Curses be!(Guitar Discussion inside!)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

$500 guitar, got it for $325 (brand new). Floyd Rose Trem ftw!

Best answers
Does it really matter whether or not I use a pick? I'm rather comfortable with my thumb.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
How fast can you pick with your thumb?
and how crisp can you make the notes sound?

for a comparible difference to thumb vs plectrum picking styles. listen to dire straits - sultans of swing (thumb) and then racer-x - technical difficulties (pick).

Galst Vic said:
now how about one of you holding it?

ill post a pic of me + my 4 guitars later =x

and kurt. that guitar is fkn sexy, i love the flame maple finish =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh for god's sake, don't call it a plectrum!

That is a good way to see the difference between styles. Also a good way to see the difference between metal fans and music fans; one of those two is a song, written to be amusing and pleasing to the ear of a listener; the other one is a scale-trotting series of Berklee guitar teacher's exercises strung together in the most difficult combinations of string skipping, harmonic dives, and as far as I see it, it's basically jerkfest written to impress and/or humiliate other guitar players--like all guitar players under the influence of metal mania.

There's also a saying someone once said to me. Two, actually, but the second is not suitable for these boards. The first is though, and it comes from Keith Richards: "Those metal guys, they only play so many notes because they can't find the right ones."

I only have one guitar--I only NEED one guitar. It has a wide range of tones; the rest I work from my amp (no one knows **** about amps, these days...I bet my left leg you have a Line 6 Spyder somewhere in your house, or a POD, heh). I don't have a bar, or a floyd tremolo, though I know how to use them both pretty well (I have them on my older, 'retired' guitar). What I do have that I am pretty good with is one badass suped up 535q wah pedal. Too bad it's broke. >:0\

We should all post some improv recording links.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom