Couple steam questions.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Normally when you want to add a custom map, all you have to do is add it to the maps folder, or when you want to replace a model for a custom one, al lyou have to do is overwrite the one you want to replace. Its not like that for steam.
Like for the mod Dod for example. I look in the model/players directory and the mod's models arent there. Where are they? Same goes for the maps, theyre not where they would be if you use won.

Best answers
That's cos they are stored somewhere else. If you want to add a map, overwrite a model or whatever, do the same as if you did it for won. Create directories if they aren't there yet. So if you want to add a map, create a folder called "maps" and put inside the folder, it should work then.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think all that stuff is in the gfc file.
but what i want to know is, am i able to acccess the models and maps?
lets say esf 1.2 is the same way and i want to send someone the...goku model. will i be able to?

Best answers
There is no program to decompile Steam gamecachefiles (gcf). All file's, which you put in the ESF folder like on WON, will replace the one in the gcf. But you can't send or edit files IN the gcf (yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom