Curses be!(Guitar Discussion inside!)

Best answers
I just took a shower and my fingers are all pruney.... so now I can't play my guitar, cuz it hurts to pick :'(

Sucks...

Best answers
Uhh... Okay then. I guess just wait a while for them to err... Un prune? Yeah, unprune. Not to be mean, but this thread is kinda pointless.

Best answers
Yeah, I know... Should probably be closed, and I be repremanded for spam, but I wasn't thinking at the time of postage ;o

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't it amazing how you can delete your own posts. I know. Awsome invention, I do it alot so I don't get a warning.

But how is it hard to pick... with a.... a pick. I mean, unless you use your fingers, I don't know many people who do.

They're just wrinkled fingers >.> Big whoop.

Best answers
Nope. It's a guitar. I just don't like picking with picks, I prefer to use my thumb...

I can't pick with my thumb, though, cuz it's pruney... thus awkward, and painful.... the latter being mainly because I burnt my thumb in welding class a couple of days ago... the water made it puffy...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Nope. It's a guitar. I just don't like picking with picks, I prefer to use my thumb...

I can't pick with my thumb, though, cuz it's pruney... thus awkward, and painful.... the latter being mainly because I burnt my thumb in welding class a couple of days ago... the water made it puffy...
a bass is a guitar >.> hence Bass Guitar.

I don't see how anyone can pick guitar strings with their fingers, unless your nails are really long, i don't see how they do it. I prefer heavy picks.

Best answers
You can do it, I have once, I like it over the pick sometimes because I have better control over the plucking than with the pick, and no, i dont have long fingernails.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only problem i have with pruned fingers is your fret hand being non-lubricated and sticking to the strings, well if you like double-tapping/two-handed tapping it could be a problem that way to

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
a bass is a guitar >.> hence Bass Guitar.

I don't see how anyone can pick guitar strings with their fingers, unless your nails are really long, i don't see how they do it. I prefer heavy picks.
Ok, it was just a REGULAR, electric guitar. Not a bass.... I don't think...

And actually, no, my finger nails are bitten to the quick. I use the tip and outside edge of my thumb to pick... I can't stand to use a regular pick, mainly cuz I tend to miss with it..

And WS, a welding torch hurts more than a glue gun...... Trust me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I keep my fingernails super short, in fact I hate having them long when i'm fingerpicking, it feels so awkward. They always catch the string above what i'm picking or something like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
example me:
I play guitar with my fingers and i dont have long nails anymore...
when i played classic music i had to get long nails but it was so hardcore to live with em.

now i just stoped classic music and now i play my old russian great songs on my guitar :)

nway poor you wolf... but if you play regular then even a shower can hurt ur finger tips of playing guitar.. cuz then you get such a new skin on em (dunno how it calsl in english) wich are only falling down when you take the skin urself of... or you wont play guitar along time and then you go swimming somewhere.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Yeah, I know... Should probably be closed, and I be repremanded for spam, but I wasn't thinking at the time of postage ;o
We could lock it away and hide it from society, or we can rehabilitate it into a fully functioning thread in these forums. Title edited, no closure needed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I play with a pick. It's just my prefrence i suppose. I keep my nails short on purpose though. I also don't see how anyone can do chords with long nails. power chords sure, but chords... meh.

what are some of your favorite songs to play? I loooooove playing narutos "bunta" and Disturbeds mistress, and forgiven's guitar solo :eek:)

Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Ok, it was just a REGULAR, electric guitar. Not a bass.... I don't think...

And actually, no, my finger nails are bitten to the quick. I use the tip and outside edge of my thumb to pick... I can't stand to use a regular pick, mainly cuz I tend to miss with it..

And WS, a welding torch hurts more than a glue gun...... Trust me.
ITS A HEAT GUN!!! and yes, i know a welding torch hurts like hell, if it melts steel and aluminum pieces together than im sure its hot.

Best answers
<3 to Deman! He is... De Man!

@ WS: From now on, I'm call you WSkey... or Wiskey... K? That aside, the Punisher DID say that it was too hot to feel it, though... I know a guy who actually stuck a welding flame to his bicep, though...

@ Firefly: I do not play yet. I'm practicing fretting with Michael Angelo's Speed Lives Exercises. I'm a total noob.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
<3 to Deman! He is... De Man!

@ WS: From now on, I'm call you WSkey... or Wiskey... K? That aside, the Punisher DID say that it was too hot to feel it, though... I know a guy who actually stuck a welding flame to his bicep, though...

@ Firefly: I do not play yet. I'm practicing fretting with Michael Angelo's Speed Lives Exercises. I'm a total noob.
Did you just call me Firefly? o.o lmao!

That's so freaking funny!

Anywho. I have been playing guitar for over 5 years, and i have to say I've learned more from going to a teacher than teaching myself. Just a heads up :)

Best answers
... Yes...... Yes I did...

I mixed you up with somebody else...

Anyways, I'm going to be taking a guitar course in febuary... We actually can get a credit at my school for playing guitar! ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
what are some of your favorite songs to play?
My #1 favourite song to play would be "Always With Me, Always With You" by Joe Satriani. I also love to play the little lick from Steve Vai's "Eugene's Trick Bag" that's based off of Paganini's 5th caprice.

Wolf Devil said:
Anyways, I'm going to be taking a guitar course in febuary... We actually can get a credit at my school for playing guitar! ^_^
My school has a similar class called Music Composition. Our teacher teaches a choir class in the same block, so he's never around. Plus he just doesn't even give us work. So we just get to sit around and jam, and come report cards we still get 80%. I love that class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom