Dead or Alive Ultimate

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not as good as DOA3. =\ Legend and I play online. It's fun, but kind of laggy. You live in the Netherlands, don't you? Most of the people who play are in the US, but there are some Japanese people. You most likely will get a lot of lag if you're playing from Holland.

Retired
Best answers
hmm too bad, however i'm still gonna get it because I don't have a beat 'em up yet (yes sad I know ;)). so I just want to get that and it's a bonus that it has online features.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They removed several characters from DOA3, and added one terrible one named Tengu. The graphics are a little better, but DOAU is missing numerous moves that were added in DOA3. Especially "hit-em-while-they're-down" moves, mid-air throws/combos. They added more costumes, which is nice. It's the 'ultimate' version of DOA2. They could've easily made the ultimate version of DOA3, but oh well..

Best answers
One more question alea, even if it's not better then 2 do you think its still worth buying or would you say its worth more as a rental and does it get boring quick or what?

Best answers
Itagaki just wanted all of his games onto Xbox. Also alot of things are missing because its Dead or Alive 2, and not 3. Itagaki hasn't said anything about making DOA3 online though, but I don't want to play the unfinished DOA3 I want to play DOA3.1 or DOA3.2, everyone has better frame advantage on DOA3. Its more in depth like how tekken is.

In DOA 2 there is no wall game, but you have slope moves, and the new countering system which gives a great amount of depth, but not as much as DOA3 had even though the moves in DOA3 are sort of easier to pull off in a way if you look at it like that. In DOA 2 Tengu was originally already there, well in the Hardcore version is when they made him selectable, but either then that they also added Hitomi well ported her over from DOA 3. Itagaki was the one who wanted Hitomi to come over because he "likes" her more. I personally like Christy more, but it would've been best to put the top tier character Hayate in there since Ein who is Hayate realizes who he is when you beat him, and becomes Hayate well announces who he is, but instead he wanted Christy.

However yes playing from Europe would be really hard for you, but there are alot of Europe players that are on I am sure you would be able to find alot of good games with people.

Anyway heres a site you could go to to further help you find out more about DOA.

http://www.doacentral.com/ A big community of DOA fans.

Btw on Xbox Live my tag is Perfect Legend, so you could find me on there if you want a game, or something, or want some pointers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom