.DEM Files (Recording Your ESF Fights)

Best answers
Does anybody know a program that will change a .DEM file to an MPEG, AVI, WMV, etc...?

I know how to record the action but I need the program so I can make some Music videos and stuff. Thanks.

Best answers
how do you record .dem files to begin with. its a command in console like record something something right?

Best answers
yea the command in console is "start xxxxx.dem" or "record xxxxx.dem" (xxxxx is the name of the demo) i cant remember which. that starts it, and then you stop it buy typing "stop xxxxx.dem" :) But i have no qlew at all how to convert them into .avi or .mpeg, there is a way to do it, but I'm pretty sure you need a converter program to do it.

Best answers
Record (name of demo) works i think, maybe recorddemo but pretty sure its just record, also to stop it you just type stop.

I really wanna be able to show ppl my demos, it sux that the ppl dissappear, u will probably need a converter to change them

Best answers
nah dude they dont dissapear when the movie is playing type thirdperson in console. this had me stumped for a while but i finally figured that it plays in firstperson by default.

But I have a problem, I recorded a video of krillin transforming from the front and when i play it back it doesnt have any of the flash special effects it just plays the sound and thats it ?

any suggestions?

Best answers
oh man, just reading these posts about this stuff gives me crazy ideas and makes me wanna make some vids....but there isnt enough info in this thread yet to help me do it. i hope someone posts in here that actually knows something about this and can answer everyones questions.

*edit* IDEA. hey, when we record these, im assuming we can play them back, right? and if that works im sure we can make the demos and share them with eachother. that way i could make demos of me doing twisties and share them with anyone who wants to see. =)

Best answers
the only way i know of to convert the dem files to movies is to get a program like VideoMach.

when playing your demo in halflife type startmovie xxxxx yy
replace xxxxx with the name of the movie u want and yy with the frames per second u want. when u close the console it will start going slow. this is because its making yy screenshots per second. then just open console to stop it

go into videomach and add all of the screenshot files and then compile it

NOTE this will not have sound as they are just screenshots... this is the only way that A LOT of sites tell u how to do it and the only way that i know how to do it
2nd NOTE depending on the length of video u want, the amount of screenshots take up a LOT of hdd space, make sure u have plenty free...

i have made videos of cs with this, and put music in the background. i had System of a Down - Toxicity playing in my video of CS and i must say the video was fairly FKN COOL

videomach is fairly straightforward and i dont think i hav to explain much more than i did, so happy vids! :D

Best answers
i made a sweet vid of the scene where vegeta gets pi**ed that he cant kill goku and does that lets see wot u got kakarot and in premiere i put those show sound files in and it all looked good with vegeta getting angry and then goku getting worried AND THEN FOR SOME REASON THE INGAME GALIT GUN WENT AT 40x THE SPEED!
'galit gun FIRE" was at the right speed but vegeta charged it in 1 microsecond and then fired and then it went to normal speed with goku firing back... wtf happened>?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom