DMZ hacked!

Best answers
I dont want to be called a traitor or anything, but i also watch DMZ evolve. Dont flame me. MY point is that if you try to go to their webpage, they display a message saying that flagrun,their host was hacked and will be up soon. I am just wondering how secure the ESF webpage is? If it could happen here.

Best answers
lol
No one will call you a traitor for liking both ESF and DMZ, there is really no grudge... mods are mods, not countries.
I doubt the ESF webpage would get hacked, being on Oktagone, I would think its more secure.

Best answers
yes im am hosted with oktagone esf is really secure against attacks

Best answers
i forgot to add that i just like dbz stuff, insted of sounding like a scared newbie. well thats good to know that nowone will be hacking esf soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dmz did not get hacked

flagrun which is dmz's hosts got hacked

so theres no chance of esf being hacked because no one is trying to hack it :rolleyes:

Best answers
a little off topic on this topic but... what is happening with DMZ? it's been 13 months since the release of 1.7 and they've really haven't had much progress..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They've had LOTS of progress, nice models, new maps, and the bug fixes/new features...just..WOW. When flagrun is fixed, go to the DMZ site and look for the list of changes/fixes, it's HUGE like 200+ lines.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im waitin for the next version of dmz more than i am esf, the first dbz mod of the 2 big ones released, (esf and dmz) i downloaded dmz, i thought the models were pretty bad and the animations even worse, but regardless me and my cousin and asome friends played it via lan and had lots of fun,

i kept seeing the word esf thrown around the dmz forums, and i had no clue what it was, then someone gave me a link,

i saw the site and thought, wow!! another dbz mod, (sarcasm), and i was expecting since i heard of dmz first that it was a cheap knockoff of dmz, i downloaded it and played it for the first time,

and it far far exceeded my expectations,
what i thought was a knockoff of dmz was a completely different style of game, almost a flawless game,

now out of necessity DMZ is gonna hafta do something big to catch up or even make a sound in the dbz mod community, and i presume they know this to,

hey know what they have to do and im eagerly awaiting 1.8 to see what they have done,

it sucks that flagrun was hacked, but maybe thats a reason for them to change hosts, flagrun is just fine, but its went down like this 2 times i can remember, when it stayed down for more than a day,

esf goes down about 50 million times a day, but it usually recovers fairly quickly, and thats understandable, i bet these forums suck up alot of bandwidth

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what are u talking about esf slows down like once a day but it hardly ever actualy goes down

and i remember when dmz was spouting off that 1.8 was gonna be out to compete with 1.0 but then they just stoped talking about it :rolleyes:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just some times i can access the page sometimes i cant, i try again maybe 5 minutes later if it fails, and it works,

when it fails i even hit refresh a few times to no avail, maybe its just my isp, but i figured if it was an isp problem itd never work at all

i hear other people also have this problem occasionally as well,

Best answers
I eagerly await DMZ 1.8 as well. To be honest, I am sick and tired of ESF.

Best answers
well i'm tired of the current ESF, but the advanced melee is gonna get me playing again :)
as for DMZ, i have been waiting since the release of 1.7 for the release of 1.8 since the day they announced what would be in 1.8, but look, Frieza and Broly haven't even been worked on :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think ANYTHING's been worked on. It took them like 10 months before they posted that video of the Vegeta model's attack animations. Granted they looked great but...I don't know. ESF is just way more advanced now--they are going to have to play serious catchup, I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DMZ has had it's steady work load going, but then things happen where the work would speed up then slow down. The main problem with DMZ is the team has a major lack of communication. DMZ 1.8 was fairly impressive where it ended it's main production, it still needs alot of work to compete with the new ESF, but if 1.8 ever does finish it will still be a great DBZ mod, just don't expect it to have the same graphics and gameplay as ESF.

jc

Best answers
ok. i have beef with akira, but dmz is still one of my fave mods (fun getting whipped by aqua-x/fun2killu) but i have no faith of ever seeing 1.8. Akira always has the same bs. "Just code and anims" for so many months now.

The recent signs of activity on the site were bs. The changelist just happens to be from Rob (the coder they had before christmas) and the animations.. well they are not exactly difficult to pull off in a dedicated suite look at ESF's anims O_O. there was a bs post about a radio station and another about some "ideas" (wonder if they have even been looked at by the team since?)

so yeah. as GHP co-leader and coder i must confess that ESF is technically amazing and i bow down and worship the ground its big ass is sat on. For gameplay im still partial to my early dmz1.8 bug fix (essentially 1.7c).

as for the future? i think esf is the only hl/dbz mod full stop.

[edit] although i must admit that some of ices recent work is impressive. i dont want to suggest bad things of dmz or people like una or ice. its just lacking in the communication department. for example dmz got leaked (much laughter followed as people choked on its "quality"). they quickly blamed their newest team member, blocked him, then about 5 weeks like una has no idea why the new coder cant get access O_O... come on >_<.. to make matters worse they were wrong about the leak. now they dont have a shiny new coder. [/edit]

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a LONG time ago i recall ESF getting hacked, i dont actually knnow what happened but someone hacked the main page and posted a rude picture or something like on the main page,.,.,.,.,.,.
has anyone got that picture, i wouldnt mind seeing what these pathetic hackers do in there spare time.,.,.,.

EDIT: JC i know waht you mean, i do have contact with arika over msn, all he has been telling me is that they need a new coder and someone to animate, which is aload of bs i have heard that from months on end,
arika told me, DMZ 1.8 was new release on my birthday in 2002, i waited. one year gone and he is still complaing about people being needed for coding and animations :/ pathetic.,.,.,.

also i read a interveiw with metrotek, he basically told DMZ what he really thought, he said they are never straight when telling the fans about the news, and they dont keep the fans informed enough!

Scruffie

S
TRAITOR! BURN THE FOOLISH ONE!

;)

I noticed this the other day, I thought it was funny. Not because it happened to DMZ, but because it was kinda funny.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oktagone could get hacked I'm sure, with alot of work but it is possible, but a lot of things just aren't worth that much work, and who doesn't love Greg?

Anywho, I always liked both ESF and DMZ almost equally, I liked each of the new things they brought to the Half-life Mod community.

Anyways I'm surprised and glad this hasn't turned into bashing, instead a rather nice discussion of both mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom