Define the end of the world....

Best answers
Topic says it all,we surely dont know some say its when all humans die,some say when there is total peace,some say they don't know.Now's your chance to post what you think the end of the world is

And for those off-topicers,if you can answer this question then you can post a bit off-topic : How do you define a good guy??

Thinking about it,the good guy thinks the other person is the bad guy.On the other hand,the bad guys thinks that they are the good guys etc. You get the idea.

So,define it,or define the meaning of life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well my definition of the end of the world is just that, the end of the world. When the earth is destroyed, or no longer can sustain life, then the world has ended.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The end for me will be I HOPE that when everything is destroy that we can be transported to a land of peace that's if there's a god.Like heaven we can live happily ever :D .Everytime I go to bed and knowing that one day im gonna die makes me think.

Best answers
i'm kinda curious what it's like to die, and then again i'm not O_O. End of the World for me, is the end of my life.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends on your definition of "world", really.
I would say it is when the Earth is no longer able to sustain human life, or when all humans are destroyed.
Some would say when the entire universe is destroyed, some would say when all life on Earth is destroyed, it all depends.
You would probably call someone that helps you, is kind to you, or on your side of something, a "good guy". Life isn't like video games and television, there isn't a "good" side, and an "evil" side.
As far as we need to know, the meaning of life is to live.

Orz

Best answers
Eventually, the universe is going to die, or at least compress to a point so small it's practically non-existent. I think this qualifies as the end of the world, really. Even when Sol, gigantic and dying, absorbs Earth and the rest of our solar system, there will still be 'worlds' out there. But nothing can escape the relentless cosmological forces that will eventually bring an end to all existence. Kind of depressing, isn't it?

Best answers
True that,when there's a start there's always an end

and as for the meaning of life....yeah I'd really have to agree that we have to live,but exactly what purpose do we have,to die? I really wish there was a very clear definition of life.

But yeah,an inevitability that we all know: The end. There's no point in fighting it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Our purpose isn't death, our end is.
I would say our purpose is to do your best in any way you can to make the lives of others better, and to advance your race.

Best answers
You people wanna know how the world ends? The answer to Life, the Universe and everything? Well then I suggest you pick up a excellant book called Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Probably one of the best, if not the best book I've read in my life, not to mention hilarious.
But anyway, I think that the Earth will come to an end LONG before the universe implodes. And when the Earth does die, I believe it will either be from our cause or some Asteroid, or it could also be the Vogans destroying the Earth so they could build an Interspace Galactic Highway in its path.

Best answers
lol, the end of earth, to me, is just......... being dead, but if you believe in reïncarnation, you just might be the lucky one to live on.

Best answers
um to me its the end of life as we know it. Meaning if we find life on another planet or expand the human race to another planet and all life on earth is anihilated some how its still not the end because there is other life that we know of.

Best answers
I think its like well when you die you are like sleeping but dead you know when you sleep you have no control over yourself until you wake up but its never ending! AHHH are you afraid of death? I AM!

Orz

Best answers
According to famous psychic and medium John Edward, the dead fly around his head telling him about how important is to keep up with your schoolwork! An alternative, less insane belief is that we all turn into flying people and live in the clouds. Or we might just reincarnate and come back as plankton, which poses a problem when the universe no longer exists, because we'll have to come back as a tiny particles of dark matter. There's always the chance we get lucky and hit Nirvana, thus erasing our individuality forever (and incidentally clearing up all those gambling debts).

I think that it's safe to say that whatever happens when the bus mistakes you for a sign marked 'Park Bus Here', it's something completely different to what we know now. Even if that's oblivion. But on the bright side, if you don't exist you'll never have existed to know that you'll cease existing, and thusly they'll all cancel each other out. I'm not sure whether this means you spend eternity in peace or come back as a brain-hungry zombie.

Best answers
Slander said:
You people wanna know how the world ends? The answer to Life, the Universe and everything? Well then I suggest you pick up a excellant book called Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Probably one of the best, if not the best book I've read in my life, not to mention hilarious.
OMG, you read that also? That was definately one of the funniest things ive ever read. So according to this, the answer to life is 42 :laff:
Anyways, in my opinion, the end of the "world" is when there is no life ANYWHERE. not just on earth. With an endless universe (well who knows) there's got to be other life..

Best answers
In my experience, when most people refer to the "end of the world," what they actually mean is the end of advanced human civilisation (I say this from a western perspective, of course).

You see, for most westerners, the modern society around us has become so fundamentaly integrated into our existence as whole that to lose it would be a disaster comparable only to the "end of the world."

As for the question of what makes somebody good/bad . . . entirely subjective. I would say it mostly depends on the values impressed upon you from your family, peers, religion, culture etc. Very few things are as black and white in this world as many people would like to believe.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I die, I don't want to turn into a ghost and have to fly around talking to phychics (or the ones that claim to be), lol.
I just assume when you die, it's like how it is before you were born. Nothing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i saw on the discovery channel once that our galaxy is going to collide with another galaxy. even if we manage to get off earth before the sun goes nova, eventualy we will cease to be.

Best answers
ummm you do know that the sun wont go supernova for like another billion years right?I would hope humans would have left earth by than.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we will probably destroy ourselfs with a new type of mass destruction weapon sometime in the future (5000 - 10000 years)

if were stil alive by the time the sun goes nova, (which is suposedly as adhorsen said, an extremly long time, more than a billion i think) and we havent towed the earth to a safe spot(saw that on discorvery channel also, its possible!!), or found another compatible planet. there is no way we could get out of the galaxy. therefore when our galaxy hits the other one (which is far longer than a billion, perhaps a few dozen trillion, but it will eventually happen) we will either be flung into the emptiness of space (cuz our position in the galaxy in on one of the "arms") or drawn into the center of the galactic mesh. either one would have a side affect of our race being destroyed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that's probably how we're going to end humanity. 500 years from now we blow up the planet with World War 4 or something.
The sun isn't going to run out of energy for about 6 billion years, we have plenty of time to worry about that happening. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom