Death of Nintendo?

Sony PSP vs. Nintendo 'Dual Screen.' Which will win?

• Sony's PSP. Duh. Have you seen it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Games from two perspectives! Replayability, switching attention! DS! Yay! *twirls around*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As you guys may or may not know, the only thing really keeping Nintendo afloat at this point is their utter domination in the hand-held console business, as well as their crappy Pokemon games, and horrible sequels of once-classic games.

In order to avoid flames, I'll leave "which" sequels are terrible to your imaginations. You can think I'm talking about StarWars clones if you like, because you really can't argue there.

With the Sony PSP coming out, (which, no offense to Nintendo fanboys) looks FAR better than the "Nintendo Dual-Screen" *snicker*, Nintendo's reign in the handheld console business will be directly challenged.

Sony's PSP versus the Nintendo 'Dual Screen.'

If Nintendo loses this battle, it's quite possibly the end of a once proud gaming giant, crashing down to the ground because of too much of a conservative outlook, paranoia about piracy, and too strict guidelines in the censoring of their games to control their systems target demographic.

When this battle is fought, PSP vs DS, which do you think will win?

Best answers
It will be nearly a crime what Sony does to Nintendo. Two Screens. No Reason.

Best answers
It depends. I don't know enough about the PSP to say but the DS should put up a good fight in my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they wont die. Gameboy SP is stil a big thing. And nintendo is doing a legend of zelda: ocerina of time remake, which will more then likly keep them afloat. They jut wont die, but the other consoles are kickin the crap out of the gamecube [online play:D]. But nintendo will hold out.

Best answers
The Sony PSP is as powerful as, and is easier to develop for than the PS2. Imagine that hand-held. You know, they have a term for that. It's called, win. Let's just be honest with ourselves.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there will likely be another nintendo console system in the future, besides that one, with mcrosoft and sony both working on thier next xonsoles itd b stupid of them not to do the same,

though they havent announced that hey are working on a "gamecube 2" i just dont think theyd make that mistake, theyve released a new system soon after the psx (n64) and the ps2 (gamecube) i doubt theyd completely drop consoles off thier chart,

if they dont have another console coming to compete with microsofts and sonys new systems, then they are dead, handheld gaming isnt enough to keep a videogame company afloat

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have always been a diehard fan of Nintendo. I can't explain the connection between us. I don't really have anything against the other system either (besides Xbox, but Ill keep this clean). It's like trying to explain "why do you love your parents?" You just do.

But when it comes to this Dual Screen business. I just don't see how that's going to compare to anything Sony puts out. I guess only time will tell.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Nintendo should be able to hold out. They always have. But if they lose, Sony just dominates another market until they get acquired by Microsoft.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm expecting Nintendo to announce their halting of producing console systems and become a 3rd party software developer, just like Sega did.

Then it will be Sony vs. Microsoft, which will be an eternal stalemate--

Because people prefer Sony, but Microsoft doesn't actually need money.

Best answers
Well Nintendo seems to love resisting change or just being difficult since the N64. Its always seemed to me that Nintendo was about making good games and money where Sony is about getting as many people to sign with them as possible so they can pump out as many games as possible making as much money as they can.

If Nintendo doesn't stop ****ing around they will end up like the once proud Sega. Its sad really that these huge greedy companies need to own everything.

Best answers
nuttzy said:
there will likely be another nintendo console system in the future, besides that one, with mcrosoft and sony both working on thier next xonsoles itd b stupid of them not to do the same,

though they havent announced that hey are working on a "gamecube 2" i just dont think theyd make that mistake, theyve released a new system soon after the psx (n64) and the ps2 (gamecube) i doubt theyd completely drop consoles off thier chart,

if they dont have another console coming to compete with microsofts and sonys new systems, then they are dead, handheld gaming isnt enough to keep a videogame company afloat
The problem with that is though, nuttzy, is that the debate is concerned with the handheld platforms that are coming out. Nintendo has already admitted that they aren't competing with Sony in that field, because they won't be able to. They're just relying on a two screen gimmick and praying. But hey, don't take my word for it.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/492/492253p1.html?fromint=1

Read the bottom paragraph. You tell me.

Best answers
nuttzy said:
The N5, (i think) is the next console.
Nintendo won't die, and I don't see why 2 screens is considered a bad thing. When the ocarina of time remake is made that will help a lot. I like nintendo because they're all about the games. They have some great stuff lined up this year, but if only they had have had it last year because they're really behind, especially in the online department.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont consider handhelds as consoles, i consider them handhelds, i consider consoles consoles, nintendos going to need more than a handheld to keep up

and i find that last sentance in that article a bad omen, say goodbye to mario

Best answers
The difference between Sega and Nintendo is Nintendo has never been in billions of dollars in debt, which is the main reason (and the passing of their president) that they became a 3rd party developer. When Nintendo announces that they are in half the debt that Sega was in then I would say it's time to worry.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony is going to win. Dual screen... can someone please tell me why? Anyways, Sony has always made a quality product. The only console I have is a PS2, and the ONLY reason I'd ever get a gamecube is for that damn Naruto game. The best Console that nintendo ever made was the SuperNintendo, it all went downhill after that.

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Sony is going to win. Dual screen... can someone please tell me why?
I only know one reason. Say you're playing something like zelda and one screen displays link, the other displays the map. I know that isn't that good of a reason, but there has to be more, why would they do it if you can only use one screen? I think a lot of people underestimate nintendo because they made some mistakes.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super_vegito34 said:
I only know one reason. Say you're playing something like zelda and one screen displays link, the other displays the map. I know that isn't that good of a reason, but there has to be more, why would they do it if you can only use one screen? I think a lot of people underestimate nintendo because they made some mistakes.
No, a lot of people underestimate Nintendo because they fail to compete in the NextGen console race. They are so behind the Xbox and PS2 in terms of popularity and sales, that they may as well stop competing all together.

The PSP vs the DS, who knows for now, but if it's anything like the PS2 vs Gamecube, look out for a landslide folks... landslide.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
No, a lot of people underestimate Nintendo because they fail to compete in the NextGen console race.
Yeah, because of their mistakes: releasing shi**ty games at first for the gamecube, waiting too long to go online, etc.

Best answers
PSP is gonna rock the handheld gaming world , Nintendo move over there is a new horse in town >_>

Best answers
my friends uncle is like the co mananger of the nintendo company and he says they will survive because they got some "secret" commin out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom