Crash when joining server

Best answers
I have just installed ESF 1.2 and a few problems have shown up, I had a DLL problem but I have fixed that. Now I have a problem when im joining a server,
It seems to wont to shut down every time I join a server, it shows a few frames of the game and just locks up.
Can you please inform me of a fix to this error.

Best answers
TaCtics said:
I have just installed ESF 1.2 and a few problems have shown up, I had a DLL problem but I have fixed that. Now I have a problem when im joining a server,
It seems to wont to shut down every time I join a server, it shows a few frames of the game and just locks up.
Can you please inform me of a fix to this error.
READ THIS SECTION, IT IS FROM ANOTHER THREAD!!!

took the client.dll out of the folder, and it ran, I created a server, but then the area where it told you to pick your person (I think, im new to it), an error message pops up and crashes...WTF

now, this really really sucks, I have been waiting for 1.2 in hopes of it being totally steam-ized for months now, I had this same problem with 1.1, but this doesnt work, this has been the most pissed off I have been since I couldent get 1.1 to work

so what is the problem, what the hell is client.dll
swaggaz
View Public Profile
Send a private message to swaggaz
Find all posts by swaggaz
Add swaggaz to Your Buddy List
Today, 09:41 PM

DragonDude
I'm A Monkey, Mr Anderson

You definately need the client.dll to play Half-Life or any of its mods.
The client.dll is a collection of source files written in C++ that provide the code for the acts and functions regarding the client-side half of Half-Life's server-client communication (mainly the HUD).

DragonDude
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DragonDude
Send email to DragonDude
Find all posts by DragonDude
Add DragonDude to Your Buddy List
Today, 10:51 PM
Brolly USSJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonDude
You definately need the client.dll to play Half-Life or any of its mods.
The client.dll is a collection of source files written in C++ that provide the code for the acts and functions regarding the client-side half of Half-Life's server-client communication (mainly the HUD).
he is correct it is in c++ as well as it tells the server what version game or mod you are running. It is sort of like a label, for example if you want a game Budokai 2 and you saw 1 then you would tell whoever was selling it to you that budokai 1 isnt what you want and you would reject it, that is what the server does with the client.dll file!

Hope that helps! :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom