Crysis 2

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
For the crouch being a toggle and other stuff they didnt add for PC version, there is a dude that made this nifty app.

Changes (Version 1.6)
*fixed motion blur (again)
*added a 4th level to all basic settings (low = 1, medium = 2, high = 3, extreme = 4)
*added FSAA support to fix stuttering
*added multiGPU
*added sound hit feedback
*fixed some minor buts

For extreme textures to work, turn off MSAA. Some people have noticed an upgrade in texture quality.

If you are going to use multi-GPU, make sure post processing is turned to medium as higher will cause crazy flickering.

Some Default Values:
HDR Level and Bloom Level's default value were both 1. 0 will turn them off.
Motion Blur's default value is 1. You can set it one higher with some noticeable effects. The highest vanilla Crysis 2 went for all default settings was "extreme" which equals 3. This program will allow you to set them to my "extreme" which sets them all to 4. This could increase graphical quality.

Also I'll be doing a pretty big re-write of the code this week. I know some of you are still having a lot of issues with auto detecting the root Crysis 2 folder. These fixes will be coming.

requirements:
Crysis 2
.Net 2.0 or higher
Windows XP, Vista, or 7

Basic instructions:

1. Once you have unziped place anywhere you want.
2. Delete any autoexec.cfg files found in the Crysis 2 root folder. (if you're asking what that is, don't worry about it)
3. Delete any target commands you may have put on the shortcut as they will override the autoexec.cfg that is created
4. Run the Crysis2AdvancedGraphicsOptions.exe
5. Hit apply once all settings are set
6. If the autoexe.cfg file is not created, run the program as administrator.

Source & download links: http://wasdie.blogspot.com/2011/03/crysis-2-advanced-video-options-version_27.html

source on steam forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1807934

Thanks to him i am finally able to disable that motion blur and tweak the settings i like.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's actually my biggest complaint, the ******* toggle crouch. Got me killed so many times.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
They added options for that in the patch the other day. You could still use the console or launch parameters to change it anyways.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I enjoy this game. Grabbing and throwing aliens through walls wins.

Best answers
I'm still thinking about getting it on my 360. I loved the first game. How good is the plot really? Because I heard mixed opinions about it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm playing ... I still prefer the first, the game is totally lighter, but now everything is made ​​of concrete and trees are no moving even more.
But like any game of "shooting", play multiplayer 10h and delete or let up and say: let there after I play. And you never play.
Longings of counter strike and ESF in Lan House. I'm hoping with Battlefield 3, I hope I can use all the power of my PC and play as much multiplayer BF2

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My first impression on the initial runthrough was that Crysis 2 lacked much variation in gameplay or even in battles, with a story that left something to be desired for fans of the original hoping to run into Nomad or Psycho and understand what happened back on Lingshan.

On replay though, I'm still having some fun, having adapted to the play-style needed for Crysis 2.

I love how the Nanosuit has been simplified. Eliminating the speed and strength modes and absorbing them into the suit's core functions, plus making the cloak and armor modes single-button pushes have REALLY streamlined things, and I'm glad Crytek realized that this was a major weakness of the previous games. Hit detection and basic combat have been similarly fixed to make kills more satisfying and final, and the addition of the stealth-kill is something I'd have loved back in the original game.

I'm disappointed by how much smaller the maps seem and how fewer the options are, but I also recognize that it ensures the game's pacing remains steady.

The visuals are second to none. Crysis 1 was always great-looking and had some of the best vistas I've ever seen in a game, but when viewing a lot of things close-up, nothing held up quite as well. In reducing map-size, every little detail on Crysis 2's maps has been refined to a mind-boggling extent, so that I hardly see polygons, textures or shaders as I play. The degree of immersion is truly wondrous in capturing a realistic representation of urban combat set in New York city. The implementation of global illumination in a game is astounding, especially given how efficiently the game runs on it's highest settings on my PC. Just seeing a rotating light hit a red barrel and splash a subtle orange glow on the surrounding walls gives me shivers.

I was disappointed in how the subplots concerning the Ceph and the Virus seemed to matter so little. The closest things we see to alien bases are little makeshift camps that remind too much of Halo at times. There's no equivalent in this game to the incredible spaceship sequence from the original game. The closest we come is breaching the hull of a bio weapon and getting spat out one of it's vents.

The multiplayer, (save for the embarrassing serial number, connection and unlock problems) is excellent. Playing this game can be a blast if you figure out a style and configuration, and set out to take on all challengers. Using a combination of a stealth, a shotgun and some well-placed melee hits, I once actually managed to achieve the top-tier killstreak, and then blasted my way to win a free-for-all match. Let me just say, scarcely has THAT ever happened to me.

At any rate, the multiplayer is far and away better designed than Crysis 1, even if that Battlefield style gameplay seemed like a fun idea.

A rather solid buy. A nice, unusually long single player (in a time when SP campaigns could be six hours for a retail 60 dollar game) and a firm multiplayer. It's not perfect by any means, but I can say I'm reasonably impressed.

PS: Does anyone else love how recent games can alt-tab out so easily and instantly anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom