Define the end of the world....

Best answers
Slander said:
Gee Effigy I figured you knew wut I meant. I got the Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide the other day from Barnes and noble, there was little bios on him and crap, it was cool.anyway when the universe ends I think it will compress into a tiny microscopic little thing and everything in it will DIE MWAHAHAHAA. Anyway, I dont think the Universe will die out anytime soon. but you never know, you know.
i think u are talking about a star turning into a black hole after a supernova. the universe cannot be changed/destroyed because there is no matter to be changed/destroyed. allthough all the planets and stars can be destroyed because they are made of matter and can be destroyed/converted into another form of matter. so the universe ( all the space out there) cant be destroyed.

i doubt the human race will fall victim to natures ways ( i.e commet, asterior, global warming etc. ). I think that us humans will cause the extermination of all life on earth.
as many of yous know the united states of america have the nuclear power to vaporise the plannet 7 times. Lets just hope that a trigger happy / war hungry president doesnt get into power...

Best answers
eaz135 said:
as many of yous know the united states of america have the nuclear power to vaporise the plannet 7 times
Actually, the combined might of the world's nuclear arsenal would barely make a dent in this planet, but it would devestate all life on the surface (with maybe some exceptions).

Best answers
I intend to live forever MWAHAHAHA

but seriously end of the world for me is wen SOL desides it wants to go nova

Best answers
Death Biscuit the statement i used about them being able to vapporize the planet 7 times was taken straight from a news report on tv a while ago. i dont think u understand how many nuclear weapons the usa has. they have nuclear silos scattered all over the continent. they have nuclear armed deep-sea submarines in every ocean in the world waiting to retailiate if some1 attacked the usa. should i go on ? and if u are bassing the power of a nuclear weapon on the blast of hiroshima dont.. compared to the nuclear weapons of today the atomic bomb droped on hiroshima is nothing more than a toy now.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its more likely that we kill the planet, than it dying naturally.

Best answers
eaz135 said:
Death Biscuit the statement i used about them being able to vapporize the planet 7 times was taken straight from a news report on tv a while ago. i dont think u understand how many nuclear weapons the usa has. they have nuclear silos scattered all over the continent. they have nuclear armed deep-sea submarines in every ocean in the world waiting to retailiate if some1 attacked the usa. should i go on ? and if u are bassing the power of a nuclear weapon on the blast of hiroshima dont.. compared to the nuclear weapons of today the atomic bomb droped on hiroshima is nothing more than a toy now.
Then the news report was poorly researched, and most likely bought into the often-sensationalised myth that nuclear weapons are capable of destroying the planet many times over. This false assumption is probably a legacy of the cold war era, where fears of nuclear armageddon were hyped up by protestors and cynics of nuclear weaponry: a scary thought to frighten the "duck and cover" generation. I am fully aware of America's nuclear might; about 40 000 nuclear warheads exist in the world of which America controls maybe a third. But the Earth is huge and the crust is thick, about 30 miles at most. The mantle is over a thousand miles thick.

You shouldn't overestimate the power of nuclear weapons, even the big 1 MT+ warheads that make up a large portion of America and Russia's arsenal. Awesome though these weapons are, in the greater scheme of things they don't actually do that much physical damage, especially when you take into account how massive the Earth truly is, and how much energy is required to seriously affect it. The actual impacts would be like thousands of pinpricks to the crust, creating a lot of little pockmarks, but little more than superficial wounds at the end of the day.

The real danger of nuclear weapons is what we associate with the after affects, such as the radioactive fallout, changes to the ecosystem and so on: the so-called "nuclear winter." Indeed, some scientists even speculate that the idea of nuclear winter itself is overly hyped, although I'm not sure I'm fully convinced by their arguments.

Remember as well that asteroids have struck our planet in the past with far more power than all our nuclear weapons combined; the infamous asteroid impact that supposedly wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago had a yield of more than 100 million megatons (some sources claim as high as 1 billion megatons or 1 petaton). The total yield of all our nuclear weapons amounts to about 30 000 megatons. So, that asteroid impact alone had the equivalent power of more than 3300 full-scale nuclear wars with our weapons. It devastated the surface, blanketed the atmosphere and caused the extinction of more than 80 percent of all life, and yet the crater it left is only 200 kilometres wide. . . .

It's also possible that you misinterpreted the report, or have included the word vaporised because you forgot what term was originally used. You also have to remember that when somebody says "destroy the world" they might not necessarily mean to annihilate the planet completely; what they're probably implying is the devastation of the planet's surface.

Bolteh2

B
end of the world is when US (or by than anotehr nation that has gained too much power to handle) nukes the world

and im pretty sure that will happen

Best answers
Here is another theory... (mind you, it is just a theory)

When our sun begins to die, it will grow much larger and become a red dwarf. This will cause it to burn up mercury and scorch the surface of our planet. Eventually it will explode. If the planet survives the scorching I highly doubt that it will survive our sun exploding. Even if it does, there will no longer be any heat or light left for our world and plus we will have a collapsed star (black hole) pretty close to earth. Since we have no idea of the magnitude of power that a black hole has (besides that it is VERY strong), we will not be able to say if its gravity will affect the planet (if its still left, that is) but then again, it is just a theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom