pissed not cause they double team but cuz you block 4 seconds so you would just take the hit or would you do what i always do (and yes im proud of it) block the one attacker (yes only holding block for 4 seconds) hit and hit the other guy afterwards yeah i kno there surely are some nerds who spend all theyre "life" playing esf who just can hit both with melee and then stand tall but i talk about guys who havent mastered the melee perfectly and guys lets finally open our eyes the dmz chars offent use block like freeza blocked picolos blast and cell blocked vegetas punches and yes guys who block all the times are *****es but i mean is it so bad to block like 1 little punch cause if i block 1 little tiny ****ing punch im called a block spammer!!!!

Best answers
Sounds like this mod is a little more melee oriented than DragonModZ was, Excellent, a bunch of kids spamming stuff around wasn't much fun.

Best answers
my favorite way to attack blockers works pretty well (for me) they jsut sit there i know there blockign i jsut keep swooping at them hit them then teliport usually back sometimes i go up or across and the let go to hit me while i maway i jsut re-swoop and bam there gone its even mroe fun when u teliport up hit them from behidn to the ground man i love that:fight:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if someone insists on holding block when you melee, just blast them from the sides with a good beam attack.

simple.

Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanPrideXIX
I don't know if anyone else knows this but I think blocks are directional. Cause I realized that I was getting meleed from behind a lot even while I was blocking....

I only mention this cause I read some kid in these forums whining and askign that block have limitations put on it.

Bottom line is when designing a mod, you have to take into consideration the level of player integrity your audience has. Half-Life players have next to none, and 12 year old Dragonball Z fans who make irrelevent requests for a Brolli mode and Fusion to be realistic moves in a computer game where such things clearly are not the primary concern don't have much integrity as gamers either.

Not to criticize, but I hope the mod developers here understand that they did an excellent job with this game, especially in the balance department. And the blocking is no exception: it balances the melee combat engine out very well, I think. And I am a professional designer myself.

I have to say, as long as I"m here...props to the dev team for making the ONLY Dragonball Z-based game (mod or otherwise) that is any good and captures any of the feel of the show. This is the only one. Funimation should buy this mod and pay you all thousands of dollars for the rights, because it would sell. Big time. Trust me.

Well in any case, back to my original point. I'm not really sure if it works that way, but if it doesn't I think that would be a much better solution to block-whoring.

Although personally, I think everyone should stop running to forums and *****ing every time they play a game with some jerk who exploits the features. There are gonna be people who are young, arrogant, or stupid, who play games just to win.

Fortunately, we have here a very revolutionary game, where the kill count doesn't matter so much as gathering the strength to own the server full of people...and the only way to do that is to play the game, power struggle, block struggle, and melee.

So in an odd way, it has this great looping gameplay, something that I don't think enough of us appreciate.

Well, in any case. Good job team, and remember everyone: get that ******* who's whoring on block from behind and see if it works! [/b]
i suggest you think before you post something like that. No offense to ESF, but there are plenty of other good DBZ mods out there...

Best answers
integrity? ;/ good god this is a game not something youre life depends on its made to entertain people :S and if somebody cant beat a block whorer or (yes there are also) melee whores i suggest tey find another mod or another server to play on instead of beginning to make this a matter of life or death

Best answers
Originally posted by -:SYMBIOT:-
to all those who flame the block move (and i mean blocking for 4 seconds when a guy shots at ya or flies towards you for melee not holding it throught all the game) what should a guiy do if 2 guys are flying towards you to melee you and oh no we dont wanna use block do we the vets would get pissed not cause they double team but cuz you block 4 seconds so you would just take the hit or would you do what i always do (and yes im proud of it) block the one attacker (yes only holding block for 4 seconds) hit and hit the other guy afterwards yeah i kno there surely are some nerds who spend all theyre "life" playing esf who just can hit both with melee and then stand tall but i talk about guys who havent mastered the melee perfectly and guys lets finally open our eyes the dmz chars offent use block like freeza blocked picolos blast and cell blocked vegetas punches and yes guys who block all the times are *****es but i mean is it so bad to block like 1 little punch cause if i block 1 little tiny ****ing punch im called a block spammer!!!!
Could you write that any worse?

I know that its just a post and the composition doesn't have to be perfect but when i have to actually re-read the post to try to understand what your trying to say somthing needs to be said.

There are ways around blocking just like there are ways around melee. The game is very well balanced and really only needs the planed improvements (bug squashing and more transformations).

Great job ESF team. Best DBZ game ive ever seen.

Best answers
huh ;/ dont tell me you actually tjeck the grammer in the posts here on the forum that would be cinda well.. weird im here to talk about a game not in a spellin contest. anyway i think the game is well balanced to cuz if there are melee or block whores they can be beat (no i dont wanna fight cuz i didnt say i was good i havent played more than like 5 times)

Best answers
meele is very easy VERY EASY

blocking is part of the game, if you r my powerful some times u break the block

the only think i hate it noob compaining about meele CAUSE they cant use it,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom