[DBS] Chibi Gohan

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks pretty good, but sthe length and thickness of the neck are screwing up what would otherwise be a fantastic gohan model. ^^;
Make the neck smaller from the front and side views, and shorten it some and that'll be a pretty spot on job

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Biceps and forearms seem a little big for the hands...

And the crotch bothers me.

Great model otherwise.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Man, that body looks REALLY familiar, but I can't place it.....hmmm, hopefully I will think of it soon :).

Otherwise, it doesn't really look a lot like Gohan, more like a scaled down Yamcha or something. You should definately fix the needle fingers and the neck and just the overal proportions in general, they look all....uck. Also a human couldn't really stand like that without some serious fracutures in his shin somewhere...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ReCkOninG of FirE said:
Some of you may already have seen this at the DBS forums but I need some more comments :) Its chibi gohan from eary in the saiyan saga in Goku's outfit!

Clicky for wires :)

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled2zo2.jpg

Thanks in advance ^^
Gohans muscles weren't defined that much around the Saiyan saga plus they were skinnier. His head bothers me since it makes Gohan look older than he really is at that time.

Other than that it's a really good model. Keep up the good work!

Best answers
the proportions are looking screwed up...
sry but he looks like minime if ya know what i mean >_O

Best answers
Eclipse said:
Man, that body looks REALLY familiar, but I can't place it.....hmmm, hopefully I will think of it soon :).QUOTE]

I think you mean NeD' goku body?Atleast that's what it reminds me of.He didn't rip or clone it,i'm completly sure of that.I agree with MC about the face looking to old.I think it could be fixed when he skins big eyes on it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he's ment to be o_O he's a kid in this model

Its a nice model, but most of the others have pointed out where you're going wrong (especially the neck thing), If i were u i'd also make his crotch come to more of a point not so far apart if u get what i mean, the belt looks a bit... odd too, think about gravity, a cloth belt wudnt be in that shape.

Keep it up man :yes:

Best answers
His head looks too big, and he looks a little fat or too small. But else a great model. Keep it up.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like some said, the proportions are a little weird...
First the neck is too long, arm muscles are WAY too defined for a kid, hands too small, and maybe make the head a little smaller.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ReCkOninG of FirE said:
Some of you may already have seen this at the DBS forums but I need some more comments :) Its chibi gohan from eary in the saiyan saga in Goku's outfit!

Clicky for wires :)

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled2zo2.jpg

Thanks in advance ^^
His head is pretty Humogous, your starting to make him look like Gotenks, your giving gohan muscles he never had as a kid.

Best answers
One more thing, hi had Piccolo's symbol on his outfit not master Roshi's.

Otherwise, good model.:yes:

Best answers
yopyop said:
the proportions are looking screwed up...
sry but he looks like minime if ya know what i mean >_O
So far everyone has given me constructive comments on to how to improove him, except for you, so don't bother posting if you're just gonna go something along the lines of "yeah hes all screwed up, looks like a dwarf". Well duh the model obviously isn't finished yet, thats why I post here, its sometimes hard to tell whats wrong with the model when you've been staring at it for 6 hours

Seriously thanks everyone for the critz, no I didn't rip or anything, besides NED's goku looks nothing like my gohan's body. I'll see if I can fix him up a bit.

edit: umm guys is this any better? if someone is kind enough, a drawover would be nice :)

Best answers
Sure thing

Oh and guys, with the eyes, I can't really get them like innocent gohan, beacuse his face has to be as neutral as possible so when he's ingame, he can be angry and innocent cute at teh same time, so its kind of hard to get his face to look completely right, hopefully I'll get some animated shots soon :)

Best answers
I think, everything looks ok, except for his muscles.They should be smaller.(In anime episodes, he had almost no muscles)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
You shouldn't copy NeD's Goku skin style, try to be more original

Your skin looks like you tried to clone every aspect of Ned's skin. ;/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you serial? They look nothing alike ;o

Looks good man, and yea, the skin does look familiar, but that's probably because we see so much of that outfit, seeing as how 5 of the dbz charactesr wear similar outfits, they all start to look the same.

Howeva, I have a crit on the map layout. The map layout is pretty poor, the belt and armbands, being a very small part of the model, shouldn't take up well over 25% of the map, you could easily fit the whole model on one 512x512 or one 384x384 map [if size is a concern] and get just as much [if not more] detail as you have with the 2 separate maps. So my suggestion is, for future reference, make the more significant parts of the model larger on the map to achieve greater detail, and the more insignificant parts of the model a smaller area on the map.

Best answers
Eclipse said:
Man, that body looks REALLY familiar, but I can't place it.....hmmm, hopefully I will think of it soon :).
are you refering to the krillen model ravenblade skinned>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom