Do servers suffer from cheaters?

Best answers
Well, this is just speculation on my part, but I've been in a few situations where upon getting into a melee, a huge list of arrows stream in, and they're all multi-directional... Could this just be a huge coincidence, or is there more to this?

Along with this, I've seen long streams of arrows pop up nigh-instantly. Is this some sort of bind, perhaps?

If it's possible to bind combos to one key and do them instantly, perhaps they should address that feature in the next patch?

Best answers
in theoy you could do this but I don't think it would work but thx as I keep seeing people do the first combo over and over again but there easy to beat and only way I can think to fix the problom is make all the combos blue instead of green

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that devil has a script or something that makes him get all the arrows right. There aren't many people that have it though.

Best answers
Ive had this when 1.2 just came out, but no cheaters i think, but somehow if i fought Gohan i got twice the randoms (and they did the same combo cuz i checked with my friend back then, he did the combos) then with any other character i nearly had no randoms, hence back to normal, strangely enough with 1.2.1 its back to normal again.

Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OniMangaKat said:
Well, this is just speculation on my part, but I've been in a few situations where upon getting into a melee, a huge list of arrows stream in, and they're all multi-directional... Could this just be a huge coincidence, or is there more to this?
This happens when the enemy's power level is massively higher than yours, i.e. a 15 mill vs. a 1 mill.

Carnage + OniMangaKat said:
I think I know what he means, I myself made a demo out of it. The dude flies around a map like he is laggin but skips giant parts of ground. When he uses advanced melee, 20 arrows will popup in 1 second. I might post a screenie to show you. Never the less, an arrow limit per second would be nice.

edit : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/Carneh/esf_city0011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/Carneh/esf_city0012.jpg

Along with this, I've seen long streams of arrows pop up nigh-instantly. Is this some sort of bind, perhaps?

If it's possible to bind combos to one key and do them instantly, perhaps they should address that feature in the next patch?
Unfortunately, that's pretty easy to do. You make a bind to press all of those keys in sequence with one key press. No? A definite failsafe might be needed against that if it becomes a larger problem...

Just remember, this is half life, it's a bunch of spoiled little brats who think they deserve this free game without investing any effort time or money into their rigs or their gaming in general. There are always going to be little sons of *****es who cheat.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hybrid said:
I know that devil has a script or something that makes him get all the arrows right. There aren't many people that have it though.

This "exploit" was fixed in the current Patch, so 'Devil' can't do it anymore, nor the other players.

To Carnage: Was that 'Devil' or another person of his stature? To my kowledge 'Devil' is in California and you are in Europe so this would make for belief that there are more then there was before.

Best answers
this takes me back to the old days of cs when i made a burst script. It took me a couple hours and once i got it i couldnt play wiht out it. Every1 that knew i had it said i was a cheater but i dont think of it that way. I think that i was just using my knowledge to make me a better play. Flame me all u want im still dont think i was cheating.

Best answers
Cheating or not, it takes the fun out of the game since there is no way you can press arrows that fast :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, and it also makes you a complete and utter ******.

(Go ahead and warn me, guys...I think it's worth it.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe the script can also be used for inputting melee? If not then he's got some fast fingers.

Best answers
This happens when the enemy's power level is massively higher than yours, i.e. a 15 mill vs. a 1 mill.
- in regards to my multi-directional arrows post.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

As for the binding of huge melee combos and such, it sucks and please don't do it anymore.

Best answers
Styer101 said:
this takes me back to the old days of cs when i made a burst script. It took me a couple hours and once i got it i couldnt play wiht out it. Every1 that knew i had it said i was a cheater but i dont think of it that way. I think that i was just using my knowledge to make me a better play. Flame me all u want im still dont think i was cheating.
just so u know this is the kind of cheating prick that several people have talked about. its not that it makes it funner for him he just finds it funny to piss people off

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Golden Dragoon said:
just so u know this is the kind of cheating prick that several people have talked about. its not that it makes it funner for him he just finds it funny to piss people off
He, as a cheater, also eats diarrhea.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What if the admin set the max prepunches to 20 or something? That could easily explain the amount of arrows there.

Btw, people who cheat during multiplayer games do so because they suck at the game. Theres no reason why one person has to spoil everyone else's fun.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
most guys are just using some cheap speedhacks, thats enough because esf dont support anit-cheats. e.g. To Harsens and PCJoe please try to make esf compatible with e.g. Cheating-Death. Or at least VAC.

Regars Raven

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
I think I know what he means, I myself made a demo out of it. The dude flies around a map like he is laggin but skips giant parts of ground. When he uses advanced melee, 20 arrows will popup in 1 second. I might post a screenie to show you. Never the less, an arrow limit per second would be nice.

edit : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/Carneh/esf_city0011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/Carneh/esf_city0012.jpg
i think that happened to me.. when i first started esf and was on a map lagging bad when it was my turn to do a combo i just pressed any direction whatsoever.. maybe he did that too

Best answers
Golden Dragoon said:
Actualy I WAS trying to make the expierience easier. I was not trying to piss any1 off. In fact i dont think i pissed any1 off if i remeber correct i actualy inspired some1 to get into scripting. If any here played cs i bet half of them used buy scripts so then that would mean they were cheating because they were takeing 1 sec to buy stuff and every one else 5 secs.

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
He, as a cheater, also eats diarrhea.
again i wasnt cheating just making it easier for me. its not like i was looking through walls or aim botting.

Best answers
imkongkong said:
i think that happened to me.. when i first started esf and was on a map lagging bad when it was my turn to do a combo i just pressed any direction whatsoever.. maybe he did that too
Not really, I'm quite sure he used some sort of speedhack or something because it was simply rediculous. Also when the punches were executed the animations were way too fast. Also when he was thrown or knocked back, he was flying at least 10x the normal knockback distance, simply rediculous. Anyway, I also agree that the team should at least try to put some basic anti-cheat software in ESF, or at least make it compatible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Styer101 said:
Actualy I WAS trying to make the expierience easier. I was not trying to piss any1 off. In fact i dont think i pissed any1 off if i remeber correct i actualy inspired some1 to get into scripting. If any here played cs i bet half of them used buy scripts so then that would mean they were cheating because they were takeing 1 sec to buy stuff and every one else 5 secs.

again i wasnt cheating just making it easier for me. its not like i was looking through walls or aim botting.

Making the game easier IS a form of cheating. The game is meant to be played by you, and everything you have to do in the game is meant to be done by you, not by a script. It's like when an athlete takes illegal steroids to "enhance" his performance, it's cheating. Even though buy scripts in CS don't always give you an advantage (in the cases where there is no buy delay time, you DO get an advantage), you can't take the 3 seconds it takes to buy your equipment on your own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom