Dawn of the Dead (read at own risk, spoilers)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I just saw it, and I thought it was a great movie! As far as zombie horror movies go, this was one of the better ones, a bit more unique than the rest. It was funny at the right times, serious when it needed to be, and it had fast zombies (far superior to the slow zombies). Wasn't as predictable as I thought it would be. I think it's the best horror movie I've seen in a while, allthough I haven't seen 28 days later yet. My opinion is that it's worth the $7.50 to go see it. Allthough be wary of ****farmers that flap their mouths throughout the entire film, thinking they're witty.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want to see this movie, I am obsessed w/ zombie movies (Cuz like, if zombies were real, that'd be my ultimate fear | Zombies > (Giant) Spiders)

Anyways, yeah it looks good, and I remember seeing on MTV, that chubby dude who loves classic rock, he was trying for a zombie part in the movie (they made him up and he did a scene n stuff).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thoughted the movie sucked, didn't follow the first one at all. It was like Resident Evil: The Movie. More action that horror.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh... how can it follow the first one? The original Night of the living dead started and ended without explanation, not like there were any Cliff hangers to fulfill.
More action than horror? I disagree with that. The only action that was in the movie, involved the killing of zombies, which is usually required in a zombie movie. It's not like they shot at the zombies and suddenly they dodged the bullets while the camera panned around them. There were two dramatic explosions that took up about a total of 10 seconds of the entire film, the rest was the regular shannanigans those silly zombies pull. I'll say that there is more action than normal zombie movies, but that doesn't make it bad, it had enough action, and enough horror. What made resident evil bad, is that it wasn't scary at all, and it was just horribly done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sierra Sonic said:
I thoughted the movie sucked, didn't follow the first one at all. It was like Resident Evil: The Movie. More action that horror.

Resident Evil pwnz >:O

and are horror movies not allowed to have an uneven balance between horror and action?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My friend saw it last night. He said it was very good. I'll probably be going to see it sometime this weekend or next week. As far as spoilers go, I don't really care. But if this thread was about a movie based off of Dragonball Z or Naruto, then I'd kick your ass, Phat. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a big spoiler but I still don't want to ruin it for anyone, most people end up posting the spoilers without warning :/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ewe I'm scared of scary movies ><

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i saw it yesterday. It was pretty sweet. Funny at some parts, and scarey at teh other. The ending was kina messed up though.. *about to post spoilers... *

At the end was messed up.. got to teh island thinking they escaped, and the island was full of zombies lol ROAR!

Best answers
Resident Evil Sucked????? Mila Jovovich alone makes the movie worth watching.
Story could have been better though.

Is Dawn of the Dead better then 28 days later? Anyone whose seen both?

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I thought it pwned 28 Days Later.
I loved it. All teh dead people and explosions and guns and boobies.
/me orgasms

Best answers
So would you rather they refilmed the movie to the letter? I mean this is totally different from RE. RE is a video game. The source material for the RE Movie was on a different medium so transfering it to the new media (a la film) required that the story be the same. (For n00bs to the series and what not)

...And then you have Dawn of the Dead. A decent MOVIE, but a movie none the less. It was a remake where RE was not.

You cannot even compare the 2 as one is a remake with a new story, and one is suppose to be the film version of a game. As zombie movies or movies in general this one pwn's RE.

...and as far as it's comparison to 28 days later. I thought this was much more entertaining. 28 days can't even really be considered a horror movie. It wasn't scary, (though Dawn wasn't really that much either) and it seemed to focus on character's while not developing them at all. Not to mention plot wise, it was pretty lame.

Dawn kind of slows at the mid section but the last half-hour is intense.

Best answers
It was pretty good. Pretty funny at times too. The ending is pretty good too. There isn't anything good in the theaters now anyway, so you might as well see this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom