Custom Model System

Best answers
I was thinking- we have HECKA custom models for ESF, just look at this place!
There's got to be a better way to manage changing models, perhaps even in-game.

So here's my suggestion: build in a model-changing system for ESF, so that when ur ingame, not only can you see the custom model you've picked, but everyone else can too.
Now, this wouldn't be too difficult to do, there would have to be one server out there with a list of all the custom models the game supports, and what classes are allowed to use each one. This server would simply index the models- the actual .mdl's would be stored on their respective servers.
When one installs the game the install package the user could choose to Install Custom Models, and then they would download all the necessary models from the "Models Server." (EDIT: the request would be sent to the "Models Server" and in turn that server would upload the models to that computer.) Those who choose to not install custom models would only have to replace their standard models the old-fashioned way!
Then, before game, in their Customize options, they could indicate what models they would like to use in-game. Simple eh?

No... ok.

Well until then, SCRIPTS!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i dunno if it works on steam but on won if you have model lock off you can change your model in the console

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom