Do servers suffer from cheaters?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That'd be nice, but then we have other issues. Your custom skins could be detected as "cheats."

I think, put quite simply, there should be a program that scans the game folders of players to make sure that they match the server. With some tweaks, that could help cut it down immensely.

The main problem here is ****ing scripting. Scripting is the worst thing that Gabe "The Unbelievable Retard" Newell's crew ever included in Half-Life. In my opinion, that **** should've been removed by the third or fourth patch once it was known how abused it was. It helps modders but honestly I think it's high time we took the ability to script or bind in the console away. I mean...would ti kill them to just release a game where, right before finalization, they just disabled the ability for anyone but a server admin to use the console commands beyond like a handful of non-troublesome ones?

The worst part of scripting is that age old and highly stupid defense: "It's part of the game so it's not cheating!" I could make a script or bind that makes my ESF auto-doubletap; even that one simple bind could theoretically give me a huge advantage and all it would take would be ten minutes of my time. Then the esf team has to waste three months coding a delay in microseconds to prevent me from doing that **** again, instead of adding new features.

Best answers
Well there you go, a very good point.

Scripting is not right, it's basically taking what the team spent hours coding in and just manipulating it like nothing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for the uber fast buying in CS....most people I know have their own personal favourite equipment. They for example, bind the buy menu to '7' and then the Desert Eagle to '8' or whatever. As long as you can remember your equipment, you can just press 7,8 for a deagle. o_o

Best answers
ok well saiyan I really dont care anymore if u really care to waste ten minutes of ur life arguing over something that was in the past and done with good for u.

and u caught me... i dont pay for my internet

and u said u use games as a stress release well i do the same. If somethign is pissing me off i will either go riding my bike or get on my comp and play doom 3 or esf. I will prolly play a level on doom 3 and then switch to esf. If ur wondering if i cheat in doom3 i dont that is so stupid cause ur cheating in a game that is ment to be played with difficulty and ur just making no difficulty (ie. invicibilty or all weapons.) And i dont cheat in ESF i dont even know how to... make a script? I forgot and i dont want to go over all of those tuts just to relearn how to to make a script for a game im already good at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom