Define the end of the world....

Best answers
Lol i can see it.

hey mel hook up that planet to the galatic f-150, i want to put it in my back yard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not like a tow truck, it would take an extremly long time to get anywehre. the planet will be towed SOO SLOWWLY that it probably wouldnt move more than .0000001mm in your entire lifetime

Orz

Best answers
I seriously doubt we'll last 500-1000 years. 50-100 is my estimate. We'll either fall victim to global warming or global warfare, either of which will take most of our ecosystem with it and wipe out a lot of innocent species - that's what humanity does best.

Let's not forget the periodic Ice Ages caused by meteor impacts on our planet. Or the mysterious celestial body Nemesis, rumoured to affect periodic changes in our solar system leading to extinction-level events on Earth, not yet proven by science.

The universe has an expiration date. That's the entire universe, the whole thing. The Milky Way has another, our solar system has yet another, and Earth itself has a lifespan. One day the universe will not exist at all. We won't be around by then. Not in any form at all, unfortunately, even if Star Trek becomes a reality.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, we'll last longer than that.
Global Warming isn't going to destroy the planet in 100 years, not even in 500 years. That theory is nearly all hype pressed by die-hard naturalists.
500 years from now people won't even know what coal is, because it is not going to last as an energy source for long. If we want to survive, that is.
Global warfare is another thing, but I don't think we'll be sinking continents with nuclear missiles anytime soon.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe Global Warfare like in the move "The Core"... A weather controling machine!!! :laff:

Best answers
woot My5tIcDrAg0n :/

Anyway to define the end of the world,if we sum it up into four words,it would be The end of everything

I highly doubt we could last for 500-10000 years,but neither will I believe we will die in 50-100 years.It'd be somewhere in the middle.

And for that coal crisis,you could just bug China,it has ubar coal reserves w00t!!

*invades China and takes over a whole coal reserve*

Muahahahahaha!!Geography does pay....:p it sucks

Best answers
o.o uhoh....

But first,you havent answered the question,look up in first post soi-chai....

Best answers
RaVe said:
woot My5tIcDrAg0n :/

Anyway to define the end of the world,if we sum it up into four words,it would be The end of everything
The end of everything on Earth, or the end of the Universe as a whole?

Orz, you speak in a very matter-of-fact way about the Universe's fate. While there is certainly a great deal of evidence to support theories like the "big crunch" they are by no means absolute. Personally I agree with the expansion/contraction model, but it's important to keep in mind the limits of science and human knowledge when explaining such cosmic conundrums.

Orz

Best answers
I'm not assuming that we know everything, but if the universe has a birth, so too it has an end - that is the cycle of life that it imprints upon all of it's children.

Everything that begins must by definition have an end also. This is dangerous philosophical ground, but it has enough scientific background. If the universe truly was born, and so has not been around for 'eternity', then so too it must come to an end.

Best answers
Orz said:
I'm not assuming that we know everything, but if the universe has a birth, so too it has an end - that is the cycle of life that it imprints upon all of it's children.

Everything that begins must by definition have an end also. This is dangerous philosophical ground, but it has enough scientific background. If the universe truly was born, and so has not been around for 'eternity', then so too it must come to an end.
This is a commonly used argument, but as you hinted in your post, "and so has not been around for 'eternity,'" it assumes that our universe did indeed have a beginning. It is often convenient for humans to give things a start and finish, because these concepts are fundamentally entwined with our own finite existence. People find it difficult to "think outside the box" on such matters, and being a race so restricted by time this is hardly surprising. But we shouldn't allow these psychological limitations to lure us into possible false judgements about the universe.

It is possible that the universe has simply always existed and will always exist, or that the process of big bang/big crunch is an infinite phenomenon. Sounds incredulous to human ears I know, but human perspective does not bind the universe.

Best answers
I'm going to answer all them :D
~~~~
The end of world, for me, is when God lets Satan have the world for seven years, and it ends in a ball of fire, as God promised. Then we will all live happily in a land without sin, an entire world based on the Garden of Eden, and nothing will ever go wrong again.

A good guy can only be found based on his intentions. No matter what you do, one guy will find you to be the "bad guy", so that's the only real way to find out. Like, if you kill somebody, are you killing out of spite, or revenge, or to prevent him from hurting others?

The meaning of life is to live.
~~~~
Okay, I'm through answering them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont bring god into this.... that will get someone into an argument that no one can win, one person will say god doenst exist and someone else will say HAVE FAITH!!!.... yea all that bullcrap

anyway, the meaning of life is to immortilize yourself with offspring. so the meaning of life is to have sex. for some reason humans make this hard to do :S

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could say that, but we're not animals.
If that was the meaning of life, we wouldn't have school, work, an economy, and just about most other things in the world today. We'd still be living like cavemen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"The end of the world is when the univence ends"

Thats so narrow minded, we are but one floating pile of rock out of un-countable ones, we are not the only life in this univerce, alot of humans think to highly of themselves, we are but a speck of dust to the univice, the end of the world is when the world, that is earth, dies.

Best answers
slander you got it wrong

its a Galactic Hyperspace BYPASS

i have all the books and the radio series.. god i want to meet douglas adams :p

Best answers
Gee Effigy I figured you knew wut I meant. I got the Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide the other day from Barnes and noble, there was little bios on him and crap, it was cool.anyway when the universe ends I think it will compress into a tiny microscopic little thing and everything in it will DIE MWAHAHAHAA. Anyway, I dont think the Universe will die out anytime soon. but you never know, you know.

Best answers
Effigy said:
i have all the books and the radio series.. god i want to meet douglas adams :p
Heh, it's a shame that he died. The movie will almost certainly not live up to the books' standards without Doug at the Helm.

Best answers
Pain said:
dont bring god into this.... that will get someone into an argument that no one can win, one person will say god doenst exist and someone else will say HAVE FAITH!!!.... yea all that bullcrap
I was stating what I believe. You don't have to challenge it, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom