Do servers suffer from cheaters?

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Making the game easier IS a form of cheating. The game is meant to be played by you, and everything you have to do in the game is meant to be done by you, not by a script. It's like when an athlete takes illegal steroids to "enhance" his performance, it's cheating. Even though buy scripts in CS don't always give you an advantage (in the cases where there is no buy delay time, you DO get an advantage), you can't take the 3 seconds it takes to buy your equipment on your own?
fine i was "cheating" what are u gonna do about it? Besides its just a game its not like its the end of the world.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I for one haven't really ran into those type of exploits, mainly because I don't play online anymore, due to all that. I just play against bots, and occasionally against my brother, or other friends.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Styer101 said:
fine i was "cheating" what are u gonna do about it? Besides its just a game its not like its the end of the world.

I'll probably put your Won ID on my ban list, that's what i'll do. Anyone else that feels the way I do will do the same. As long as you're not in my server, then I'm happy.

It is just a game, but that doesn't make cheating appropriate. I'm there to have fun, and if someone cheats, then it pisses me off, and I'm no longer having fun. People like you ruin the game for me.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think this is all down to lag, also i think im right in thinking the longer u leave it before pressing the arrows they change to multi directional..... im not sure but thats wat i think happens

the only thing i dont really like is wen it lags, it gets to my turn to block his arrows, and he starts hittin me before they even show up on the screen :S.....

also there have been several times where i know ive hit with a combo, yet no combo happens.... its weird

Best answers
so ur gonna ban me from your server becuase i used a script in my cs days?

Best answers
im not taking anyones side im just saying maybe you 2 should stop before this thread is closed :rolleyes:

anyway iv never come across anyone cheating in esf ...might be cause i live in australia :p...... and yeah maybe esf should find some way of putting in an anti cheating program so you can filter out the cheaters..would just add some security to the game since people are already having problems :)

Best answers
i played a combo script sucka before... heckhe was even stupid enought to admit it... so i just went on only using 1.1 melee and beams and he went on complaining about me not using anything other than 1.1 melee... that was fun!
however if its just a game why do you have to cheat to be able to keep up ? Cant take loosing? "its just a game"

Best answers
... i would have still won without the script ("cheats/hacks").

but yes thats the last post about that. If u have to cheat to win then thats sad just practice practice practice.

Best answers
I'm just surprised this thing hasn't been closed yet or no one has been warned but back on topic cheaters suck nuff said. how bout instead of making a script for 10hrs you practice for 10hrs.

Best answers
I completely agree with you guys. Why cheat? It takes all of the fun out of the game for the other players, and you because cheating gets you nowhere. They should make some type of cheating death for our ESF servers. I have encountered a cheater once in my 1 week playing. Arrows most multi-directionl came up across the screen in about a second and a half. I couldn't do anything about it. But no I didn't get mad, I fought him back and had some fun having a challenge, but he still beat me. But don't get mad because it is after all just a game. and don't cheat because it just messes us the game for everyone else!

Best answers
People cheat because it takes the "work" out of the game and gives you an advantage over everyone in the server. People use cheats to make there own playing time more enjoyable at the cost of everyone elses.

There is no need to say cheaters are losers, they just don't like playing the normal way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They still eat diarrhea, regardless.

See, that's the kind of **** I'm always talking about with script kiddies and HL brats. "It's just a game, it's not like it's the end of the world." Well, no, nbot for you, you stole your half life key from your older brother, or you play on your older brother/your dad's/a gift computer. What do you care if you **** up the enjoyment of some game for someone? You didn't have to earn the game at all.

SOME OF US paid upwards of THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OVERALL to enjoy our gaming experiences. Some of us pay Comcast ****loads of money every month to have our nice connections so we don't have to deal with laggy bull****. Some of us shelled out 2 grand to make sure we had top of the line ****. Sure it is "just a game" but that doesn't give you the right to make me regret downloading and installing a game just because YOU didn't have to put any ****ing effort into getting it and playing it, and thus don't take it seriously enough to play it properly. Same thing with ESF: it's a free ride. what do you care if you play it like an ******* and ruin 7 other people's time in a server?

Psychologically speaking, it's a simple ****ing fact:

I don't take the game itself seriously, but I DO take GAMING ITSELF very seriously.

A quick offtopic rant: Using a buy script is a small advantage but still an advantage. Part of that is the loser CS developers' fault for not putting in a "save loadout" or type of preload feature. They have "Buy again" in 1.6 but something tells me that if you are the type who would cheat or script, your also the type who probably doesn't have a legitimate CD key and thus doesn't have steam, which would explain why it's worded all nostalgically ("back in my CS days..."). Even if not--for ****'s sake, you pick what you want ONCE and then hit BUY AGAIN for the rest of the game. God knows you only use one ****ing gun anyway (I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's the Steyer!)

Besides. Script or not, it's still a cheat. A minor one, but still. In ESF, using basic scripting, you can do all kinds of ****headed stuff. The buy script still gives you a clear advantage; suppose you played with a bunch of people who weren't that good and didn't buy as quick as your average snapcase CS ****head does. You could theoretically get your guns and go in and probably catch them completely off guard and win.

The simple ****ing fact remains: if you can do something that another player can't duplicate, it's a ****ing cheat.

Deal with it. God damn. At least the few people I know who are cheaters have the common ****ing decency to keep it to single player games.

Best answers
You really can't make one post without swearing can you? Cheaters usually blow anyway, hackers are a bigger threat since they could have an aimbot or speedhack which is much more serious than a lousy script. Don't get me wrong I hate scripters, especially since they convinced the team of putting a tele delay in, screwing it up for everybody :/ and don't give me crap about it "only" being 0.15 seconds or whatsoever cos that's only for 0 pingers. But again cheaters mess it up for everybody, hooray!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride brought up a really good point, and If I could I'd give him a nice big reputation point. Most of us actually paid to play these games. Computers aren't cheap, and games aren't cheap either. With the addition of the online services that you have to pay for, it's no longer "just a game" it's part of your budget. Then you have these little kids that don't realize how lucky they are to have everything paid for them, that just run their mouth and try to ruin the game for everyone but themselves. worst of all, there's really nothing you can do about it, except ban them fro myour server, if you even HAVE one. Which is exactly why I ban people like that. I play to have fun, I PAY to have fun, and if someone starts ruining it by cheating or exploiting something, I'm not going to stand for it.

Best answers
I doubt these "hackers/cheaters" are kids if they have the mind to create aimbots, scripts, etc.

I'm not supporting cheating or hacking, I just don't let it get to me because it's just a game. If you feel that your money you spend on your computer is all about the games then I feel sorry for you. You shouldn't be putting that much devotion into a game in the first place.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"You shouldn't be putting that much devotion into a game in the first place."

How can you say that?
It's like saying athletes shouldn't be devoted because they spend hours and hours training, or graphics designers because they spend lots of money on gfx packages

It just doesn't make sense - people pay that money to enjoy the games they play to the fullest extent - it's perfectly reasonable and if you cannot see that then I question if you play games at all.

Best answers
ok i guess im gonna have to hit the highlits of ur post saiyan.

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Well, no, nbot for you, you stole your half life key from your older brother, or you play on your older brother/your dad's/a gift computer. What do you care if you **** up the enjoyment of some game for someone? You didn't have to earn the game at all.
first off i did have to pay for it and I did buy my Half-life. In fact I was the second person in my community to buy Half-Life and put it on my comp. Second I spent a whole summer saving up to buy my comp so dont tell me i didnt earn it.

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Even if not--for ****'s sake, you pick what you want ONCE and then hit BUY AGAIN for the rest of the game. God knows you only use one ****ing gun anyway (I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's the Steyer!)
last time i played which was a couple months ago I used no Script no Hacks or cheats of any kind and i did very well. And yea the aug sucks no reason to use it is if u need the scope which is sad.

And if u want to continue this argument or what ever u want to call it take it to the pm's i dont want to get warned for Flamming or spamming.

Btw i counted 15 censored words. I dont know if u talk to your mother that way but clean up your act no girl is gonna want to date some guy that not only devotes himself to gamming but also says 15 cuse words in a short little thing. Mabey u should consider anger manegment :laff: :fight: :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firstly: I swear to make the ****ing point. :0D

Secondly: I don't want to hear this over-devotion to games stuff. Just because I play games and I consider it a major hobby doesn't mean it's my entire life. I do plenty of other things, and have plenty of friends who are female. God, that stereotype is old. We've been dealing with that since you brats were in ****ing diapers.

As far as you being the first in your neighborhood to buy Half-Life...all that tells me is that you were the first in your neighborhood to have your CD key locked out of steam because five of your friends tried to use it before you. And no, spending 10 bucks your dad gave you or you got in some sort of gift card on the HL platinum pack at your local Cheap-O Depot doesn't count as "spending hard earned money."

Thanks for the advice on girls. I'm sure you've got a lot of experience and "mabey" I should consider some "anger manegment" therapy. I should really start spelling ****ty, typing like a retard, and cheating at a crappy overrated half-life mod. Then I'll get all the chicks just like you, right, Styer? Come on...seriously. :0\

You didn't tell us all who pays your internet bill. You didn't tell us how many hours a day you work and how you come home after a day of being screwed off on by your boss, you come home and want to have a little fun and play a game, only to have it ruined by some 15 year old piece of **** with no etiquette who thinks that everything in the world should be frigging handed to them just because.

Saying that devotion to games is sad or wrong is just retarded. If it was a cooler hobby, would it be more acceptable to be devoted to it? Let's get one thing straight here, my life's no bushel of frigging roses. I bust my ass at two jobs, my car is falling apart, I haven't been able to join up and play in any bands in forever, and my confidence in my work is up ****'s creek in general which is causing me a massive case of writer's block on this particular writing project I work on. Are games my whole life? No. But they are one of the few places I can turn to where I logically go ahead and expect a reasonably GOOD experience that is fun and entertaining. And people with your kind of approach ruin that for me, and make things like CS or HL or my cable modem service and router a big fat ****ing waste of MY hard-earned money.

And yea the aug sucks no reason to use it is if u need the scope which is sad.
See man...this just proves to me what kind of gamer you are. "It's not the best gun, why use it?" I mean...do people like that even know how to play games, or do they just look for the particular competitive method that does the most for them and has the least penalty, and whore it for the rest of their lives?

Bottom line: It doesn't matter if you paid for your **** or not. Some of us are on here to RELIEVE stress and HAVE A GOOD, FUN TIME. The ****ing box art doesn't advertise **** like "Annoy total strangers anonymously!!!" and "cheat while calling people ***s!!"

I didn't pay 40 bucks for half-life (yeah, 40, not like the bull**** artists who go "I did buy it!" and mean the platinum pack from the bargain bin for 15 bucks that you bought when they couldn't "hack" their way into steam) so I could go watch people like you rush and kill me because of impossibly fast "reflexes" that I can't match without duplicating myself.

I don't know what's sadder. That people cheat, or that people brag like they're good afterward.

I had a good example in a quick ESF match with Smith the other night. He kicked my ass up and down the server, but he didn't use any of the stupid "tactics" that are so popular. I consider that to be REAL skill. Anything less is cheating and no matter how you slice it THE GAMES WEREN'T BUILT SO YOU COULD BUY THEM AND USE THEM TO RAISE HELL AND ANNOY OTHER CHARACTERS IN GAME.

'Nuff said.

Best answers
[SAS]Orion said:
"You shouldn't be putting that much devotion into a game in the first place."

How can you say that?
It's like saying athletes shouldn't be devoted because they spend hours and hours training, or graphics designers because they spend lots of money on gfx packages

It just doesn't make sense - people pay that money to enjoy the games they play to the fullest extent - it's perfectly reasonable and if you cannot see that then I question if you play games at all.
Well I respect your opinion so I would appreciate it if you would respect mine.

Best answers
since when does the count of female friends count as a reason for being a non gamer? i got like 10% male friends and 90% percent female friends does this mean im a b-a-d-a-s-s? anyways cheating is cheating no matter how much you try to cover it with useless exuses and i think cheating in a online game should be punished by disabeling the online playability of the cheaters game .... to bad that aint possible yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom