DMZ hacked!

Best answers
jc said:
ok. i have beef with akira, but dmz is still one of my fave mods (fun getting whipped by aqua-x/fun2killu) but i have no faith of ever seeing 1.8. Akira always has the same bs. "Just code and anims" for so many months now.

The recent signs of activity on the site were bs. The changelist just happens to be from Rob (the coder they had before christmas) and the animations.. well they are not exactly difficult to pull off in a dedicated suite look at ESF's anims O_O. there was a bs post about a radio station and another about some "ideas" (wonder if they have even been looked at by the team since?)

so yeah. as GHP co-leader and coder i must confess that ESF is technically amazing and i bow down and worship the ground its big ass is sat on. For gameplay im still partial to my early dmz1.8 bug fix (essentially 1.7c).

as for the future? i think esf is the only hl/dbz mod full stop.

[edit] although i must admit that some of ices recent work is impressive. i dont want to suggest bad things of dmz or people like una or ice. its just lacking in the communication department. for example dmz got leaked (much laughter followed as people choked on its "quality"). they quickly blamed their newest team member, blocked him, then about 5 weeks like una has no idea why the new coder cant get access O_O... come on >_<.. to make matters worse they were wrong about the leak. now they dont have a shiny new coder. [/edit]
1.) The code and animations are the only major things left to finish. Maps, sounds, textures, and models are basicly done. And yes, we have active animators right now.

2.) Why does it matter that the code list is old? It's still new news about 1.8 to people.

3.)The raido station was not BS. After a cupple weeks of supplying it, the person hosting it said he coudlnt handle all the traffic.

4.) It's not my job to post every news item. I'm not the only person on the team. My job is to make maps and hire people, not to be the leader, that's Ice's job. I do the updates, partial team coordination, etc, it becuase nobody else does.

5.) I have no idea why you have beef with me.

6.) I could explain more, but I dont have the time nor do I really care. Why put the effort to fight/complain about the development of a free volunteerly created mod as far as to attack it's developers and mock them? This isn't a political war.

7.) It's only a mod. It's made for fun, not to start wars and grudges. From my perspective, the DBZ halflife mods have past their prime and are starting to wind down with the release of Halflife 2, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's been a great 3 years, but people are moving on.

Anyways, the DMZ VS ESF grudge was created by the two communites. The teams respected eachother for the most part. Heck, DMZ and ESF used to even share code. It's a good thing people stopped doing that for the most part. I remember the days of getting death threats. =/

As for the site, our webmaster is repairing the forums and main database and from what I heard, Urberpages (host of Flagrun) is upgrading to better servers.

Best answers
i tink im gona like 1.8, im tinken itl hav somthing fresh that no oter dbz mod has, but that also goes wit my thoughts on 1.2 :D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
definately a healthy competiton going with these 2 mods. expecting really good things from both eventually. with freelance coding it seems finding "free" time was necessary to accomplish what they both have already amazed me with on this perticular engine.

a shame people feel they have to take this measure to prove a point or for whatever reason they had to attack that hosting site.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
me's still chugging away with the 1.8 animations slowly, theres one hell of a hugeh list from it, esf can have shared animations becuase most of the models share equal skeletons (goku's skeleton and animations fit directly with vegetas, ect) unfortunatly, this is not the same for dmz, we have us a hell of alot of chararacters, and they are all totally different sizes and shapes, so the skeletons dont fit wit heachother, although i managed one transfer. this and the painstaking amount of animations for each character makes one biggeh list whitch means we will take some time to get the animations related probbehs done :p

jc

Best answers
Akira714 said:
1.) The code and animations are the only major things left to finish. Maps, sounds, textures, and models are basicly done. And yes, we have active animators right now.
rest my case.

Akira714 said:
2.) Why does it matter that the code list is old? It's still new news about 1.8 to people.
The post was suggestive that this was new progress in the past week or so. I think it is unfair to mislead fans into thinking it is recent progress.

Akira714 said:
3.)The raido station was not BS. After a cupple weeks of supplying it, the person hosting it said he coudlnt handle all the traffic.
the stations wasnt bs, the post was bs. even una suggested it wasnt a real post.

Akira714 said:
4.) It's not my job to post every news item. I'm not the only person on the team. My job is to make maps and hire people, not to be the leader, that's Ice's job. I do the updates, partial team coordination, etc, it becuase nobody else does.
ask a lot of people and they will link dmz and akira 1-to-1. god knows why. its stupid. but for that reason you expect to be blamed. luckily (for you, not for any1 else) this 1-on-1 link prevents several current and ex members of the team from trying to kick you out and run things themselves.

Akira714 said:
5.) I have no idea why you have beef with me.
because if i hear about code updates one more time i will barf all over you.

Akira714 said:
6.) I could explain more, but I dont have the time nor do I really care. Why put the effort to fight/complain about the development of a free volunteerly created mod as far as to attack it's developers and mock them? This isn't a political war.
if u dont care dont post. I care. I post. Im not attacking dmz / its developers or mocking them, i am attacking/mocking you.

Akira714 said:
7.) It's only a mod. It's made for fun, not to start wars and grudges. From my perspective, the DBZ halflife mods have past their prime and are starting to wind down with the release of Halflife 2, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's been a great 3 years, but people are moving on.
so is DMZ moving to HL2 after all, or is that a confession that DMZ is dead?

Akira714 said:
Anyways, the DMZ VS ESF grudge was created by the two communites. The teams respected eachother for the most part. Heck, DMZ and ESF used to even share code. It's a good thing people stopped doing that for the most part. I remember the days of getting death threats. =/
death threats O_O crikey i dont hate you that much update boy.

Akira714 said:
As for the site, our webmaster is repairing the forums and main database and from what I heard, Urberpages (host of Flagrun) is upgrading to better servers.
ya i heard about the 80mb SQL file, that sux ass :(

Best answers
jc said:
rest my case.

The post was suggestive that this was new progress in the past week or so. I think it is unfair to mislead fans into thinking it is recent progress.

the stations wasnt bs, the post was bs. even una suggested it wasnt a real post.

ask a lot of people and they will link dmz and akira 1-to-1. god knows why. its stupid. but for that reason you expect to be blamed. luckily (for you, not for any1 else) this 1-on-1 link prevents several current and ex members of the team from trying to kick you out and run things themselves.

because if i hear about code updates one more time i will barf all over you.

if u dont care dont post. I care. I post. Im not attacking dmz / its developers or mocking them, i am attacking/mocking you.

so is DMZ moving to HL2 after all, or is that a confession that DMZ is dead?

death threats O_O crikey i dont hate you that much update boy.

ya i heard about the 80mb SQL file, that sux ass :(
1.) A news post is a news post. Why dictate on what has to be posted on a page? Also, the post was more then just the radio station.

2.) It's not my fault they link me to DMZ. I'm just one of the people who carries it on. If I sat back like everybody else, there probally wouldn't be a 1.8 in development and the pervious versions would of had alot less.

Yes, blame me for doing more then what im required to do becuase I enjoy the mod.

Nothing is preventing the negitive people to run it themselves. If they dont like somthing they should say it, not spaz out months later. Because attacking people out of the blue is more effective then telling them what they're doing wrong. /sarcasm
Over your whole "flaming me" periord all you did was say stuff like "The team doesnt communicate well" "You talk BS" ,etc. Never backing up the statements with real proof.

It's not easy to communicate with a team that's all over the world. most of them are online at like 3am for me. Alot of them dissapear for months on end, with no contact, note, etc. Im not going to hold their hand through the whole process. I do writeups in team chat stating what needs to be done for each person. If they dont keep up the DMZ bussiness, it's their own fault, not mine.

Also, I dont talk BS, you just assume. Would you like me to create lies and say DMZ's comming out in exactly 3days? That the work we've already done isn't finished? etc. Tell me somthing I BS'ed. Quote me.

3.) I dont even talk to you, none the less talk about code updates to none other but the coders. Plus, I didn't have contact with you for many months before you spazed out.

4.) You are attacking me as a developer.

4.) DMZ is not moving to halflife 2 nor is it dead.

5.) I never said you did the death threats. And stop acting like a smartass

6.) The 80mb SQL was recovered. It takes a while to upload.

Best answers
sry for coming back into my own tread so late in the discussion but if im not mistaken, i did specify that flagrun was hacked, not dmz. sry, i had to clear that up, it made me pissed someone didn't read my post in its full form

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then why the hell did you name it DMZ got hacked? o_O dumbass.......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wacth the flames, Vegetto91. You should know better than to flame like that. Next time, it's a warning. ;/

Flagrun got hacked, i'm sure DMZ will be back. But then again, I never took a look at DMZ, ever.. and I don't plan to. :smile:

Best answers
I am looking forward to advanced melee, but the main reason I am sick of ESF is because it is just ugly. Not the models, but the maps. The maps would be fine if ESF didn't scale the player models down to make the maps seem bigger, the textures get all blocky. And the character's feet never touch the ground!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jimesu_Evil said:
I am looking forward to advanced melee, but the main reason I am sick of ESF is because it is just ugly. Not the models, but the maps. The maps would be fine if ESF didn't scale the player models down to make the maps seem bigger, the textures get all blocky. And the character's feet never touch the ground!
what do you expect? if the player models were at theere original height, then melee would be so impossible. you wouldnt have any room for anything. i dont see anything wrong with the maps, i think they are fine. i really dont go up against the wall and say "omg, the textures are big, how ugly" i just play and everything around me is just an envoirnment for me to smack people into :rolleyes:

Best answers
Yes but after playing it over and over it really hurts my eyes when I look at it. It's like playing Doom on the lowest possible resolution.

Oh yeah, I noticed your location is in California. Congratulations on having Arnold Schwarzenegger as your new governor :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with GundamWind. Just because one mod has more than another doesn't mean the underdog can't gain the upperhand. I also have been watching the progress of DMZ. I also have been playing it sometimes, when ESF crashes and/or I am too lazy to get Gohan's PL to 1,000,000. :p.
@Jimesu: I don't live in California, but I never know Arnold won. Well, congrats as well Californians.

By the way, this is my first post with FULL puncuation. Good on me!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sick of esf o_O I'd rather play esf 10x than DMZ 1.7 but then again 1.8 has some new surprises will see. ^_^
But then again im getting esf 1.2 first! ^_^

Best answers
To be blunt, if you dont like the maps, make them your selves... I think they have done a great job and I know I couldnt do any better using the Half Life Engine (Im a quake 3 map and model maker, currently in a project in making a StarGate mod for Quake 3 Arena, that me and my friends are doing.) but then again would you like to have the maps larger and the characters larger? because if they were, even more people wouldnt be able to play this mod because of system requirements. [ if ya wanna learn to become a quake 3 modder, head over to www.discreet.com ]

Lid

L
as i am bored out of my mind i just decided to come here and say: hi.

jc

Best answers
never give proof, thats another akira statement for you... your like a quick clone or something... i never give proof because i happen to respect the sources of my info. But if you think your so loved then go talk to your team. most of the team members that spaz out and leave do so out of frustration with YOU. Anyway im sick of arguing with you, i have more productive squabbles with my answering machine (it can manage more than 6 different sentences!).

i will publicly retract my criticism when dmz1.8 lands and it is more than a 1.7 bug fix.

i apologize to the mods for the way this post went a little of course. My original post was meant to voice my support for ESF as THE db mod for the hl platform.

Best answers
jc said:
never give proof, thats another akira statement for you... your like a quick clone or something... i never give proof because i happen to respect the sources of my info. But if you think your so loved then go talk to your team. most of the team members that spaz out and leave do so out of frustration with YOU. Anyway im sick of arguing with you, i have more productive squabbles with my answering machine (it can manage more than 6 different sentences!).

i will publicly retract my criticism when dmz1.8 lands and it is more than a 1.7 bug fix.

i apologize to the mods for the way this post went a little of course. My original post was meant to voice my support for ESF as THE db mod for the hl platform.
If you dont back up your statements why say them? Dont go around calling it BS stuff again, it's just a whiny excuse. Only two people on the team spazed out. You and Metrotek. Rob and Kama left becuase other people of the team wern't doing their work and they felt like they were doing everything. Yes, it's my fault that I dont force people to work on a volunteer mod. :rolleyes:

You spazed out and left after being idle for many months and If a remember correctly, Metro wasnt really trusted by the team. If you sick of arguing with me, maybe you should stop going around and flaming me for no real reason other then you blaming me for people's lazyness.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Why is it that any thread that involves DMZ eventually becomes an 'ESF Vs DMZ' thread? That is what this ones becoming (or is already), it started out asking if it was possible for ESF's site to be hacked and now its onto the crappy maps of ESF and an argument over.. I dont know what. o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom